Author Topic: Mesotherapy / Lipodissolve ???  (Read 4388 times)

Offline london

Had a consultation with a cosmetic doctor who wants to treat my gyne with Mesotherapy (a twice weekly 8 week course of lipodissolve micro-injections) rather than an operation. Has anyone else ever used this type of therapy to treat their gyne?? And if so was it successful? Obviously I would much rather do the Mesotherapy if it works, but also don't want to waste my time and money.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Ive been on these boards for a while now, and cant say Ive heard of this technique...interesting concept though.......

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
ive heard about lipodissolve, but its such a new thing hardly any1 has had it.
keep us posted on how u get on?
how much will it cost?
whos the doc that will b doing it?
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline Boobit

• Posting Member
Had a consultation with a cosmetic doctor who wants to treat my gyne with Mesotherapy (a twice weekly 8 week course of lipodissolve micro-injections) rather than an operation. Has anyone else ever used this type of therapy to treat their gyne?? And if so was it successful? Obviously I would much rather do the Mesotherapy if it works, but also don't want to waste my time and money.

Could you tell us who the cosmetic doctor is?  I've had a similar suggestion to correct an op that hasn't worked out as I'd hoped. At a guess seeing that you're 'london' would it be at the Regent's park end of Harley St?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 08:20:08 AM by Boobit »
Boobit

Offline blame2005

• Posting Member
hi to anyone that wants to know,
I dont think u can get LIPODISSOLVE or LIPOLYSIS as its also known on the NHS. Its going to be private for sure as it hasnt been fully recognised by NHS as yet. I believe the best site to look for physicians in the UK or worldwide who do this procedure is:

http://www.network-lipolysis.com/

If you are in the London area i would personally recommend DR TAPAN PATEL as he was very understanding with me. However there are plenty of other great docs on there. I think, if i remember correctly, the injections cost around £300-£400 each. But you may need to check. They will NOT erradicate Gynecomastia but moreso dissintegrate localised fat.

Good Luck All!

BLaME

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
hey so you had patel. did you manage to get the treatment on your health insurance. i have excess fat, and puffiness but no gland, and when it is cold my chest looks amazing. it is just the rest of the time when i get puffiness. would the treatment work _also how did you pay for it.
and do you think there is any way i could win my nhs gp to arrange it for me, as my health insurance wont even cover the full operation, which has been around for ages
many thanks

Offline blame2005

• Posting Member
i havent actually had the treatment masterp. Dr Patel talked about it as an option when i was talking to him about fat removal. He is very good i assure you. I am not sure if they will do it through health insurance and/or NHS. I very much doubt it - it appears to be something more "cosmetic" than life threatening so they will prob see it as more of a novelty than a serious issue.
I am no doctor but if u have puffiness (as i did pre-op) that would suggest breast tissue sitting behind the nipple. Fat would not cause that. I would talk to ur doctor about nolvadex or another anti-estrogen especially if the tissue has not yet fibrosed. try a self assessment  - feel ur nipple (squeeze) to see if there is any hard tissue behind it..if unsure, again ask ur doc-----Lipolysis/lipodissolve is purely for fat and not for breast tissue - it wont work! Patel will tell u that. Dr. Karidis will tell u that too.
In terms of payment - i am sure u cud come to some sort of arrangement with the physician involved....
Good luck
« Last Edit: May 11, 2005, 02:05:46 AM by blame2005 »

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
do u knw if alex karidis offers this lipodissolve?
also where is this patel guy?

lipodissolve sounds good, but i read on another forum it can give uneven results.  the person doing it has to be very skilled in it.
i still hve a little left over fat on the bottom of my chest which i need removing, but dnt really wanna go thru surgery again.

Offline blame2005

• Posting Member
I dont think Dr. Karidis offers this but can advise as to its results/effects i guess....

Dr Patel is in north london. His details are below and he is fully trained in the procedure:-

Dr. Tapan Patel
MD, MBBS, MRCP
592 Finchley Road
London NW11 7RX
Telephone: 0208 455 7809

www.doctor-in-the-house.com

Offline masterp

• Bronze Member
hey so this wouldnt work for puffy nips. I dont understand why i have them, as my estrogen really isnt that high. My T is low, but i dont have gland.

i guess the procedure would only reduce the breast fat, but i would still have a bit of puff.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024