Author Topic: 7 days post op Karidis  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Henry

• Posting Member
Reading "fed-ups" blog it would seem that we are recovering at completely different rates having had surgery on the same day with Dr K. I'm guessing relative to the amount of lipo. I have a band about 6" (15cm) wide of quite heavy bruising across my chest from under one arm across to under the other. It's mainly yellow (and has been since surgery) but on the left side there are three areas of deep purple bruises (originally red). That I don't mind, but don't believe that this surgery is "just like after a serious upper body workout at the gym", as I have read elsewhere. The after effects HURT !! After 7 days the whole area is still very painfull to the touch and is only just starting to go numb from the healing process. Consequently, I'm still having to sleep on my back, which is very uncomfortable, so sleeping is intermittent. I can't reach up much above my own height and washing the area is not good, even with a soft sponge. I feel like I've been given a good kicking !!
This is gonna be a long recovery process and I'm now glad I paid the £500 extra to jump the queue by 6 weeks, coz I wouldn't wanna be going thru this only 2 weeks before a 20 hour flight down under !
Having said that, the results look good so far (if you can see passed the yellow and purple). The left side is still slightly bigger than the right, but any sign of mammaries has gone. No noticeable swelling as such. If it is swollen, then it's gonna be really flat when the swelling goes down. And hopefully no hint of sagging skin, which is my main worry. Early days yet, but despite the pain, it's an improvement, so worth it in the long run. I'm not expecting perfection, which is as Dr K advised.
H
p.s. took the under-arm plasters off yesterday. Tiny scars!!! No worries there. Will be taking all plasters off for good tomorrow, before my chest hair grows back ! Ouch !!

Offline adamdaddum

• Posting Member
sounds good mate. PICS!

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Hi Henry.. Glad to hear you've had good results, I too have one side that looks slightly larger than the other, but at the moment it's not a major concern - but i hope it subsides as the swelling goes down. I agree with your quote that it isnt just like a heavy upper body training session - it is much worse!.. But i imagined it would be much worse - which is why i might be quite generous with my experiences of pain. I also have similar bruising as you've said.. but you just cant really see it due to my mammoth chest hair  ;D

Anyway.. Carry on posting as the healing process continues.. I bet you cant wait to take the vest off! !
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024