Author Topic: Surgeons in the North West of England  (Read 2849 times)

Offline Johnny5

• Posting Member
I am looking into booking a consultation but unsure where to go. I haven't been to my GP regarding this so is this the best option first? Or shall I go straight to a private surgery? If so can anyone recommend anywhere in the North West or the North in general it would be greatly appreciated. Obviously I am willing to travel nationwide if there is nowhere suitable in the North.

Thanks

Johnny5

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Hey personally I wouldnt bother with the NHS when it comes to gyne as like everyone says it is like a lottery. Depends on wether your local NHS can get funding and if the surgeon is a nice person.

If you have the money than you have the luxury of going private.

Im not sure of any surgeons in the North but the most talked about and experienced surgeons on this board is Levick and Karidas (<Dont think I spelt that right?!). Levick is located in Birmingham and Karidas is located in London.

Do some research on both of these and then you can weigh your options.

Good luck
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline Johnny5

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response Hope!

Offline cotton

• Posting Member
Hi Johnny,

Did you find anyone in NW?

Offline Johnny5

• Posting Member
No nothing Cotten. Think I'll get a consultation booked with kharadis in London

Offline coyote94

I went with Transform in Manchester in the end and had the operation with Mr Mahdi a week ago. So far so good!!

Offline Johnny5

• Posting Member
Hi coyote94

Any chance of seeing some before and after pics. I have just booked a consultation with Dr. Karidis, yesterday infact, for begin of Jan so I'll see how that goes first. Also, if you don't mind saying, how much was surgery with Transform?

Offline gynomanc

Hi Johnny 5

I had my surgery thru the NHS and Dr Christopher Duff did my operation at Wythenshawe hospital Mcr. The hospital has a plastc surgery department and they know what they are doing.  I'm 5 weeks post op and 110% happy with the results. My whole NHS experience from my GP to Endicronologist (sorry if spelt wrong) to Dr Duff was faultless and took around 7-8 months. Pre op I was given 2 compression vest which were made from my measurements. I have small scars around the bottom of my nippes which are fading already. I had 140g taken out of the left and 150g taken out of the right. I know I must be one of the lucky ones but i'm so happy with the results. Hope this is of some help to you.

Offline Johnny5

• Posting Member
Thank you for your response gynomanc.

I had my consultation with Dr. Karidis a couple of days ago now and even though it's seems people have a had a good experience through the NHS I will most probably book my surgery with Dr. Karidis.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024