Author Topic: pre pics and 3 weeks post op pics...  (Read 3672 times)

Offline cantwait

• Posting Member
here are a few before and after pics.  3 wks post op...I hear it's supposed to get better with time but I think the results are perfect as is.  I'm just hoping the incision sites won't be noticeable in the future.

http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/pp196/cantwait76/before%20and%20after/

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
wow unlike many surgeries we have seen here, yours  actually IS  really a GOOD job

Offline jimmy663

• Posting Member
Awesom!!!!! who was your ps

Offline cantwait

• Posting Member
Delgado..... Went to him cause I heard he was the best.  Didn't disappoint....Great Experience overall and I don't think I could be happier with the results.  I went in with 'realistic' expectations but they were surpassed by a longshot.

Offline moath1

• Posting Member
killer job.
how much total did this cost?

Offline cantwait

• Posting Member
$8k for everything, suregeon's fees, op room, anesthesiologist, compression vests..etc.  hurt the bank a bit...but I don't really care that much about the money compared to the feeling of not having to pick shirts based on color, thickness, making sure there is some sort of writing across the chest area of the shirt, and wearing a tight undershirt w/ baggy overshirt, you know?  wearing a thin plain white shirt when it's hot feels great.  well it will once I can stop wearing the uncomfortable compression vest. 

Offline moath1

• Posting Member
Understood; agree fully. Look forward to that lack of shirt discrimination myself in the future(if I get results as awesome as those). I was curious, because Dr. Delgado is highly regarded, not too far away (this is the Bay Area Delgado?), and those pics pretty much made my decision.
Those before pics of yours look quite like mine currently, and if I can get results not too far off from those at that price, I can't say price would be an issue. Just wanted to know how much I'd be looking at. I've got just under 8k to work with, so in a couple months when the timing is better, I'll be moving forward. Are you local, or did you have to arrange lodging, etc?
 Thanks for the thread!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 05:36:05 PM by moath1 »

Offline cantwait

• Posting Member
Yes, it was the bay area delgado and I did travel (from WA) so lodging was on top of the price (also i budgeted for gas since i had an SUV.).  All I can say is get it done, every day since the surgery has been better than the last.  not kidding.  I waited about 4 years since I found out you could get surgery for this and it wasn't because of the money.  It was the fear of the unknown.  The only thing that sucks is that winter is just around the corner and by the time I can quit with the compression vest it will be too cold to wear the thin white shirts or go swimming.  I can go hot tubbing though.......especially without almost pinching my nips off before getting out of the water so that nobody can/could see those puffy things. 

Offline moath1

• Posting Member
Awesome. 4 years a is quite a stretch of time to wait, but better than never. I too am from WA, though any travel I do will be by plane. How long were you required to stay in-area, for post-op/followup reasons? Anyhow, sorry to derail, I'll stop asking questions. Appreciate it, and good stuff there!

Offline cantwait

• Posting Member
Ask as many questions as you want. glad to help out.  This website is pretty much the ONLY reason I went through with the OP.  About your question.  I stayed 9 nights total. (surgery on thursday and left on the next friday) I'm not sure what the minimum stay is for Dr. Delgado.  I know it's at least a few days since there are drains that need to be taken out.  Also, the day that I left he took out the normal sutures at the incision site and added some dissolvable ones so that I could get back home.

Offline moath1

• Posting Member
Well, since you don't mind.. I've got a few more, I'll keep them brief..
Assuming you stayed in hotels the duration of the stay; was that pricey?
How many times did you make the trip to see the doc while you were in area?
Did anyone come with you? I noticed on Doc's site that it was necessary to have someone with you for the first 24 hours to watch over you. I'm wondering if anyone hasn't done this; it won't be an option for me. Unless I'm out for a long time, I don't think making it to a hotel alone that night will be too tough. Could be wrong though.

Thanks.

Offline cantwait

• Posting Member
Hotel was $70/night. about five mins. from the office.  I think I saw the doc. a total of 5 times when I was there.  day before surgery, day of surgery. day after, 5 days after to remove drains, and 9 days after.  I had a family member come with me.  I would reccomend having someone come with you if at all possible for a few reasons,
1) You can't leave the surgery center without someone with you.  Although, you can pay for a nurse to take you home and stay for a while until you come out of the groggy state from the anesthesia.
2) It helps to have someone there to help with little things since for the first few days you are pretty inflexible with arm movement due to the drains and the initial healing from the operation.
3) nine days alone in a hotel room can make you go pretty crazy. 
4) driving yourself isn't the best idea for at least a few days.  you may be able to find a hotel within walking distance but I didn't see any.  And I really didn't feel like walking anywhere for a 2-3 days

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
exelent result man ;D congrat

Wolfman
i finally feel like im a man

Offline Copespo

• Gold Member
Wow amazing results brother, defiantly worth every penny. I bet the feeling is amazing, I just cant wait for my surgery....got about 4 months...
Lose 10 (kg) by August... Achieved
Lose 5 (kg) by Mid-September.....Achieved
Gain 20 (lb) in Muscle by December.......Achieved, Gained 24lb in Muscle
Gynecomastia Consultation October 17, 08......Complete

Surgery Completed January 8th, 2009 with Dr. Elliot Jacobs in NYC!

Offline mthatch1

• Silver Member
You look great.  How does it look to you? 

I scheduled my op date for next month with Dr Jacobs and I can't wait! 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024