Author Topic: just me  (Read 2553 times)

Offline bigones

i am happy the way i am ...yes to all the folks who are concerned about the weight...i appreciate it...but i know the consequences....just trying to let folks know that...again i am ia 46 y/o male and i am happy with who i am....other stories i could tell...but if anyone wants to know just let me know and i will tell all.....lol...well almost.......hbm

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
We have all kinds here,  I'm 67 and the surgery these young guys think they cannot live without did not exist  until about 1990 or so.

We had only two choices, Cope or Mope.

I can't say I like having breasts; But at my age, It is no longer an important issue in my life.  I never allowed it to define who, or what I am or can be.

Even now with Male Breast Reduction surgery common, there are people for whom surgery is not an option.  Hopefully I can help one such learn to cope.  

Not everyone here is looking for surgery.
Grandpa Dan

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
hey guys

i am 22, just finishing up college, and i'm in the process of saving up for surgery,  my gyne is not too bad, i can still get away with wearing a t-shirt without it really showing.  the side profile is my toughest to deal with, but staring straight at me you really couldn't tell.

for me it's just about having what i want, which is a chest that when i look down doesn't stand out especially from the side profile.

this will also be a big confidence "BOOSTER" since i'm just starting to make my own long term life decisions, and even though this is not a IMPORTANT life choice it will still be inpowering.. i just can't wait until the day i put on a shirt without thinking about it.. knowing that day is coming also brings about a sense of excitment- much like when i was a kid knowing christmas day was approaching.

i don't how i will feel about it if i'm lucky enough to reach my 40's, 50's, or 60's.. obviously i can only go by the stage of my life that i'm in right now.

i see alot of grown men in their 40's and 50's on the golf course with gyno.. they could careless it seems ,they just go about having fun on the course throwing back a couple of beers and hanging with their buddies..

so from the way it looks through these 22 year old eyes, i think it's alot easier to deal with it when your older and established in your adult life. as gravity seems to set in and your body gets a little more round, it looks a bit more normal, maybe not normal but acceptable... (if that makes sense)

but when your're a yonger cat like myself and just getting started and your body is supposed to be in it's prime and in shape.-- i think it's a bit more difficult because even though it doesn't prevent me from doing anything i want, it's still always in the back of my mind..

i just hope when the time comes,  and i pick out my surgeon, i get it right!!!!    i'm only going to go with bermant because he is active here and is very skilled in what he does, and from that i feel comfortable with going with him..

in the mean time "THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD"
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:15:49 AM by cleanup »

Offline milk_caps

• Posting Member
Sure you can Cope with this, however, I dont think there is any shame in seeking some relief...either surgerical or via medication.

Many people have crooked teeth and they get braces...why? to look better feel more confident....you have one life...if there is something that really bothers you..and there is a treatment....why not?

hey i 'll take a couple crooked teeth anyday over this.

maybe a tooth or two, but not a whole row-- but deffinatley over gyn0

Offline serg

• Silver Member
I could 'cope' before my surgery. I went to beaches, had girlfriend's and all that and wasn't too concerned about taking off my shirt in those circumstances.

However I chose to have surgery as it would boost my confidence and I didn't like having Gyne protruding through clothes. Surgery for me was very much a confidence 'booster', rather than a confidence 'creator' (does that make sense??)

I personally am delighted I had my surgery. And would make the same decision again in a heartbeat.

serg

« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 10:29:11 AM by serg »

Offline TOLDFT

• Posting Member
Just me, good topic.

Anything you could share about coping would be appreciated.  

I find myself in a position with limited options.  This problem has hit me at age 55 and because of a prior bout with prostate cancer, hormone treatment is not possible (although the reason for the gyne is not known at this point).

I think I'm handling it OK.  I have worked out almost every day since January, lost 20 pounds, come to terms with the fact my shirt is not coming off at the beach this year and talk openly with the wife and kids about it.  What slays me though is recent confirmation that my chest is still growing.

So anything you can share will help.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024