Author Topic: Dr Karadis  (Read 5493 times)

hadenuf

I have some questions about Dr karadis if anyone can answer them?

What is his contact number to make an appointment for a consultation. Also how long is the wait usually for a consultation and how long from then until the surgery?

Also is there anything you need to do prior to visiting him such as seeing my own GP? I have had this since I was about 13yrs old and has always been there, I am now 38 so I doubt it is anything causing it and is just there.

I have now found a source to fund it from my parents, on loan so there is nothing stopping me now really.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Hey mate! Just go to www.nipandtuck.co.uk and you will get all your contact details there.

I used Karidis and have no regrets. See my diary here: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=13273.0

It may take you some time to get through it but may well be worth the effort!

I am still happy with my results despite still getting ups and downs. After all, it is still early days, even at 4 1/2 months post op!

If you have any questions you can PM me.  ;)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

hadenuf

Thanks for that. I have read your diary and is very encouraging indeed. I will try and get a consultation asap and a cancellation would be an option also as I am not working right now so it will be a good time to get it done. Especially since it means nothing to me it being summer right now anyhow.

I do think mine looks worse than yours did preop though as I seem to have more fat even though I have just lost 37 lbs from 13 st 7lbs to under 10 stone. I think I could run on a treadmill till I was skin and mones but still have this problem.

Cheers :)

hadenuf

Right just an update. I bit the bullet today and booked a consultation with Mr karadis. I managed to get in this Friday as there was a cancellation so pretty quick!

Just the first step i know but I am looking forward to it.

Offline crazygyne

• Posting Member
I called Dr. Karidis office 2 weeks ago on a Wednesday and got a consultation for that Friday and now have surgery booked for the 19 august. It really is nothing to worry about once you get in the hospital, the staff are friendly and very professional and karidis has a very calming affect. Once you get the consultation out the way you will wonder why you ever worried.

Good Luck.

hadenuf

Thanks for that. I am looking forward to it to be honest and more excited than anything else. I feel that I am doing something positive for once.

I will let you know how it goes.

hadenuf

I have a consultation with Karadis this friday so looking forward to it.

I would not say I have lots of body fat no but I have always had body fat around my chest and stomach but have very lean legs, butt and arms. I only weigh 150lbs now from about 190 which is what i have put on in the last 7 or so years as i was more comfortable with my chest as i got bigger as its more accepted that fatter blokes have man boobs etc. I decided i wanted to be slim for once so I have worked hard with diet and aerobic excercise to shed the pounds. I am currently doing a 16 mile off road bike ride in just less than 1 hour 20 mins every other day with 30 mins treadmill run on the other days but having a reast for one or 2 days at weekend and still eating healthy and still not drinking booze at all. I am only 5ft 6 inch and my waist is 30 to 32 inch now from 36 inch. My chest is the only stubborn place not to have gone. I did once loose weight down to just under 10 stone when I was about 20yrs old but never got rid of my chest and it has always bugged me. I looked a little ill at that weight also so from that point I just ate what i wanted and drank what I wanted and just kept covered up. Things are gonna change!

Pics as promised. I think it looks worse from the front really in these pics but still dont like it from the side either. Still some fat on my stomach which is hard to clear but working on it.

More pics -

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
I wish you well with your consultation and op.

However, 8 weeks post surgery, my experience with Karidis has not yet been very positive (see my diary). I currently have a big indent on the left side of my chest, and the nipple is inverted on that side.

I am still hopeful that this will sort itself out in the fullness of time, and I've not yet had my follow-up appointment with Karidis.

But even if it does improve, I feel that Karidis should have provided more warning of how unpredictable the recovery process can be. Judging by people on here, there are significant changes happening 6 months on from the operation. I wasn't really given any indication of what to expect.

hadenuf

Thanks Albion71. I do see your problem with your left nipple and maybe it will sort itself out or maybe it will need attention later by him. Your overall look though is very good. I suppose even the most skilled could still make slight mistakes and take too much?

After reading diaries on here I can see it is not a quick fix and will take some months to sort itself out so hopefully I will sorted by next summer and go have a good beach holiday to celebrate. You and others are of great help to me.

I hope after more months yours rights itself or karadis agrees to there being a problem and corrects it. But dont worry as others have said it may still sort itself :) I think your still like others have said on the roller coaster recovery and need to think positive as you do look great from the pictures!

Offline kingboob

I wish you well with your consultation and op.

However, 8 weeks post surgery, my experience with Karidis has not yet been very positive (see my diary). I currently have a big indent on the left side of my chest, and the nipple is inverted on that side.

I am still hopeful that this will sort itself out in the fullness of time, and I've not yet had my follow-up appointment with Karidis.

But even if it does improve, I feel that Karidis should have provided more warning of how unpredictable the recovery process can be. Judging by people on here, there are significant changes happening 6 months on from the operation. I wasn't really given any indication of what to expect.

I know it is frustrating but I would give it a bit more time, 8 weeks isn't very long really.    Also I have seen your pictures and the problems you are talking about don't look that bad; meaning there is a good chance they will heal /  correct in time............

GynO_DuDe

Give it time. People don't realise that gynecomastia correction surgery means it will IMPROVE the condition. Not COMPLETELY give you a 100% normal looking chest ... unless your lucky obviously which the majority are due to minor cases and so on.

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I know it's still relatively early days.

My follow up with Karidis was postponed as there were rail problems, so I'm going to be seeing him in a week or so.

Good luck with your op Hadenuf. Might be worth asking him for a bit more detail about what to expect in the weeks post op - as I say, he didn't really give me much idea.

hadenuf

Got my info pack today and the surgery is booked for the forth of October. I have been asked to get blood test. Do I just request these from my GP, is there any problem in getting these? Will they give me a copy of the results?

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
hadenuf, I heard that Karidis offers to do a blood test after the consultation, but this does cost around £125. I suppose you'd have to see the GP yourself. My GP's office doesn't do blood tests, they send us to the local hospital for that. There shouldn't be a problem in getting a general blood test, but I think the bllod test for gyne also looks for hormone levels, if I'm not mistaken.

hadenuf

I must admit they never offered at consultation and sure she said hormone test was not needed as I have had it since I was about 13yrs old and I am now 38 so unlikely to be hormone levels now? Something like that anyhow, may have to call them. My GP surgery do blood tests I am sure, usually with a nurse.

The blood tests required are -

Full blood count
COAG screen
Urea & Electrolytes
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:59:44 PM by hadenuf »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024