Author Topic: Question about scars  (Read 3458 times)

hadenuf

Quick question to those who had surgery with Karadis. The nipple incisions on my nipples are very deep and indented so they cause creasing in the nipples. The right is better than the left though as it seems more was taken from the left and the overall contour on the left is flatter and less natural looking.

I am just over 4 weeks post op and was wondering at what point other peoples scars became more level with the rest and not sunk? My nipples are still quite sore but I am massaging twice a day.

Offline kingboob

Quick question to those who had surgery with Karadis. The nipple incisions on my nipples are very deep and indented so they cause creasing in the nipples. The right is better than the left though as it seems more was taken from the left and the overall contour on the left is flatter and less natural looking.

I am just over 4 weeks post op and was wondering at what point other peoples scars became more level with the rest and not sunk? My nipples are still quite sore but I am massaging twice a day.

Well, I imagine it varies from person to person, but in my experience some of my scars are only just starting to settle down 10 months after surgery.  I have read that it can take 18 months for a scar to mature and start to fade.........  As for indentation, well I think again it is a case of patience really, my chest looked pretty concave, but every couple of weeks I notice small improvements........ if you look at 'Dubs' post further down the forum, you will see that it took 20months for him to lose the concave / indented effect of having the surgery.

I don't know much about massage..... My surgeon, has only mentioned it once to me, and that was a lot longer than 4 weeks post op! To be honest I have had a go but I don't remember to do it regularly..........  I am slightly sceptical as to how massaging the area as early as 4 weeks can help, surely the area is still inflamed, sore and healing..... from what I was told massage is better once you are quite a while post op, and is good for helping the body break down and hard lumps of scar tissue, massaging the area at 4 weeks sounds bloody painful to me!

Anyway, I didn't have my surgery with Karadis, so it vary slightly, but all in all I would say it is very early days yet and you should not be worrying at all.......  things can look pretty crap straight out of hospital and then really start to improve a couple of months down the line

hadenuf

Thanks for the reply.

Karadis said massage from about 10 days if I remember correctly. I am in no pain at all really. Sore around the nipples slightly and just tight everywhere else though that eases after massage. The scar is pulling the nipple area in and that is all I was wondering about, I assume it lifts eventually to be level unless it is stuck down with the scar tissue from wearing the compression vest.

It does change every day though, sometimes good sometimes not so. I have my follow up with him on the 3rd of december so still time to improove even more before then.

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
the creasing will smooth out over time matey
remember to allow a good amount of time to be fully healed
can take years to be satisfactory 100%
but take your time and enjoy your new chest when all smooths out :)
and believe me it will :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

hadenuf

Thanks mate. I already feel so much better as I can wear shirts that fit properly. I know the healing process takes time but it is hard not to think negative things at time!

Offline chris

• Posting Member
hadenuf - has your nipple detached from the muscle? I have the same issue, and I was wondering how long it takes.

hadenuf

Hi Chris.

My right nipple is looking much better but my left is more creased especially along the scar. It also looks like too much has been taken from the left nipple.

I do still massage that side form time to time and it is getting better but not as good as my right. But from looking at me pre op pics I was very different on both sides anyhow so maybe just the way I am and may heal differently.

If I tense my muscles the creasing is worse and the nipple sort of sinks so maybe still attached to the muscle with the scvar tissue.

It is still not quite 6 months yet so still time to get loads better. I ahve also put half a stone back on since surgery and as I hate doing any weight type training I have not done anything. I intend getting back into cycling once the nice weather returns though.

One thing I will say is this surgery is not some fix all solution for all. With me it has not fixed the problem in my head and still feel I have a real bad body image issue and need to get my head sorted. I think it will take time.

I was hoping for a perfect result from surgery but think I may be one of those who needs revision as I think too much has been taken from the left and I have a narrow band of fat still left under the left nipple which I and karadis thought was swelling but I doubt it is now as it has had time to go.

I still am unsure if I will ahve any more done though as money is tight and I can't find work at the moment. I shall see in 12 months time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024