Author Topic: Back to gym- bruising reappearing  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Hey,

When you all went back to gym after surgery at any point did your bruising start to reappear? I have been a couple of times, but today was the first time I used the treadmill. When I was showering I noticed that I had some light bruising on my chest. Did this happen to anyone else?

Cheers, Jim
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

GynO_DuDe

Definitely a sign to take it easy!

When I went back to the gym after post-op I did nothing but cycle, no sort of excercise that stress's the upper body ... And running/jogging is definitely something that shakes the upper body so im not suprised if theirs slight bruising.

I'd say go back to your normal routine atleast 2 months after post-op or when you REALLY REALLY think your comfortable. I.e. when you press your chest you feel no pain etc.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
I've seen lots of posts here discussing returning to the gym and I was one of those people who went back later, I suppose, rather than sooner.

If your bruising is appearing (it could just be coming to the surface rather than increasing) that to me must be a sign you are aggravating the chest I would say either choose a different exercise or wait longer
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Cheers lads. I am still going to the gym, but I stay off the treadmill, use the bike instead. I used some light weights the other day and it was fine though.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Good on ya mate. Keep it up.  ;)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024