Author Topic: Anyone had surgery with or been to see benito recently?  (Read 7042 times)

belfastmale

Just wondering if any u.k guys have been to see dr benito recently or traveled to barcelona for surgery. I had surgery with Dr Benito 8 months ago, not happy with results not enough lipo done so looks like im goin to need a second op. Aida his personal assistant told me he does not travel to uk anymore due to the poor exchange rate. I had hoped to see him in person to explain my worrys, i was told to send pictures but pictures dont really show up the problem. Has anyone had any contact with Dr Benito recently?

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
I saw him on the 27th March for a 3 month check-up, although he did mention it would probably be his last trip here until the exchange rate changes.  UK work has dried up, however it's still bouyant in Europe.

Offline kingboob

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy - 8 months is a pretty decent amount of time post op, but maybe you will get lucky and find out you have some swelling or scarring which hasn't quite gone down yet, I know some guys have seen improvements after as long as 1 year post op.... so fingers crossed.  :)

I Hate to say it, but this is the problem with cut price surgery...... you get a cut price service and when the money dries up you get told to foxtrot oscar.

The exchange  rate is so poor now it is practically 1 for 1 with the euro, so I doubt anyone will be as tempted to go over for surgery, because the savings will be minimal by the time you factor in travel expenses. 

Plus you are screwed if you need a revision and have to pay twice.

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Is this true? he's not coming back to the UK? that sucks cos I'm coming up for my 6 month check up :(

Ah well I guess I'll just have to consider a uk surgeon for any revision work.

It's not that I'm completely unhappy with benitos work, I am 70% happier now than before but I feel I may need some more lipo done if I can't lose the fat via training.

belfastmale

im in same position as you mate. im about 70% happy with my results, chest def has a better shape and contour but just just not as flat as i had hoped. not enough lipo done during first surgery. i dont mind goin back to barcelona for a revision but had hoped to see benito in person first. also does benito do any revision work for free? well apart from hospital costs etc.

Offline another_case

• Bronze Member
I'm 13 months post surgery with Benito and my chest has definitely improved over the last 4 months so I would suggest giving it a bit more time (my before and after photos are on an earlier post if interested). Obviously it does vary depending on each individual case and the more severe the condition the longer the healing will take. As a guideline most surgeons say 1 year but I've heard it can take as long as 2.

I train very hard so if you haven't done so already I would suggest training hard and getting your body fat down. It makes your argument stronger if you've got a visible six-pack and your chest still looks fat!

I think Dr. Benito is pretty good at offering free revisions but not before 1 year and not if you're carrying extra body fat on the rest of your body. He has offered me minor revision as I have a stubborn small bit of scar tissue under my left areola that probably won't go but I may not even have it done. So leave it a bit longer and train hard would be my advice and see where you are again in 4 months.

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
Just got an email of Benito today and the price is now 4000 euros...

Offline kingboob

Just got an email of Benito today and the price is now 4000 euros...

That is about £3600 quid.......    Mr Levick only charges about 200 quid more than that..... Karidis about £4200?

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

I Hate to say it, but this is the problem with cut price surgery...... you get a cut price service and when the money dries up you get told to foxtrot oscar.

Plus you are screwed if you need a revision and have to pay twice.

It's hardly cut price surgery or service, it just made it easier for some with the help of the exchange rate.  It's the global disaster caused by Brown & Bush that's the problem.

The Spanish health system is well in front of the UK on many fronts.  Also why are you screwed if you require a revision, it's no different to the UK, instead of travelling around the UK you just pop across the water, why are you so narrow minded to travelling to find a service - that's what global markets are about!

Offline kingboob

It's hardly cut price surgery or service, it just made it easier for some with the help of the exchange rate.  It's the global disaster caused by Brown & Bush that's the problem.

The Spanish health system is well in front of the UK on many fronts.  Also why are you screwed if you require a revision, it's no different to the UK, instead of travelling around the UK you just pop across the water, why are you so narrow minded to travelling to find a service - that's what global markets are about!

I'm not narrow minded I am realistic.  You can not get the same care by flying over there, having the op and then coming straight home...... You have no follow up at all until Benito can be arsed to fly back to the UK and it would be the NHS picking up the tab if you did have a complication -  I mean it is hardly convenient to pop back to spain/poland/wherever to get a prescription for medication if you get an infection or something is it?

