Author Topic: 25yrs 179lbs 6'2" how bad is my gyne? Please Rate  (Read 4232 times)

Offline ccnaboy

• Posting Member
This is something that has been bothering me for years. When I was younger I was on lots of different medications like prozac, riddalin, etc when I was going through puberty. As a result I grew breasts which have remained with me up to this day. I used to be overweight, but have since lost most of my weight, if it wasnt for my breasts I would have no problem wearing size small shirts.

I have never taken my shirt off for anyone in the last 10 years except for my ex wife. (damn woman cheated on me, and ruined my already low self esteem) Well I am dating a new girl now, she is 19 and I am 25 she is VERY thin and attractive and well built! Anyways I am very self conscious, like if we were to have sex I don't know how I would go about explaining the problem of my chest. Is my chest even bad? I think I'm a B cup, but I'm not sure. I use a compression vest to hide it mostly.....

How bad would you say my gynecomastia is?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:59:02 PM by ccnaboy »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
You look like you have a pretty good case of gynecomastia, probably a combination of glandular tissue and fat.  You're a thin guy, but you have more than just a puffy nipple/areola issue.  Your areolar diameter is pretty large, and that would decrease with removal of gland tissue.  You appear to need both gland excision and liposuction.

There's a lot of useful information on this site.  If you're new to the site, spend some time on it checking out the info.  I'm sure you'll be surprised at how many guys add to this thread for you.  They're very supportive.  It's a great site!

I hope you find this helpful.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
Wow, we are the exact same ht. and wt. I'd agree with the doc^^ in severity. Sorry it's caused you the problems it has. I don't think Prozac or ritalin cause this condition but others can ( Risperdal).

Honestly, your girl may not care one bit about your chest if she's into you. I had mine until age 37 and it never kept me from success with the ladies. It's all in how you carry it off. Sure some made fun of me, but I just had to show them that teasing didn't bother me by making jokes about myself too. They always stopped immediately when they saw my attitude about it.

Offline ccnaboy

• Posting Member
so is there any way I can reduce the size at all without resorting to surgery.. That is my problem, my credit is piss poor, and I can't pay cash. :\ I really want to get the surgery it would boost my self esteem and confidence so much knowing that I have this "load off my chest"

Offline MSJ108

Offline dr.darkmind

• Posting Member
well.. at diferent of the other guys, who say that your problem is no t so big, is a thing that you have to define, because only you know how it afect your life, just try to examinate yourself and say how big you want the solution...
i think you have a typical gynecomastya case, i would give you 3 of 10, considering that you are an a thin guy, that should afect your life...
am i right.??
go to the doctor, making exersice may look you a little more bettler, mor proportional, but the problem if is it glandular, will be there,
think about going the doctor, and make the clinical test you have to do, and...
if you have the $$$..... think in a surgery... that would be the only solution for you...
the rest depends of you...

Offline milesed1

• Silver Member
I agree with what he^^ said. If you can't pay for it now, make a plan to get the money saved even if it takes a few years.  Cutting out the restaurants, bars and daily Starbucks really added up quickly for me.

Offline DenverGuy

• Bronze Member
I agree 100% with Dr. Pope and Milesed1. You do have a minor case. (Chest hair looks good!) I had a much bigger case and still didn't have trouble with the ladies, if you know what I mean: women are much better than men at seeing the "big picture". But yes, I did have some women in my life who I'm sure were turned off by my case (which was much worse than yours, I hasten to add). Now that I've had the surgery, I think: Their loss!  ;D

I was cheated on myself, and it sucked big time. But guy, women (and men) cheat on hundreds of thousands of perfectly-bodied people for all sorts of different reasons. Getting gyne surgery will not keep you from being cheated on. That woman did NOT leave you because you have a very minor case of gyne! She cheated on you because she has her own problems!!!

Start saving up slowly, just like you would to buy a car or motorcycle. Do some checking around and find out how much it'll cost you - see a very good, EXPERIENCED surgeon. Make sure the surgeon will do incision of the gland and not just lipo - the gland incision will shrink your nipples and get rid of the puffiness like it did mine and everyone else's who's had that done.

Good luck to you and try to enjoy the summer! You have a very mild case, I want to emphasize! The average person at the pool or beach won't notice.
DenverGuy

Offline ccnaboy

• Posting Member
I was thinking that if I toned up some more that it might reduce the size of my gyne slightly, I guess I would be a little more satisfied if my body looked a little better... anyone here a workout fanatic know about how long it would take to go from where my body is now to tone, with slight muscle definition...

Offline MSJ108

I was thinking that if I toned up some more that it might reduce the size of my gyne slightly, I guess I would be a little more satisfied if my body looked a little better... anyone here a workout fanatic know about how long it would take to go from where my body is now to tone, with slight muscle definition...

I have been training my whole life. If you want to trim up you need to weight train, diet, and do some cardio work. Expect to lose 2 lbs per week. That is healthy! (At first you may lose a bit more, which may be water - espec if you lower your carb intake)

Offline ccnaboy

• Posting Member
anyone know about what the surgery would cost given the size or my condition... just a general ballpark for what I would need to save would be awesome!

Offline johnnybot

• Silver Member

Offline MSJ108

anyone know about what the surgery would cost given the size or my condition... just a general ballpark for what I would need to save would be awesome!

2,500 to 8,000 in the US

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024