Author Topic: Waiting  (Read 2066 times)

Offline thorne

• Posting Member
Hey guys, I went to see my local GP back in late November about my gyno and I had a blood test etc and she referred me to "general medicine" consultant. I had the letter stating that Im on the waiting list back in early december and havnt heard anything since. How long do you think I'll have to wait to see the consultant and why do you think Im only going to general medicine consultant? I want to go and give it all to him, saying why I want the surgery but I dont think Im being sent to the right guy! what do you think?

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I think the term General Medicine covers a lot, you'll know your seeing the right person that deals with breasts when you turn up for your appointment and the waiting room is full of women. Sorry if that puts you off, that was the case when I went, in most cases you are probably wasting your time with the NHS. They gave me a mamogram then wrote to me and told me my breasts were fine.  >:(
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Sorry I missed your original point re waiting, if you search for nhs waiting time, or by hospital or care trust that may give you some idea on waiting times. Or just phone the hospital and tell them you have been referred to GM and what is the likely waiting time.

Offline thorne

• Posting Member
NHS is my only option tbh, Im a student and noway can I afford £3000plus for an operation, Im not going to wait untill I finnish uni and get a proper job, I need the op soon, I cant cope anymore!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024