Author Topic: Booked the Surgery!!!  (Read 2492 times)

Offline jameswr

• Posting Member
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the forum! I booked my surgery today! I've had gyno for the last 10 years and it was a couple of weeks ago that I finally let my parents know how much it has been effecting me. They knew about it but it was a taboo subject, they knew I wouldn't talk to them about it and so they didn't want to upset me by talking to me about it. I had a Consultation on Wednesday and I saw a Surgeon who confirmed that it was Gynecomastia and he started talking me through the op! It's costing £4400 which is the removal of tissue and lipo. My dad has given my some money for a deposit, I've put some down and the rest my mum is taking a finance for me (which I'll be paying her, I'm a student so can't get it on my own!) I can't wait, it's going to be April 13th! 6 Weeks Away!

I'll try and upload some pictures over the next few weeks!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Making that first call / visit is the hardest part, you'll nit look back now, congrats.

Who's your surgeon?
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline jameswr

• Posting Member
Mr Mounir. He's very experienced and I got a good feeling about him when I met him, made me feel very comfortable. Has any of the UK members heard anything about him? I did a lot of research after meeting him, checking out his website and such!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
I've been reading this message board forover 2 years, and it's not name I can recall seeing, from all I have read, it does seem to be an op that has to be done on a regular basis. You will need to establish how many Gynecomastia cases he/she has done.

You have come to the right place to ask the questions, maybe others on here can help.

I know Dr. Karidis has done well over 600 over the last few years, probably 15 to 20 this year that I read about on here.

Good luck

Offline george92

• Posting Member
Thats great! Hope everything goes well, and good luck with your new life after the op. ;D

Offline enuff

• Bronze Member
Nice one james - good to hear you've got such understanding parents  ;)

I haven't heard of your surgeon on these boards either - that isn't to say he isn't good at his job though. Is he part of the transform group?

Did he explain how he's doing the op? Via the armpit and/or incision via the nipple? He's also more expensive than Karidis and Levick who are generally the most talked about on this site (UK).

Best of luck

Dr K got rid of my gyne Jan 2009. Thank f@ck for that!
Words & pics: http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16639.0

Offline jameswr

• Posting Member
I did see a couple of pictures of what he's done before and the results looked great. He is a part of the Transform Group! I know a few people who've had different ops with Transform, all of them satisfied customers! He is going through the bottom half of the nipple and the armpit for the liposuction!

! I feel content with Dr Mounir, I've got my tests tomorrow afternoon! Thanks Everyone!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Hope it all goes well, keep us posted on your progress.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024