Author Topic: Your opinion on these pics (pre-op) ...  (Read 2643 times)

Offline autocrine

• Posting Member
Howdy,

I'm very glad to have found this site ... it is already answering many questions I have had and is helping me towards a solution to my gynecomastia problem.

I have had 'man boobs' since puberty and no amount of exercise seems to change the shape you see in the photos below. Around 2003 I got seriously stuck into running and eating properly and my weight went down to 65 kg (143 lbs) and looked like a stick with breasts. After lots of weights and gym my weight has been stable around 75 kg (165 lbs) and my body fat has been around 13-15% (by DEXA) for the last few years. I still exercise regularly and I eat pretty well.

By palpation, the tissue directly beneath my nipples feels very soft; the bulk of what you see in the photos comes from a large, hard and knotted/fibrous mass encircling the areola. It actually feels, and is about the same size as, kinda like a slice of tinned pineapple (but very tough) under the skin, with the nipple and areola centred above the hole! Has anyone else experienced gyn like this?? I can definitely manipulate a distinct mass between the skin and my pecs (especially evident when I flex them). Is this really gyn or is it just fat? Please look at the photos below and let me know your opinions before I begin to consult professionals ... if I am just deluding myself then I would rather do it here, for free!

I don't think I am deluding myself though ... friends (and family) have teased me about the size and shape of my chest since I was a teenager. I have even had people I don't even know pass me on the street and make snide comments when I have mistakenly worn a shirt which was perhaps too tight. I only wear loose shirts now and rarely take my top off in public.

I have tried exercise and had great success losing fat from all over my body, but nothing seems to shift the moobs ... I am seriously considering surgery, but I would value any contribution from readers of this site!

Cheers,
  Dave

Offline syncmaster305t

by no means am I an expert, I'm new to the site. But it seems like yours is alot like mine, maybe a lil more noticeable because you are leaner than I am.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:34:51 AM by syncmaster305t »

Offline Merangue

• Silver Member
You probably do have gyne. The best way to find out for sure is to go to a GP (i.e. family doctor) and have him check it out. He'll do a physical, blood test and probably refer you to a surgeon for your next step.

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
hi
your chest looks a little bit like mine did before surgery, u can look at wolfmans pic in my diary section and see my result after surgery

Good luck Wolfman ;)
i finally feel like im a man

Offline autocrine

• Posting Member
Thanks syncmaster305t, Merangue, and wolfman!

Having looked at other photos on this site I think I have a pretty good case to assume that I'm a candidate for surgery ... but it's always helpful to get other opinions!

I'll be sure to post updates to the User Diary section once things get underway.

Cheers,
  Dave

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
hi good luck and dont forget to tell us how everything goes

bye wolfman

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024