Author Topic: Do i suffer from Gynecomastia? (PICTURES INSIDE)  (Read 4345 times)

Offline Heatmaker

• Posting Member
Hi, I started my weight loss in February 2008, i have lost 5 stone (70 lbs) in 9 months.

I now weigh 10 stone 12 pounds (152 lbs), which is the ideal BMI for my height (5"9)

My man boobs have gotten smaller since i started loosing weight, you can see the scar marks on my body were they used to drop down, that's how big they used to be!

but they are still here, and still very annoying as i don't have the confidence to wear t-shirts out in public (i usually wear a jumper or jacket to cover up, which i shouldn't have to, as I've lost so much weight!  >:()

Do i suffer from Gynecomastia? or will they eventually disappear if i continue to work out? (jog, bench press, bench flys and eating healthy)

Picture - http://i34.tinypic.com/2qn795t.jpg

Offline Heatmaker

• Posting Member

Offline RyanMace

• Gold Member
Looks like something. Do you feel any hard tissue behind your nipples?

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
qute dark nips but i think its just cos of your skin tone. A bit of gym work will tighten your chest up, no I wouldnt say you had overdeveloped breasts

Another person who doesn't understand gyne, there is clearly breast tissue on this guy and it won't go away no matter workout he does.

Yes you have gyne, probably about a 6/10 - the only way to get rid of that is surgery.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
Exactly, you have a severe case (if thats even you). Now just because yours is bad doesnt mean whoever has a mild to moderate case of gyne, DOESNT have gyne.

Gyne is all about excess breast tissue/fat, not whether or not you think its that bad. You tell multiple people to just 'hit the gym' giving them false hope.

Offline elcrep

• Silver Member
  • 16 years old in london
what does 6/10 actually mean?

does that mean that if they got 40% bigger, he would have the biggest gynecomastia ever recorded or something?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The answer to the original question would depend upon how a person defines Gynecomastia, and how the condition was affecting them.

Over time the term has evolved from meaning breasts that were contoured like those of a woman to the present situation where it includes any enlargement of the breast that causes embarassment.

In the latter case, it might be said the the condition is self diagnosed.

If your condition causes concern and you are suffering, you have grounds for surgery. That you are here is reason enough to suspect that this is the case.

Some men have greater enlargement of the breast than you and it seems to not bother them at all. So What?

How you deal with it is a person decision, There is not a right or wrong answer, but there is only one answer that fits you.

By the way, all the diet and exercise in the world will not shrink your nipples nor will any magic pills do the job.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024