Author Topic: Before and after pics.. tell me what you think  (Read 3821 times)

Offline jchc81

So i had my surgery on monday August 11th after living with this for years. i am 26 and remember feeling like this since around 12 i guess. i'm happy i got the surgery done i just had lipo. here are some before pics and 4 days post op. i am a little worried that enough was not taken out but i'm hoping it's just swollen and will get smaller. tell me what you think. i don't see that much improvement!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/29534384@N05/

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
hi there,

Can you tell us more about your case? Do you think you had gland? Did your surgeon discuss with you excision of gland or did he just tell you that what you had was pure fat? 3 days is too early anyway, but you can tell from the side pics that there is a difference. I notice that you don't have puffy nipples which may indicate that you don't have gland. I'm not sure of that but I have a similar case with no puffy nipples, just fat (I think).

Offline jchc81

We discussed it and he said it was mostly fat and if there was gland he would make an incision during the surgery but he did not have to make an incision. I'm probably over reacting but just want to get different opinions. From what i remember him saying he took out about 350-400 cc of fat on each side. I don't feel too much pain and not sure if it's swollen how do you know? i go back on tuesday 19th

Offline The_G0rn

• Gold Member
So i had my surgery on monday August 11th after living with this for years. i am 26 and remember feeling like this since around 12 i guess. i'm happy i got the surgery done i just had lipo. here are some before pics and 4 days post op. i am a little worried that enough was not taken out but i'm hoping it's just swollen and will get smaller. tell me what you think. i don't see that much improvement!

4 days is really too early to make a proper comment, but:
I think the appearance of your chest has greatly improved compared with the pre-op photos.
Now the bad news...it still looks like you have bitch breasts.  Sorry  :(
Surgery done 18th March 2008

Offline MA1980

• Posting Member

hi dude

I did only lipo, same as your case, my PS said no need for gland excision since mostly I have fat and during lipo he would try to remove as much from the gland through his special sharp cannula,

I did the surgery 2 weeks ago, immediately after the surgery as I saw it was flat but after 2-3 days my breast looked like I didn't do the surgery, same as pre op, now after 2 weeks I can see big improvement the swelling  decreased but still not totally flat
but I have to wait at lease 3-4 weeks to finish my initial healing and to see just a hint of my result

from this form I can conclude that you have to wait at least 3 - 6 month,
I know what you feel now bcoze I experienced that and from your pics i can see bruising and swelling which mean that your PS did lipo.

dude.... just be patient and forget the surgery, try to live your life as pre op and as my PS said don't look at the mirror at least one month

congrats for the op....good luck

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
It's like this my friend..gyne occurs when you have an excess of fatty tissue, gland, or both. Now it's up to your doc to know which problem you have and perform the surgery which will help rectify the problem, but in many cases, physicians who are not comfretable performing the gland excession procedure will intentionally push lypo on you, and stress the fact that you should be optimistic but realistic.  Most times these jerks are not certified through the american medical association of plastic surgeons, and are just trying to make a cheap buck out of people who are desperate for change.  Usually these doctors have web sites which say they perform gynecomastia surgery, but they don't have any pics of their work, plus there sites look cheap and uniformative.  Other times the doctors will have before and afters of breast augmentations, or reduction pics for women, face lifts, chin lifts etc., but nothing which indicates any competance performing gyne for men.  As for your problem, I think you look alot better than you did previously, but you still have a gland problem which will keep your breast from looking flat, and will continue to cause your nips to look puffy. I know alot about this because I had the same problem.  I had my first surgery in 06 with a cosmetic doctor who said he did the gyne prcedure, but after telling me I had both a gland and fatty tissue problem, said he'd only do lypo while trying to scare me about possible craters and deformities that happen whenever gland excession was done.  I went along with it because I was desperate, and would do anything to get even a little better, but I wish now that I would have cancelled it and saved for someone more qualified rather than paying over 7,000 for what I have now.

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
I too did only lypo...the first time.  I felt releived that I found a doctor who said that he could use only the lyp...turns out he did not know what he was talking about.

I spent the next few years looking a little better. But still has gyno.....then i decided to call a doctor who specializes in this...he showed me all of the gland that was in there...he did the surgery. corrected what the first doctor did and then...finally..i had that masculine chest.

i bet you do the same....you will feel a little better...and that is good...but waiting 6 months is not gonna make what you have go away....

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
I notice that you don't have puffy nipples which may indicate that you don't have gland. I'm not sure of that but I have a similar case with no puffy nipples, just fat (I think).

Just because one does not have puffy areolas, does not mean that they don't have excessive gland...

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
It's difficult to tell from you pics if it is just swelling or if your doc didn't remove enough. As MA1980 mentioned, you need to wait 3-6 months before passing judgment. If at 6 months, your chest is the same as it is now, you many want to consider a revision...

GB

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center

Now the bad news...it still looks like you have bitch breasts.  Sorry  :(

Ouch!
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline jchc81

just a little update i had an appointment with the dr today and he took out the stitch and he said it was pretty swollen and that it was normal. it's been one week only so i suppose that is true. i told him my concerns and he said if i wan't satisfied with the results then he would take care of it. so that makes me feel better

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Yea as of now it looks like there is still more to be taken out there....yes its early to judge but if it remains like that after a couple of months or few months then I would ask for a revision...
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline ellington7

• Bronze Member
you tell that prick to take the gland out, and lypo the fat surrounding it.  Tell him you've lived with this crap for years and you want to get rid of it now.  Then tell him that if he refuses to do the gland excession that you will beat the livin _ _ _ _ out of him and serve his _ _ _ on a plack along with a lawsuit..

chow..

Offline garmoe

• Posting Member
two of the doc's I talked to told me that if would be a few months to see the best results......also they told me to wear Like a very tight shirt( underarmor) even get one size too small......and start working out the chest at the end of the first week......not sure how much pain you have but if you can start the workouts to tighten the skin.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024