Author Topic: Had my op with A Karadis Saturday 4th Oct *15 days post op pics added*  (Read 9787 times)

hadenuf

I thought I would start my own post after having my op on sat. It all went very well as far as I know. I did not get a visit from the man himself after the op, just is assistant. Not sure why, maybe he had to go or was still doing surgery. I had my op around 11am and was back in my room for 12.30. I felt quite good actually and nodded off a few times. Had some lunch an hour later. The hospital was nice and the room better than my hotel room. The staff were great too.

I was told I had 5g of gland removed from each side so not sure if I had too much gland and mainly had fat or not but 550g of fat was taking in total.

I am home now after a nice weekend away with the wife and I am still not in any pain, just sore and itchy. I have not had a real look yet but will be removing the dressings in an hour or so and having a shower so I will get to see what it looks like. I will try and take some photos and post them with the before pics I took on Friday before I went.

I can't wait to see what's been done even though I know it will change quite often and look worse at times before fully sorted but atleast I know what to expect after reading what others have experienced.

Bye for now :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:34:22 AM by hadenuf »

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Glad to hear it mate... You'll soon get used to the itchy'ness, that was one of the most annoying parts at the beggining!

Looking forward to see your pictures - glad to hear it all went well!
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

hadenuf

I removed the dressings last night. Was not too bad to be honest. Iam really bruised to the left and not as bad right. My right looks very good but my left looks like it had lots more removed and looks concave and has a bit bigger incision under the nipple and also looks to be more loose skin. I am sure at this point it purely down to the dressing being in a different position to the right one and pressing it in more. I am not gonna come to any conclusions at this point though as it is too early to tell but looking down on the right is strange as it is so different, just hope the left goes the same.

I will try and do pics some time in the next few days.

Offline kingboob

I did not get a visit from the man himself after the op, just is assistant.

Real Classy.

My right looks very good but my left looks like it had lots more removed and looks concave and has a bit bigger incision under the nipple and also looks to be more loose skin. I am sure at this point it purely down to the dressing being in a different position to the right one and pressing it in more.

In my experience this is almost certainly NOT down to the dressing being tighter on one side that the other - This is just something the body does (reacts better on one side that the other).   I had a big crater on my left side after my surgery, BUT it has now leveled out over the last 2-3 months, so don't start to panic, because it will probably take a bit of time.................. it is worth the wait :)

Once things heal a bit I am sure you will be happy with the overall results, I have found working out and lifting weights is helping give a muchh better appearance to the pec/chest area as well.

hadenuf

I am amazed I did not get a visit from him also, though at the time did not think about it much as I was groggy. No idea why he did not visit me and his assistant did not explain why he did not or indeed tell me he was not gonna visit me, strange I suppose as he seemed to have visited everyone else.

As for the concave look, it does worry me  but it is good to know it will improove over the months, at least it is the winter coming up so no good weather for many months! Time will tell I suppose and it is just too early yet to tell. Hope to get good results though.

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
I also didnt receive a visit, The assistant said that it was because he was in theatre all day!.. He'll phone you in a few days to see how your going anyway!  ;D

hadenuf

Oh well at least it was not just me! I can't help having a peak even though it don't look too good at the moment.  :o

hadenuf

I agree it would have been nice to have seen him but I was a bit groggy and did not think about anything at the time apart from wanting to go back to my hotel.

The concave look I spoke of has gone down loads after just one night without the big dressings on and it looks loads better today. My skin has gone back fairly well but is quite saggy if I roll my shoulder forward or tense my muscles, though the plasters make it crease worse. I am sure it will take time for the skin to go back fully but my skin must be fairly good still as I just lost 3 stone and 4 inches around my waste and it has gone back without any stretch marks really.

