Author Topic: Everythings moving so fast now! Surgery Dec 3rd with Benito.  (Read 11421 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I've just got off the phone with Aida after my consultation with Dr Benito on Friday. The next available date is December 3rd. A lot sooner than I was expecting! But that's good I guess!! Now I'm just trying to work out how I can do this without telling anyone.

I've looked into flights, London Gatwick - Barcelona 7:05 leaving, 10:10 arrival in Barcelona on day of surgery. £30.30

Not really sure what I need to do for the return flight though, Aida told me I'd be discharged from hospital on the Friday 5th, does anyone know from experience what time you get discharged roughly? As I'm not sure which flight time I'd need to book.

IS there anything else I  need to do? I guess just book flights and go, take a small hand luggage bag on the plane as I don't really need much stuff with me? Am I okay to take a laptop?  ???

I've got to confirm my loan today and confirm I can get the time off work, then I'll be booking up tomorow!

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Hi

Dr Benito takes the stitches out the day after surgery and removes the drains then so the next day (when you leave) all you have to do is tell Aida what time your flight is and she will arrange your taxi you can leave at anytime you won't necessarily see Dr Benito that day

Hope this helps
Surgery DEC 07 Dr Benito
Revision March 09 Dr Benito
Injection for scar tissue March 2011 Dr Levick

Pictures - http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=12440.0

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I was told I'd have to go back to London to have the stitches taken out on the 15th December?

Well, I just got a loan for £3000 and flights are ready to be booked. Guess there is no going back now. Tomorow I will book the time off work and call Aida back.

All I need now is to tell my mum about all this, that's possibly the hardest part as I don't even know where to start. I won't be telling anyone else, I think I can wing it with work, but I can't see how I can possibly keep it from my mum.

Offline kingboob

I was told I'd have to go back to London to have the stitches taken out on the 15th December?

Well, I just got a loan for £3000 and flights are ready to be booked. Guess there is no going back now. Tomorow I will book the time off work and call Aida back.

All I need now is to tell my mum about all this, that's possibly the hardest part as I don't even know where to start. I won't be telling anyone else, I think I can wing it with work, but I can't see how I can possibly keep it from my mum.

I don't know your mum, but if she is anything like my mother..... or most mums, once she understands the full extent of the problem and the effect it is having on you she will be fully supportive............ it is important to tell someone, so that you have someone looking out for you the first couple of days after surgery...... just as a precaution really.

How much time are you taking off work........ I mean it should be pretty easy to blag it with your co-workers......  just might be a bit sore and uncomfortable for a few days.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
The annoying thing is, I know if I told my mum she'd be understanding and supportive, although she'll be a bit negative on the whole surgery front, but wouldn't stand in my way. Doesn't make it any easier to tell her though. I probably will, I just need to find the right time I guess.

As for work, I think that will be easy, I'm going to book the 3 days in spain off, then its a weekend and i'll book the monday off as well.... I'll then ring up on the monday and say I've broken my ribs again and need a week off, after that I should be fit enough to go back to work. I did work with 2 broken ribs and torn ligaments in my shoulder before so I don't think the surgery can be that much more painful? I do have a physical job though but I'm sure I can blag it.

No idea what I'll tell the girlfriend! Might just go AWOL for 3 days haha.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Loan agreed, work booked off, surgery booked December 3rd.

Can't believe I'm actually doing this, acheived so much so far this year and having the surgery done as well is just the icing on the cake.

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
My mistake yes I did have two small stitches (one in each side) which my wife removed about a week later.

As for telling your girlfriend keep in mind you may have quite extensive bruising that can take weeks to resolve.

As it is both sides falling through the loft hatch and breaking ribs worked well for me for everyone I didn't want to know and it gave me an excuse to wear the compression vest.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I'm going for broken ribs as well, thankfully its not unusual for me to turn up at work on a monday rather hurt and bashed up so I can get away with that quite easily. It's just immediate family who will notice me not being home for 3 days that it's a bit harder to deal with. I'm sure I'll think of something, just glad to be gettng this done really!

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
I just realised something whilst struggling to sleep! I don't have a passport and I fly out in just over 2 weeks time!

I must have a child passport as I've been to USA a few times, don't think it's an adult one and you can't fast-track your first adult passport so only option is the 2 week post office check and send costing £72. What's the chances of that getting back to me in the 2 weeks though :( It says to allow up to 6 weeks if it's your first adult passport.

Any ideas what I can do??

edit - update

Just rang the 24 hour passport line. F**K sake man this is starting to annoy me, I have to go back into London for an interview, pay £100 for the priviledge and somehow get photos signed by a "professional" thats known me for 2 years. another £50 in public transport too!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 08:59:23 PM by Jackd »

Offline PaulSW

• Silver Member
Just a thought as it's Spain can't you go on your drivers license?

hadenuf

Just a thought as it's Spain can't you go on your drivers license?

Still need a passport 8)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
What a nightmare last night was, didn't get to sleep until about 5 am. Looks like I've no choice but to tell my mum everything tonight as I need to get the photos countersigned by tonight, and I don't know anyone who can do it. Can't believe I overlooked something so obvious such as the passport.

Offline newlife

• Posting Member
Mate

Best thing to do is to tell your Mom, get the passport sorted (even though it is a pain) and get the op done.

You will not regret it at all. If you tell your Mom then this will relieve all of the stress associated with the secrecy and will also mean you have support for when you come back.

Its a delicate matter as we all know, but its better off your chest  :D

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
My mum should be home in about an hours time so I'm gonna go see her and tell her everything. I still have no clue where to start as I need to tell her more than just the gynecomastia (i.e whats caused it etc) I'll post back later with how it goes, think I might have a drink first! lol

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Well, I've told her... she took it all rather well, I kind of guessed anyways, but she said she'd noticed my chest and that  I never wear t-shirts etc. etc but never said anything. She's very understanding of it all, but is very very against surgery in Spain! it's not the surgery, its just going to Spain for it... she wants me to get my grandma to go with me at the very least! I'm happy to go on my own though I think. I do feel a fair bit better for telling someone at long last.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024