Author Topic: Surgery is back on for Saturday - NHS Manchester  (Read 6684 times)

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
Hello all...

This is just a brief note before my surgery... its now Thursday - I am being admitted tomorrow - surgery first thing on Saturday....

As everyone knows there are drawbacks with the NHS... in my case, I was due for surgery on the 23rd April, only to have my bed taken away from me at the last minute when some poor guy was attacked with a machete.... he was on the operating table for 12 hours!! (Puts things into perspective slightly).... anyway, my surgery was replanned and I am confident it will go ahead on Sat....

Wish me luck and I will post some pics after to show my results.... In the meantime, here is the rather nastily proportioned me as I am now....

Speak soon
Newman

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Good Luck - keep us updated with how it all goes, i've got my first appointment with my GP on Monday....first steps and all that.... :-[
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

irish lad

GynO_DuDe

Good Luck, hope you get awesome results!

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
good luck man, i hope your one of us lucky ones who have a good result with the nhs.

ross, its only friday  :P

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Good luck! Just in time for this red hot summer! Wish I was getting surgery tomorow.

Hope it goes well for you.

Offline Jim1985

• Bronze Member
    • Pre and post surgery photos
Good luck with everything. I was walking home today along the river, sun shining, but not a worry about about the gyne. Best I've felt in a long time.
Surgery 2nd April with Dr. Benito.

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
My first post op piccie is attached!! 6 weeks gone and I couldn't be happier..... surgery was really neat and tidy, didn't need drains or anything.... more pics soon but let me know what you think!

Newman

Offline BullsEye

• Posting Member
newman what a transformation, looks very neat and flat as a pancake.

Offline equium

• Bronze Member

Offline john7heaven

• Posting Member
Brilliant result!

Did the surgeon go in under the nipple - or just under the armpits?

I've noticed you don't seem to have any visible damage to your nipples, which a lot of post-op people who had it badly.

Is this because your nipples were not enlarged before the surgery, so they didn't need to be 'trimmed'?  :o

There has to be a reason there is no visible damage at all to your nipples.

What a job and I'm glad you feel free at last.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Great results so far. Please let us know what your procudure consisted of i.e fat and gland removal, armpit lipo, gland excision through nipple etc.
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
It looks absolutley amazing!! What makes me smile is that you got it done through the NHS!!

Go on and enjoy life to the fullest now mate...
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

GynO_DuDe

Youve officially been pimped by the NHS'  ;D ;D

As above, go out n have a laugh' ...

Offline newmanby30

• Posting Member
Thanks so much guys - your comments mean the world!

I had the excision under the nipples as well as lypo through cuts under the arms..... my left nipple does have a visible scar but nothing too severe.... I am still gobsmacked at the right nipple - I can't see a thing, not a mark!! Its incredible.... the fat seems to have magically disappeared, he did a terrific job.

I don't know whether the fact that I didn't really bleed helped - but I wasn't put on drains - even the bandages were white when they came off!! I couldn't understand it... although it explains why the Docs can never find a vein when I have blood tests!! Maybe this is why I haven't really suffered with scars or bruising?

I'm off t'Egypt on Monday for some blistering 40 degree heat (don't worry, I'll be sure to take care of the nips!)... I can't help but feel that it will improve my results even further as a tan will cover any blemishes.... I am so giddy to get my pasty self onto that beach!!

There will be more pictures soon but in the meantime - anyone who is deliberating over whether to try the NHS route - DO IT. I know I've been luckier than some, but I think the more of us who actually approach our Doctors, the more the problem will become more broadly recognised and understood. Then hopefully we will be a step closer to free procedures for one and all.

Thanks again for your kind words and I'll be back in touch soon

Newman

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024