Author Topic: Surgery with Karidis - how long from first contact till surgery?  (Read 2260 times)

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member
Hey all, so by reading on here it seems like the number 1 gyno surgeon in the UK is Karidis, so I've decided to go with him....I should have all the money together around xmas time, now my question is how long does it take from the first phone call to him (or his office) to the actual surgery?

I know for most places its around a month but I get the feeling there may be a long waiting list for Karidis, am I right?

Also, how long is it before you can go back to work? I heard its a month usually but my job is very physical work so should I take longer than a month off work?

Thanks

hadenuf

I had around a 7 to 8 week wait from consultation to surgery. I had a day case so you may get in sooner for an over night job.

As for work, I am 15 days post op and can do just about most things already. My reach is a little less but I can lift quite normally. I took a washing machine to the recycling center yesterday by lifting it into my car and out the other end and collected a new one from  a shop and got it in the house alone so that gives an idea of what you can do after a few weeks.

Hope that helps.

Offline d-s-m

• Posting Member

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
For Karidis from consultation to the Op it's about 2 months. For people with less physically demanding jobs (office jobs) they should take a week off, but according to a few people who'ce been with him you only really need to take 3 days off. But since you have a physically demanding job then you should take at least a few weeks off or a month. During my consulatation he asked what sort of work I do, I told him and he said a week off should be enough.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024