Author Topic: Oct. 1 Surgery (before pics)  (Read 2161 times)

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi ,

I did a lengthy topic on the Surgery Experieces section (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15242.0)

Here are my front and side pics.  UGH.  I almost threw up on my keyboard when I saw them.  It just reminds me why I dont take my shirt off -- even more so a shirtless pic.

Comments?  The "fold" starts under my chest and extends to my underarm.  The doctor said that he had never seen this on a male before (gee thanks!lol), but it can be greatly minimized with liposuction.  If you want more info, see my topic link above.

DrBermant

Hi ,

I did a lengthy topic on the Surgery Experieces section (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=15242.0)

Here are my front and side pics.  UGH.  I almost threw up on my keyboard when I saw them.  It just reminds me why I dont take my shirt off -- even more so a shirtless pic.

Comments?  The "fold" starts under my chest and extends to my underarm.  The doctor said that he had never seen this on a male before (gee thanks!lol), but it can be greatly minimized with liposuction.  If you want more info, see my topic link above.

Excess Skin of the Male Chest resulting in a fold is a common component of Male Chest Ptosis or Drooping after major weight loss.  Nipples and areola are below the pectoral muscles.  The extra skin can create a fold under the arms and for extreme cases continue around the back.

Liposuction will not lift the sagging tissues and actually may make them sag even further.  Liposuction will also not help with the residual gland.  Check typical gland and hanging fat removed with gynecomastia male chest lift surgery.

Here are my Standard Pictures to Demonstrate Male Chest Sagging and Drooping for Male Chest Lift Analysis.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Hanging Tissues

Offline grumpygyne

• Posting Member
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Some more info:  I went to about 6 surgeons, and all but one said that my skin is very elastic, and that based on their evaluations the excision and lipo would eliminate the sagging.  One doctor recommended a chest lift, but would leave me with scars.  I relayed this to the other doctors, and they all basically concurred that for my case a chest lift is too extreme.  This same doctor recommended a tummy tuck as well, but to be honest I was laughed at when I brought it up the other doctors.  The other 5 said I am no candidate for a tummy tuck.

Its hard to tell from the pics, but if I were to flex my pectoral muscle, the sag is lifted 70%, and the crease almost goes away.  Again, my pec muscles are sort of large, and hang down a bit when relaxed.  I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging or anything—its what the docs said. The doctor I chose is pretty confident that relieving the stress on the fold and "resetting" the skin to adhere to the tissues underneath should work.  He showed me several before and after of women who had more severe cases of the long fold and they seem to have normal contours in the after pictures.  He did have one before and after pic of a man with very fat underarms. Although he was very obese, it corrected.

I would be happy with just a 50-60 improvement. Anything else above that is ok by me.

Thanks for the info.  I'll ask the doc again when I go in to ask more Q's.

Maurice

DrBermant

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

Some more info:  I went to about 6 surgeons, and all but one said that my skin is very elastic, and that based on their evaluations the excision and lipo would eliminate the sagging.  One doctor recommended a chest lift, but would leave me with scars.  I relayed this to the other doctors, and they all basically concurred that for my case a chest lift is too extreme.  This same doctor recommended a tummy tuck as well, but to be honest I was laughed at when I brought it up the other doctors.  The other 5 said I am no candidate for a tummy tuck.

Its hard to tell from the pics, but if I were to flex my pectoral muscle, the sag is lifted 70%, and the crease almost goes away.  Again, my pec muscles are sort of large, and hang down a bit when relaxed.  I don’t want to sound like I’m bragging or anything—its what the docs said. The doctor I chose is pretty confident that relieving the stress on the fold and "resetting" the skin to adhere to the tissues underneath should work.  He showed me several before and after of women who had more severe cases of the long fold and they seem to have normal contours in the after pictures.  He did have one before and after pic of a man with very fat underarms. Although he was very obese, it corrected.

I would be happy with just a 50-60 improvement. Anything else above that is ok by me.

Thanks for the info.  I'll ask the doc again when I go in to ask more Q's.

Maurice

I developed my Short Scar Internal Male Mastopexy Chest Lift as a compromise for marginal cases not needing a major skin resection.  How chest muscles react to the sagging is part of those standard images I posted.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024