Author Topic: Trying To Decide who to go for (UK)?!  (Read 9181 times)

Offline johno123

• Posting Member
Hi i am currently looking to have gynecomastia surgery and don't know who to go for. Iv heard a lot about Karidis etc but they don't do finance, and i don't have the money saved to pay all up front.

I have spoken to - http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk and am booked in for a consultation on monday 8th October in The South Cheshire Private Hospital with Mr Azhar Iqbal. I don't know whether im going to go yet, as the consultation charge is £130.

Also iv contacted - http://www.surgicare.co.uk and am waiting to hear back from them. The consultation is free.

Has anyone used either of these?

I don't want to travel out of the uk and would like it done preferably by the end of this month (although i could be expecting too much with that)

Any help appreciated

Offline kingboob

I think you will find there will be a few weeks waiting list for most surgeons..... unless you are in a position to take a cancellation or something?

I don't know about Surgicare, but be wary of any company which offers a free consult, because many of these consultations will be with a nurse or cosmetic adviser, not an actual surgeon!  - Hence they are free, generally you don't get something for nothing.

Offline johno123

• Posting Member
Yes mate at the moment i can go anytime, so a cancellation is a possibility.

Yeh iv decided not to even go for a consultation with surgicure. The approximate cost is £2900 at bmi, but this could change once iv had my consultation.

Don't know whether Mr Iqbal (the surgeon) is any good though?!

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
Can you not finance the surgery yourself with a personal loan? You will probably get a better rate that way anyway.  :-\

Karidis is the man in the UK in my opinion. I was very impressed (and still am!) with my results.  ;)
Surgery: 18/03/08
Plastic surgeon: Alex Karidis

Offline adamdaddum

• Posting Member
ive just had sergery with my evick at BMI priory in birmingham was £3955 including consultation

Offline johno123

• Posting Member
Yeh i think im gona go down the loan route as i dont want to pay massive amounts of interest!
Im slightly worried as i haven't heard anything about Mr Iqbal!

Offline jimbob1988

• Bronze Member
were do you live? I can recommened a PS in East Grinstead....

Offline johno123

• Posting Member
I live near to liverpool mate, so that would be about a 4 hr drive. Think im just going to have to wait till the consultation and ask Mr Iqbal how many times he has done this procedure.

Offline Blue2

• Silver Member
I'm from Liverpool too mate. Well worth the train ride to London for surgery with Karidis. Highly recommended.  ;)

Offline kingboob

ive just had sergery with my evick at BMI priory in birmingham was £3955 including consultation

Another £3955 for Mr Levick........ should pay for another golfing holiday! 

I'm having more surgery with him in about 3 weeks now...... trying to slim down a bit before I go because I know the food there is about the only thing to look forward to when you are stuck in hospital!

Offline adamdaddum

• Posting Member

I'm having more surgery with him in about 3 weeks now...... trying to slim down a bit before I go because I know the food there is about the only thing to look forward to when you are stuck in hospital!

Gets broken down into hospital fees, anaethatist and then levicks cut. Still works out at about 2k/hour though so not too bad lol. My results are perfect but for some reason i dont want to sing his praises from the roof top and reccomend him to everyone, but i cant put my finger on why not! You could do alot worse though.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 05:35:35 PM by adamdaddum »

Offline kingboob

Gets broken down into hospital fees, anaethatist and then levicks cut. Still works out at about 2k/hour though so not too bad lol. My results are perfect but for some reason i dont want to sing his praises from the roof top and reccomend him to everyone, but i cant put my finger on why not! You could do alot worse though.

Well, at the end of the day if you are happy then that is all that matters.........

I'm very happy with my result, and more than happy to recommend him to anyone who asks.........    But ultimately it is a personal thing and most people will have more than one consult and go with whoever they feel most comfortable.   For me, as soon as I met the guy I knew I wanted him to do it (since I couldn't get the nhs to help), it was just a case of paying for it all.

I'm getting excited and nervous now...... 3 weeks today before I am sliced open again.....

Offline johno123

• Posting Member
I had a consultation with Mr Iqbal the other day (got an earlier one) and was very disappointed! He advised against surgery as he said my breasts are a good shape and if i did go through with it i would be left with a scar along the bottom of my nipple (as that is the way he does it). To be honest there isnt much fat at all (if any), it is mainly gland. The shape i am happy with, its just the puffy nipples that i hate!

But Mr Iqbal didn't really listen to the fact that it was the nipples i hated and not the shape! He seemed more interested in getting the consultation fee and getting me out the door! I was in the room with him for a bout 20 minutes and that was it.
He kept on saying is it really worth it for such a minor case, im sorry but he might think its minor but the puffy nipples are not minor at all to me!

Offline kingboob

I had a consultation with Mr Iqbal the other day (got an earlier one) and was very disappointed! He advised against surgery as he said my breasts are a good shape and if i did go through with it i would be left with a scar along the bottom of my nipple (as that is the way he does it). To be honest there isnt much fat at all (if any), it is mainly gland. The shape i am happy with, its just the puffy nipples that i hate!

But Mr Iqbal didn't really listen to the fact that it was the nipples i hated and not the shape! He seemed more interested in getting the consultation fee and getting me out the door! I was in the room with him for a bout 20 minutes and that was it.
He kept on saying is it really worth it for such a minor case, im sorry but he might think its minor but the puffy nipples are not minor at all to me!

Maybe he doesn't feel he can improve the situation - Do you really want him  to take 3 or £4000, do a bad job and THEN tell you he can't do / wont do it?

Better off with someone else by the sounds of it mate...............

Offline johno123

• Posting Member

Maybe he doesn't feel he can improve the situation - Do you really want him  to take 3 or £4000, do a bad job and THEN tell you he can't do / wont do it?

Better off with someone else by the sounds of it mate...............

I know yeh cheers mate, im going to have to look for someone else now. Gona have a look now

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024