Author Topic: diary..starts here..dr benito!  (Read 8492 times)

irish lad

hello people

first of all id just like to say thanks to all the people who helped in anyway since i first joined this board two months back..i learned an awful lot about gyne and indeed my own condition through my pics people commented on.. if it wasnt for this board and the people on it i would of never heard of dr benito or know half as much i now know about gyne..

anyway im just about to leave my house in ireland to get the bus to the airport for my consultation in london tommrow..im exicited but nervous incase i dont get the go ahead why? iv been turned down by harly medical in dublin saying i didnt have gyne this still plays some effect on me mentally until benito gives me the green or red light, but through my pics anyone who has seen them comfirmed i do def have gyne and most likely a glandular problem..il let ye all know how i get on tommrow and hopefully everything will go smooth..

my pre-op pics one last time.. http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg139/irishlad2008/

well im just back home now after the consultation.. a very long day indeed, left my house at midnight thursday had to get a taxi to the bus stop waited a futher half hour til my bus came at 1.30 am, arrived at dublin airport around 4.00 am and sat around waiting for my flight for a futher 4 hours until my flight at 8.50 am, arrived in heathrow around 10.30 am and then i got the heathrow express to paddinghton and then the bakerloo to regants park (bare with my spelling lol) in all i was doing very well time keepin wise..my appoinment was at 1.45pm but i arrived at around 12.00pm and asked if i could get in early which to my delight was allowed... in all i really enjoyed the trip to london everything was well sign posted and also thanks to the directions i was given their was no way i was getting lost!

consultation results... i made my way into dr benito and was greeted with a warm handshake and was told to sit down where i was asked a few questions like how long do you think you have gyne? etc... dr benito then analysed my chest and straight away told me i have puffy nipples straight to the point lol! and my case of gyne was a glandular problem which he thinks are making my nipples puffy.. overall he said my chest was very lean reason being he could'nt find any fat.. i then was given the choice of either an aerola excission or an armpit excission and explained both of them.. i decided to go with the armpit excission because he told the scars would be hidden or less visable under the arm pit but i would feel discomfort when raising my arms but would be less noticeable to say anyone in the dressing room in the gym etc.. he said at anytime i can change my mind about which excission to have even just before surgery.. do you guys think im making the right decsion???or were any of ye ever given ths decision by benito? dr benito also advised me no excercise 2 weeks poir to the op and the another 2-3 weeks rest after it before returning to training etc..he did say just some light streching would be ideal starting back training..

in all the consultation lasted about 10 to 20 minutes i asked him everthing i could think of ,but forgot one thing wheter he tought it would be a good idea to shave my chest before the op..i was really pissed off about that one because its playing on my mind.. dr benito the qouted me 2700 pounds but living in ireland and the currency being euro i asked could i pay in euros which worked out at 3800 euros this included everything from being collected from airport,2 nights in hospital,vest,drains etc..

overall i found dr benito a really nice down to earth guy who gets straight to the point..
i was then told aida(dr benitos assitant) will ring me monday to book my op..il keep ye posted on that monday..
cheers lads thanks for the replys much appriciated!

just a quick update, so i now have a date booked for surgery.. i was due to get the op on the 14th of may and then i changed til the 28th of may but due to complications in getting my loan i coudnt confirm the booking and lost my place.. but as of yesterday i got my loan and booked  surgery for the 6th of june which isnt that far away and theirs no turning back now.. hopefully il be gyne free in a few weeks, my next update will be after the op when il fil ye in on everything.. cheers again ;)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:55:32 AM by irish lad »

Offline kingboob

Best of luck with your consult Irish..........  In my experience the actual consultation can be a bit of let down emotionally.........   No doubt you will build yourself up, getting ready for the worst....... but all that happens is the surgeon has a quick look & feel and says ''yeah, no problem, when do you want it done''...

I know after my first consult I was left with the feeling of 'is that it', because you have lived with the problem for so long, it is kind of hard to believe it is so easy to get sorted out once you speak to the right people.

As for your pictures..no doubt you have a bit of something going on there.... harley medical group don't have a very good reputation on here, so I would put that out of your mind right away.

Offline mwalker74

• Bronze Member
Good luck with Benito. I am booked in for the 4th June in Barcelona. Forget Harley, i had "free" consultation also, just money grabbers i feel. Im looking forward to getting rid of my moobs. One question for people who have had the surgery, the stitches Benito uses, do they dissolve on their own or do they need to be removed? If the latter, does ur own GP remove them? My check up will be on the 27th June in London.

