Author Topic: Chorltons Thread - Op Feb 2005  (Read 14775 times)

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Hi All,

I have read loads of posts going back years on this site. Finally went to see Levick this month and am booked in for the operation.  God I am so worried now.  What if it goes wrong,  will I need revision surgery?, Will people see the compression vest at work?, If he takes out the gland and the fat what will happen to the loose skin left over?, and now I am going to have to work on my fat belly (not really fat but - will I be come obsessed with that next?)

Reassure me people.

Chorlton.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 10:40:53 AM by Chorlton »

Offline uk2000

• Why Meeee!!
Levick has a excellent reputation, so you be in good hands.
You wont need a revision surgery unless he doesnt remove the gland properly,  but u shudnt worry about that as i read he removes enough of it to give a very flat looking chest.
Dont worry about loose skin wearing the vest will push it back agaisnt the skin.

Just concentrate on eating well and tuning yr body, work on yr stomach and do cardio work untill the surgery.
July 04 - Gland removal + liposuction- Adriaan Grobbelaar. Results: Terrible
Feb 05 - Lipo Revision- Alex Karidis.
Nov 05 - Gland + Lipo- Alex Karidis.
Jun 06 - LHS gland + Lipo - Alex Karidis.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi chorlton ,

ive got the op with levick in feb aswell and ive had similar worries myself , especially about the loose skin afterwards but he told my the skin will shrink back .

i dont think you should be worrying about revision at this stage , you  should presume hes gonna do a good job as he has a great track record.

im really looking forward to the op.

like you i have a bit of a belly to shift ,so come jan 1st i will be living like a saint(mostly).

happy new year.

paul

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Hi Cholton + Paul,

I'm booked in for an Op with Levick in Feb as well: also looking to shift a bit of a tum before then! No more cakes and Ale for 2005.

Will be interested to hear how you guys have got on. Good luck.

Merv.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi chorlton /merv

hows it going with the belly shifting then , ive managed  to lose 8 lb since new years eve ,mainly due to giving up the kronenbourgs. if i can lose another 5-6 lbs before the op then that should give me a bit of leeway for when im sat on me a*se for the week after the op.

18 days to go !

paul..

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
uk_bloke

Do you find time is slowing down the closer you get  :-/ Im due in to see Levick on the 25th Jan for a consultation then i will book surgery at the soonest available slot.  Ive had this condition so long now but now I have the ball rolling im so impatient and really want it fixed yesterday
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
 rrb,

yeah i know what you mean , its really dragged on since the consultation on 15 th of nov , i wanted to get it done before xmas but couldnt due to work commitments .
im 34 and have had this thing for nearly 25 years so an extra month wont hurt.
at least i know that on my 35 birthday in april they will be gone .

paul.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
Hi All,

Since my consultation on 21st Dec time has gone quite quick for me (probably cause of xmas).  I had this also since I was 9/10 (now 33).  If I had not stayed up to watch that documentry on chanel 4 (and not followed my misses up to bed!) I would never have known there was a solution.  I thought I was stuck with them for life.

Roll on feb, the flat chest and a fab summer!

Chorlton

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Im 34 in 2 weeks and have had this condition for as long as i can remember.  If it wasnt for this site I would never have knew there was a solution.  I never wanted to go see my GP about this.  I now just so impatient its unreal.  I want to see Levick and get surgery as soon as i possibly can.  I dont want to go any longer with this now i know there is a solution.

Its not so i can go topless anywhere or show off my new chest. For me its just so i can look in the mirror and feel normal about myself and not feel disgusted.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
Since finding the site I now look at them knowing they are going to go soon.  I wonder how it will be to look and feel normal.  Its a funny feeling really.  I was explaining it to the wife and my brother.  The thoughts that would go through my head when I saw myself in the mirrow when showering or seeing them in a shop window when I walk past.  The hiding, the hunching, the baggy tops.  when we used to go on holiday I would make excuses not to go in the pool with my wife.  I would take my top off but lie flat on the lounger as this made them kinda look normal.  And if I did go in the pool I would look round to make sure no one was looking in my direction and as soon as I was in I would sit in the water so they were covered.  And then I would stay in the pool until I was sure no one was looking watching me get out.  They both could not believe it.

Its funny how your mind works but it is definatley worth it to start to heal the mental drain the condition has put on me since being a kid.  

Bleeding heck - therapy session over.  How much do I owe you?

Chorlton

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

It's like the new kids are coming through... I'm glad you have all made the plunge! I still think it was the best £3500 I have ever spent! I'm sure you will too! Stop worrying guys! I actually enjoyed the whole surgery thing... going under's a blast! And you are on a legal high for about 48 hrs afterwards!

Ian

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help

I actually enjoyed the whole surgery thing... going under's a blast! And you are on a legal high for about 48 hrs afterwards!

Ian

Legal high 48 hrs afterwards ?.  I am thinking i get surgery one day leave the next.  I am travelling from Scotland so I would be getting the train home after leaving the hospital.  Would I be ok with this? not too disorientated or anything ?  Or would it be better to find a B7B and stay another day before travelling home ?

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Hi All,

A lot of action on this thread today!

Paul: Belly shifting slow, lost a few lbs but haven't really been trying yet. Bought a new pair of Asics in the NY sales so I'm gonna hit the streets a few times over the weekend.

Time going pretty fast: after 19yrs with Gyne (30 now) and seeing an end in sight (16th Feb) I guess a month is nothing. Since I've been taking steps to deal with the problem, its been less of an issue. Even took my top off when on the beach in Nov (I was in America NOT Northern Ireland), only when lying on my back though. Felt great to think that the next time I'd be doing that it would be with a lot more confidence.

Never saw the C4 Prog. My brother did though and had a chat to me about it after. He had a gyne reversal op on the NHS about 10 yrs ago and knew that I was waiting for mine (only another 6yrs minimum to wait), so it kind of kick started my journey too.

RRB - I'm travelling back to NI by train/boat after my op. Was advised to leave it a few days, so am booking into a B&B or hotel. Looking forward to a lying around on my backside for a couple of days! Your journey will be 3-4 hrs shorter than mine so another night may well be enough, best to ask at your consultation.

Merv.

Offline IT100

• Gold Member
  • Gyne Removed by Levick 17/03/04

I think you are with it enough to Travel... although you might want to make extra sure there is nothing coming before you cross any roads! I was actually sorting out a few things for work on the phone 24 hrs after my op... but my customers all wanted to know what was wrong with me and why I wasn't with it at all!

The drugs do mess with your head a bit... they made me have a really short attention span... and I couldn't be bothered to do anything for more than about 2 mins.

Ian

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
Well I have 3 days to go till surgery with Levick.  I am  nervous and excited.  Its wierd.  I keep thinking that I don't need it but when I look in the mirror and  I do. This surgery is for me - to make me feel better about myself physically and mentally.

The wife is booked in a b and b.  I ahve been taking my arnica, the compression vest is on its way, I have not had alcohol or any form of asprin for a few weeks.  I did my last exercise session on Sunday (swimming).  I had a chinese on Saturday which may have had garlic in it so it is making me a little nervous - I want any bleeding to stop!  I have a book set aside to read during the wait for the op.

The wife is planning on taking me cloths shopping after for a make over session.  Looking forward to some new tighter shirts!

How are you Feb surgery guys getting on?

Hope to post some before and after pics in due course.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024