Author Topic: Pre/Post Op Pics,concerened, little help please?  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Allhopeaside

• Posting Member
I had my surgery on September 23, 2008 in Philadelphia, Pa by a board certified plastic surgeon.  I understand that judgements can't be made this early in my recovery but I'm really worried about the large crease on the left side where the nipple is, it like dents in and comes back out again almost like too much was taken out, or he didn't grab all the fat hanging out below where the gland and stuff was. I realize its not going to be perfect, but seriously isn't the reason we get surgery in the first place is to have a normal chest and not to have it look all messed up? maybe im just overreacting to much to soon, but hey thats why i decided to get some second opinions.

The pictures were taken 1 week post op. In the picture with the arrow, i am leaning over a little as to show what happens when that part moves with my torso and it gets scrunched up. I hope that this is either just swelling and fluid build up or if it is a pocket of fat, hope that it all evens out in time and the huge dent goes away.

and BTW i'm not trying to make a muscle to be cool, just holding my arm up to show in relation how much was there and whats left .
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A MAN WHO HAS GROWN SOUND AND STRONG
A MAN WHO HAS LEARNED FROM HIS MISERY
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
A CLEVER MAN WHO TAUGHT HIS FLESH THE WAY OF STEEL THIS LASTING MAN OF RESOLVE AND WILL
AM I NOT A BETTER MAN?
OR JUST A BITTER MAN
THAT ROTS WITH MEMORIES AND ONLY GROWS COLD

INDEED I HAVE GROWN COLD

Offline losernumber1

• Posting Member
Mate, don't be alarmed. Its lookin appropriae for that period post op. The build up at the base id say is fluid or loose fat or both and in 1 year will be completely dissppated - your body fat is low. Main issue was the gland and that is removed.

regards,
http://www.anticharisma.com/phpBB3/index.php

Offline darknips2

• Bronze Member
well u know this is the risk in having surgery.. sometimes they are  a success, sometimes they are not.  thats the risk u take when u have any type of surgery...     whats funny about alot of these surgeries is that many get them and STILL cannot go outside shirtless  cause they look deformed..  so i guess its good in that u dont have "man boobs'  even though your chest looks deformed now.. hope it was worth it for ya buddy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 10:46:35 PM by darknips2 »

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Don't worry about it.  You were only one week postop when that photo was taken.  And you had to twist your torso to create the problem.  It always amazes me as a plastic surgeon, how many patients will be concerned about something that only shows up when they contort their body a certain way.  A patient of mine just this week noticed a ripple in one of her breast implants, but only when she bends over a full 90 degrees at the waist.  Sheesh! 

Relax and let your body heal.  And talk with your surgeon at your next follow up appointment.  You'll most likely be fine.

Dr. Pope, M.D.
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Atomic6

• Posting Member
who did your surgery? I live in NY and am desperately looking for someone close to home. And if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024