Thanks

irish lad

thanks for the comments iv updated now with consultation results.. you might find it interesting

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
Glad the consultation went well, go to the website www.cosmeticsurgeryabroad.org, his e-mail is at the bottom if you want to ask about shaving your chest. I wouldn't bother shaving it personally, it was my armpit hair he ripped out when he took my bandages off! When I had surgery with Benito he made the incision slightly below and to the side of each nipple, I notice that he seems to do this with slightly more severe cases, he can obviously get to a larger area doing the incision there. You obviously have quite a mild case so he can do yours through the armpit or areola, personally I'd go for areola as I can imagine it being f*cking irritating having a hole under my armpit (he's very neat where he cuts anyway), remember your arms are down by your side most of the day and it could be very painful.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Irish Lad, I hope all goes well for you. In relation to the incision area, I can only comment on my own experience and to be honest, the nipple scar seems to be OK and certainly something I can live with. Initially I was sceptical as to whether it would really get to the point where it was invisible, but as time is passing by, this would appear to be nothing to worry about. The only difference is that I think Benito uses stitches whereas Karidis doesn't. My actual incision is no more than 7-8mm!! He takes the gland out piece by piece rahter than in one big lump and therefore the incision is smaller. I am sure Benito knows exactly what he is doing but I just can't see how you could get the same results by an armpit incision? I had lipo through the armpit and nipple incision for the gland removal and this seems to ahve done the trick, but if you are still unsure, drop Benito an email and I am sure he would be happy to put you right. Please don;t take my concern about the armpit excission as anything like gospal, it is purely my feeling about it and I am by no means whatsoever an expert!!!

Best of luck (but then you are Irish and so have bags of that!!!  :D). Be sure to keep us updated.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

belfastmale

great post glad your consultation went well. just shows you that the harley medical group are a complete waste of time. im booked in to see him on may 3oth, and i also have to travel a long way just for a 20 min consultation, but sure it will hopefully be worth it in the end.
Im interested in knowing why he says no exercise 2 weeks before surgery,did he give you any reasons for this?

irish lad

bbk...very good advice,just been thinking about it and im am in a state of two minds wheter to go with the armpit excission or aerola excission..i am feeling good but not as good as i should be because i actually asked hm what he taught was best and he said it depends if i want less scaring etc leaving the decision totally down to me..to be honest i would of just perfered to hear him ok say aerola is the best option etc u know.. ye i know  in ireland it is a balls to find where u want to go..sign posts are mostly in irish which nobody bloody speaks!lol

another case.. very good point and advice if anything im tilting more towards aerola now because i can imagine how annoying undr the armpit would be,even little things like spraying some deodrant in the mornings etc.. i say that would hurt a lot..

blue... trust me im an exception to the luck of the irish!lol  : :D.. ye i would be more than happy if i got your results after seen your pics! karidis and benito seem to be the top two guys in europe everyone seems to be getting near enough great results..

belfast.. iv no idea i didnt even ask him..i should of but didnt really think much of it.. trust me im sure it will be worth it..the hardest part is the travilling im like a zombie today and im prtty much gonna sleep all day.. belfast airport should fly directly to heathrow though and once you get in london its a breeze just hop onto tubes etc..il give you the directions i was given and you'l have no problems..

just regarding the aerola..where is it lol! is under the nipple? i wasnt told..

im thinking of posting a thread over on the main board about wheater armpit or aerola..

my only worry about aerola is if i was to get the op in june do you think id be ok to take my top of for early september because im back to college and il be doing my lifegaurd exam? and i would get slated if people found out i got this done..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 11:49:10 AM by irish lad »

Offline outertrial

You seem very worried about it all Irish. Relax its not a big deal, whatever happens your getting rid of the gyne. You can use silicone gel on the scars, I had mine on my chest and its not much noticeable now.

irish lad

true.. im just anxcious is all a bit too much..

is the aerola excission another word for nipple excission?

belfastmale

how long do you have to wait now for the surgery with dr benito

irish lad

il know monday mate..his assistant will ring me then.. il fill ye in

Offline brad_titt

• Posting Member
i then was given the choice of either an aerola excission or an armpit excission and explained both of them.. i decided to go with the armpit excission because he told the scars would be hidden or less visable under the arm pit but i would feel discomfort when raising my arms but would be less noticeable to say anyone in the dressing room in the gym etc..

Did he say the discomfort felt from an armpit incision would be permanent? Or would it fade with time?

Good luck anyway, I think you've picked the right man for the job.

irish lad

brad.. it would fade in time maybe a month or more depending on your recovery but it would defiently not last forever.. the main benifit would be their would be less scaring but more painful..

cheers

Offline brad_titt

• Posting Member
 so gyne.org has adopted a gameshow theme since my last login...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024