I am quite bruised but it does not hurt too bad at all really. I have only had pain killers once today which is the ones they gave me at the hospital. I have good movement already and to be honest the worse part this evening is the itching! I was expecting to be in much more pain and I actually only woke once last night around 3am and then slept again until 6.30am so seem to be lucky that way. I drove my son to school this morning no problem too.

I got a call from Mr K's assisrant today to see how I was feeling so may not be from the man himself but at least I got something.

So it's just the long wait now for full effect to take place with massage and some upper body training at some time, even if just press ups.

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
You guys are lucky it's now over and done with. I still have to go through that and I'm terrified. Just worried if things go wrong. I suppose most will be nervous in the days before the op.  Judging from the pics it looks like he's done a good job, as usual.

No visist or call from Karidis? When you pay all that money, you really should. In the past it seemed all patients got at least a call from him. Are they cutting back? One guy was saying he got a patient gown with no straps at the back. I'd be pissed if I was treated lesser than other patients who pay the same amount for the same op. Hopefully he or his staff is reading this and will take this into account. If I was in private healthcare I certainly would.

hadenuf

The care and treatment at the hospital was second to none and I was really looked after and the food and service was great. I would have liked a visit from him but as I said, at the time it did not bother me and just wanted to go back to the hotel. After leaving at 5pm me and the wife went straight on the tube to baker street and went for some food at a pub as I was really hungry by then. Strange that I had the strength really but I did.

I may get a call from him yet which I would like but the main thing is it seems he has done a really good job and that is the main thing really as far as I am concerned.

I am in no pain at all and have no need for pain killers. I am driving and seem fine. No more weeping as my dressings seem clean and the swelling is going down already. Iam just very itchy and a little tender but I can touch it and rub it gently already. I am amazed how much you can do so quickly. I am sleeping ok too considering I am propped up and on my back. I woke once last night only.

I just need to eventually get back to the tradmill and get a bit more trim as my stomach sticks out further than my chest for the first time in more than 20 years and is very strange to look at when i have been used to seeing my chest. ;D

Offline Albion71

• Bronze Member
Great results so far. I had a call from Karidis a day or two days after. I agree though, that it is a bit off not to get a post op visit from a surgeon you have just paid four grand to.

Be interested to know how that concavity settles down for you on the left side, though it's not very noticeable in the pics.

I've still got concavity there four months post op, though I know people have reported quite big changes after 5-6 months, so here's hoping.

hadenuf

I seem to have lost the concavity now mostly, think it was down to the dressings on that side. I have swollen slightly more on left bottom now and probs some fluid too but in generl it looks very good. I cant tell what my nipples look like or how much the skin has shrunk back as the large plasters will be on till the weekend. I feel great it's been done though and look forward to it improoving in the next 6 months with down days on the way I am sure. Hopefully the way it feels now I should be able to start massaging by Sunday as I can already tough it quite comfortably.

As for not getting a visit from him, I am not too hung up about it regardless of the costs involved, he must have had a good reason really, maybe an op run on longer than he thought etc. Good results are my main concern over anything else which I would think most people will agree with.

For the time being I am very pleased with the results.

Offline kingboob

As for not getting a visit from him, I am not too hung up about it regardless of the costs involved, he must have had a good reason really, maybe an op run on longer than he thought etc. Good results are my main concern over anything else which I would think most people will agree with.

Glad you are happy........Personally I just can't get over the fact you haven't seen him post op, its just not what I would expect...

hadenuf

I know exactly what you mean but I really did not care for anything but leaving hospital at the time.

I did get a call from his office today to see how I was and also a call form Mr K this evening to see how I was feeling etc. He explained that he was in theatre until 6.30pm and did not think it fair to make me wait until he had seen me before letting me go. Anyhow the time has passed now so no point dwelling on it.

I am not as tender today and things look pretty good in general. My left side still looks slightly bigger compared to the right and just feels like it has more swelling, it deffo has lots more bruising that side. Just hope it settles down to match the right. I know its too soon to think it won't and it will change lots yet before it heals fully.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024