Author Topic: hotels in Barcelona  (Read 1838 times)

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Hi All

Surgery booked for 4th June. However, we thought we might fly the night before just in case there are any delays etc, when i asked Aida about hotels she sent me a list with 5 star accomodation - very pricey, is there any other hotels nearby for the night before i go in hospital?
Cheers

Offline outertrial

We stayed in the confortel, it was very nice, central and a very good price. Be aware though that theres 2, one in the centre of town and another less popular one a 15 - 20 minute walk away near a train station. We booked and paid for the central one but were "upgraded" to the  other one when we arrived as there was meant to be some problem with our room. It wouldnt have mattered so much but Id just had the op and the wife had specifically booked the central one so I wouldnt have to walk.

On arrival I complained, said Id had an operation couldnt walk and waved my discharge paper at them.  The second manager was very apologetic and sent us back in another taxi to the first one where we found a hamper and champagne in our room.

To be honest European hotels seem to do this overbooking trick an awful lot and Im not sure what you can do about it. I actually suspect they do it more to the British because they think you wont complain. I'd probably just refuse to move next time and see what they do. Anyway I digress, lots of hotels in Barcelona but thats a good one, near the Ramblas.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024