Author Topic: start of my diary - surgery soon/with pics  (Read 3314 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
hi guys,
Been looking at this board for sometime and its been a huge help. After so many of you have posted your experiences I feel that I should as well. My pics are included....Benito said I have grade 2 gyne...quite alot of fat there but no puffy nips. Feel free to comment on pics. I have waited for so long to have this.......I have not talked about it for over 17 years but when my wife said she was thinking about having some cosmetic surgery I got the guts to tell her of my problem. Once I had told her I told my parents as well who have been so supportive, although they are worried about surgery incase anything goes wrong. I told my mum that this procedure is done alot to try and ease her worries.....I think my wife worries as well. I have to do it as I dont see any other way of getting rid of this problem. I have a holiday booked with family in September and want to be able to go swimming and run around with no top on playing with my 2 year old daughter......up to now I cant even take her swimming Im so paranoid. And i cant wait to choose new wardrobe!!!!!!!! In fact I have so many clothes that I have been given as presents that I have never worn I will already have a new wardrobe!!!!!!!  Benito is fully booked for April and May so hoping to go first week in June. I will keep my diary posted. Benito is so busy right now..he said there are lots of people from this board going to him.....hope it will all go well!! Is two weeks long enough to have off work?

THanks for all support on this site, it has been important!!!!

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Good luck with the surgery. By all accounts, Benito seems to be a good choice. It was a toss up between him and Karidis for me but I opted for Karidis for one or two reasons, but it's a personal choice. I am sure you will get great results from Benito.

On a personal note, I don't wish to sound rude but you may benefit from trying to shift a few lb's before your surgery, although it is not essential by any means. I was in the same boat as you, although I had puffy nips, but I am sure that loosing the weight will help me achieve better results long term as well as making the surgeons job a bit easier!! It will also give you a mental lift and an added incentive to get your shirt off in the summer!!

Good luck and keep us up to date with your progress.

P.S. You can upload multiple photos in your posts. Just select 'more attachments' after you upload your initial pic and this will allow you to upload a total of 4 pics in each post.  ;)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline darrend

• Bronze Member
Mate a good dose off the gym and sensible eating and cut out the booze would save you a few quid you look more overweight than a gyne sufferer, try a good personal trainer and you will see a big difference and then maybe Dr B if your still unhappy.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
I agree I am a little overweight and will try to lose a few pounds prior to surgery, however, I used to be a professional Ice skater for 7 years and was extremely fit, but, you guessed it, I still had moobs. So I believe I am a gyne sufferer and have been for many years. I will keep everyone posted of my experience.

Cheers

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Not spamming the board up, it would not let me put all pics on at once, dont know how to make files smaller. Dr Benito said it was grade 2 gyne, lots of fat. Other people have said it is not that bad but I sure feel it is. Its a difficult one but im sure surgery will make it that whole much better. I will keep diary posted for other guys debating surgery or not.

Later

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Looks like moobs to me mate you have made a good choice with Benito.

I had virtually no time off work (only moderately physical job) in reality I only had the weekend off.

I am now over 17 weeks post op and I have to say I am still healing especially on my left side. By your holiday the scars will be minimal and the chest should have settled done (no guarantees though). Just remember if the wound sites are still discolored when you go on holiday you will need to use total sun block on them to prevent them from staying discolored.

All the best
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Paul,
So you went with Dr Benito did you? From what I can gather he seems to be extremely popular on here. It is a big thing to go through and I hope it all goes well. I keep trying to justify having it done...I look in the mirror and think do I really need it......its alot of money, but I cant get away from the fact that deep down I know it is the only way forward. In the end Paul, was it worth it for you and what have been the main plus points of having the surgery.

Thanks for your comments

irish lad

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
bkkross

now 18 weeks post op still have swelling and a lump on the left side pushing out the nipple. It has gone down and seems to change on a 2 week basis. I am not convinced it will fully go I think I have scar tissue. But in the very beginning Dr Benito did say I might need a revision on the left side for which he quoted me another £2000 pounds.

Mwalker74
I have asked myself many times if I would have had it done if I had known what the results would be like. In the end I don't know my wife says they look much better but then she would say that. If my left side had turned out like my right I would have said absolutely. I still wear tight vests now because of the lump whereas before I had the gyne and I suppose lived with it for many years. the one thing I can tell you is I will have it revised if it stays the same way in the hope of getting it flatter.

In the end I think every one has there own reasons for wanting it done and if yours are strong enough for you then go for it, but be realistic I don't think the surgery is a 'cure' the surgeons just make the best of a bad situation.

Hope this helps

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024