The original poster isn't even able to discuss his concerns with his surgeon now, being asked to send in a photo is hardly the same as a face to face examination and follow up consultation that would normally be provided in this country is it? 

Plus this guy charges extra (hospital fees or whatever) for revisions, so essentially you are paying twice for the same job (plus flight costs etc) if you need a revision, which cancels out any savings made in the first place.

Of course it is 'cut price'....... if it were full price nobody would be going abroad to get it done and the service reflects this in my opinion.

I fully understand why people have done it abroad, and I wish them the best of luck....... but to talk about going abroad for an operation as if it were the same as ordering a T-shirt or DVD is bonkers.

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member
Of course it is 'cut price'....... if it were full price nobody would be going abroad to get it done and the service reflects this in my opinion.

I fully understand why people have done it abroad, and I wish them the best of luck....... but to talk about going abroad for an operation as if it were the same as ordering a T-shirt or DVD is bonkers.

Maybe you want to do a bit more research, the NHS sends/pays for thousands of patients to have surgery abroad every year.

I had consults with UK surgeons, however i 'decided' i would go to Spain as I’ve strenuously mentioned before 'Cost' should not be the deciding factor.  You don't fly straight home and IMO the level of care is well beyond the NHS & most private (i've had them all for back surgery, broken bones etc)

They've never had an infection as far as i'm aware, your IV treated for 2 days.  Also unlike the UK they actually clean the hospitals & keep their staff infection free with preventative measures, whereas the NHS helped to cause all the issues seen in UK hospitals over winter because there's no process to make sure for instance all staff have had the Flu jab, or are C Diff/MRSA clean.

Comparing it to a buying a t-shirt is ridiculous and just compounds some of your other comments on previous threads.  Just checking do people still percieve you to be Dr Levick because AFAIA there's no photos of your 'condition' on this site?

GynO_DuDe

Wow mate, im just thinking ... imagine seeing the tw4ts that took the mick out of you in high school/college now! ... they probably wont even recognise you!! good on you!

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

If the NHS is sending patients abroad for surgery that is fine by me, but don't confuse that with having private surgery aboard...........but lets be honest the only reason people are having cosmetic surgery abroad is COST, and you get what you pay for in my opinion.

so if I am a little blunt sometimes it is probably because I see many people on here having purely cosmetic surgery and treating their bodies with no respect whatsoever! Taking needless extra risks by flying to Poland  (or wherever) and not considering the consequences should anything go wrong.

PS: This is not meant to be a personal attack on you at all, I am honestly pleased that you had your surgery done with Benito and are happy with the results.

As we've discussed on previous threads, it's about making your own informed choices on which surgeon to use, some may be cost based, some not.  Mine was never about the cost (and it' not one i would advocate), it was about who i thought had the most skill/examples of this type of body sculpture - and we've already had this discussion as well.  However some members of the board aren't as fortunate, or prepared to save for another X amount of time.

This is an industry that has built it's structure around these and other types of cosmetic procedures and having them abroad, and sure like some things in life it doesn't always go as one plans, people react differently, we all heal at different rates, but it is individual choice and nobody goes under the knife without a bit of risk management, what if i did this, ate that, exercised etc, etc.

Now with the treating their bodies with no respect, whilst i agree you have a severe case, and have the post weight loss of excess skin and the complications it obviously holds, to each individual who is looking for surgery, they to a certain extent feel they look like you did.  Everyone on this board wants to be considered 'normal', it's just were you start on the scale.  If i was shorter i would keep getting your a big unit, at late thirties you would have thought i would have heard it before..

I'm fine, i don't see it as a personal attack, and you mention it's your opinion, however you need to remember that just because others aren't as severe the physiological issues can be the same for the individual involved.  We only have a short amount of time on the planet, so if someone wants to change anything about them self, i'm all for it, why go through life regretting and thinking 'What If'?

Offline kingboob

Bigdom, I still think you are missing the point...... or changing the goal posts of your argument to avoid it anyway.

The fact is if you have surgery in another country the back up or follow up service is just not available when you get home. If something goes wrong you are going to end up being treated by the NHS (which ironically is what most people here seem to want to avoid) or having to pay to get it fixed in this country.

You simply can not ignore that.

I also notice that you don't bother to remove your accusation of me being Mr Levick or apologise for implying that my ''condition'' was not real.

However you need to remember that just because others aren't as severe the physiological issues can be the same for the individual involved.  We only have a short amount of time on the planet, so if someone wants to change anything about them self, i'm all for it, why go through life regretting and thinking 'What If'?

I never said that the psychological issues were any different.  What I said was this is purely cosmetic surgery and taking needless extra risks was foolish.  -  Just because someone has a small case doesn't mean they should take surgery any less seriously.

Life is going to be even shorter if you go aboard, get butchered up and bleed to death on the flight home.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:09:26 AM by kingboob »

Offline Bigdom

• Silver Member

Bigdom, I still think you are missing the point...... or changing the goal posts of your argument to avoid it anyway.

The fact is if you have surgery in another country the back up or follow up service is just not available when you get home. If something goes wrong you are going to end up being treated by the NHS (which ironically is what most people here seem to want to avoid) or having to pay to get it fixed in this country.

You simply can not ignore that.

I also notice that you don't bother to remove your accusation of me being Mr Levick or apologise for implying that my ''condition'' was not real.

I don't think I’m missing either, however you are just scare-mongering. 

Just because you have elective surgery abroad, it doesn't mean you going to die, get butchered or get an infection.

If I take my experience in Spain, Surgery on Wednesday (post surgery visit to Wife & I by Dr Benito), overnight stay with nurses coming in and out all night administering drugs & antibiotics via an IV. 

Thursday Morning & evening visit and check-over by Dr Benito, Nurses again drugs etc, Room & myself cleaned by nurses, overnight as above. 

Friday morning another Check-over - bleeding & infection would have Manifestered in this time, all good, dressings off, vest on, discharged. 

I stayed in Barcelona for the next few days as it also has the benefit of being my favorite European city.  If I have any issues or questions I have both Dr Benito's & Aida's email/mobile.  Their response time is amazing.  Spain is hardly a third world country, their health system is better than the NHS, and the university hospital is brand spanking new.

I don't really see what the difference is between flying from Scotland to London, or flying from London to Spain if you do need to have something done.

And moreover, if I did, and I was admitted to the NHS for say bleeding, so what?  I pay enough bloody taxes and as each year moves on get less and less back, so personally I wouldn't have any issue.

I didn't accuse you of being Levick or your condition not being real, I merely stated a comment from another thread on whether you were/are?  Your quite vocal and someone had previously challenged whether you were, and your response was quite evasive.  Also the fact you had never posted any pictures didn't clear it up.  The main point of these boards is to offer support, advice and experiences. 

Just because someone goes abroad to have surgery it doesn't condemn them to a death sentence, that's just a ridiculous point of view!

I never said that the psychological issues were any different.  What I said was this is purely cosmetic surgery and taking needless extra risks was foolish.  -  Just because someone has a small case doesn't mean they should take surgery any less seriously.

Life is going to be even shorter if you go aboard, get butchered up and bleed to death on the flight home.

Surely this is all cosmetic surgery, even your extreme case?  Some is induced by eating too much, some by taking steroids, some by hormones.  At the end of the day everyone here is doing it for 'their' reasons, just because they have it abroad isn't a needless risk.  Like all things if they research and make and informed choice, then what more can you do? 

July 2008, NHS statistics were provided regarding the death rates across four 'elective' surgery’s

"Statistics released for the first time, show that many NHS Trusts are failing to hit predicted survival rates for types of heart, hip and knee surgeries. The Department of Health calculations reveal wide variations in death rates for the operations across England. " 

There's plenty of cases in the UK of things going titts up, people having a 'routine' operation and not pulling through.  If you have any statistics of people bleeding to death on the way home after having surgery abroad and the those in the UK I would be happy to read through. 

Although YOUR argument of have surgery in the UK and LIVE and go abroad have surgery and DIE is just total Jackson Pollock’s!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 08:11:06 AM by Bigdom »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024