Author Topic: This is what (I hope) I have been waiting for  (Read 7604 times)

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I have been viewing this site for over 3 years and I have been a member for just under a year.

My time has come and it is tommorow with Levick.

Honestly I dont know what to expect and I dont think I have been this nervous and scared before. My main worry is the usual " will it ever come back?!" and "do I even have it?!"

I cant back out now as I have recieved my student loan and have the surgery in less than 24 hours.

I am normally quick at recovery but I will have to be tommorow as I cant stay over because no one knows about this in my family.

I will post my updates here if I am alive after the surgery!!!!

Thanks to all the legends on this board for their priceless help and encouragenent. I hope to stay even well after my surgery to repay back the debt.

Peace and love to all :D

Couple of questions I am going to order the compression vest so that it is here for Friday I wont need this until atleast a week right? Was I supposed to take the vest on the day of surgery?

I was told that I should shave my chest because of the bandages. Have any
Of you done this? I think I will just trim it because I dont want it to grow too quickly
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:54:01 AM by Hope »
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
  • No more gyne since 28/03/09
Hello there Hope,
I was wearing my compresion vest when i woke up from the anesthesia and have been wearing it every day really.
To the will it ever come back, i am worried about that aswell and i am actually having nightmares about it hehehe
I have not got a hairy chest but even the few hairs that i do have bloody hurt when the bandages where taken of! if i was you i would shave it of as you will most prob have the dressings on for a few days and if you only trim them they will be long enough to get ripped out like mine lol (the worst pain i have had after the surgery was ripping out my hair, the rest is harmless compared to that, i dont know how women do it... lol)
STOP WORRYING!!! it will be fine and if you get nervous and think about pulling out just think about the good things that you will have and how awesome you will feel ones its over!
You wont be in pain, nothing will go wrong and your in good hands so nothing to worry about!

I wish you all the best my friend and get back to us with before and after pictures when you back home ;)

GynO_DuDe

You'll be fine mate, Levicks a top doc' and his staff are second to none.

But yeah as everyone says, you'll be laughin after surgery. Just come home, and relax, play some video games, MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH on healthy foods to promote healing ... so get your protein, carbs etc stay of the junk because your obviously going to be home bound for a while so the temptations their.

Offline kingboob

I think the compression vest situation should be ok..... I mean it will have to be now  :D

I certainly didn't wear mine straight after surgery and to be honest I probably should have worn it a lot more than I did anyway..... but I ordered the wrong size and the bloody thing was a bit too tight.

The surgery will be a breeze honestly...... Mr Levick does so many these he is almost blasé about it..... in, out, job done & all with his eyes closed probably.   ;)

As for shaving..... I wasn't advised to shave so unless you are a gorilla you can probably get away without doing it......... but when you start getting a free wax job every time the dressings are changed you will wish you had bothered to run a razor over the general area, trust me.

I'm in for day surgery (NHS, shudder...) tomorrow, so hopefully I will make it back alive as well...... I will be thinking of you getting the A** treatment (including room service and catering!) while I am stuck in a day surgery unit with only a virtually see through curtain between me and the person 3ft away in the next bed.......... mixed sex ward too, but they do assure me my 'privacy and dignity' will be maintained at all times. (yeah, like last time when I had to explain to a virtually deaf surgeon about my weight loss/excess skin and where all my scars came from, while the person in the next bed was practically taking notes)

still, at least you have none of that sh1t to worry about!

good luck!

Offline Jock

• Silver Member
Hope it all goes well, keep us posted on your progress.
Took the plunge and had consultation with Dr. Karidis 7th January 2009.
Surgery 26th February 2009.
Just wish I'd been able to do this years ago.

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17004.0

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
it will be fine and if you get nervous and think about pulling out just think about the good things that you will have and how awesome you will feel ones its over!

Yeah thanks for the tip ChristianS, I will be thinking about that on the way to the hospital.

But yeah as everyone says, you'll be laughin after surgery. Just come home, and relax, play some video games, MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH on healthy foods to promote healing ... so get your protein, carbs etc stay of the junk because your obviously going to be home bound for a while so the temptations their.

I have a few games and movies to help me get through GynO_DuDe. But honestly I have an assignment due in next week so I will be in bed all day doing the work and hopefully ready for next week. I remember after my tonsils operation I didnt eat a proper meal for weeks so I dont think I will eat alot.

I'm in for day surgery (NHS, shudder...) tomorrow, so hopefully I will make it back alive as well...... I will be thinking of you getting the A** treatment (including room service and catering!) while I am stuck in a day surgery unit with only a virtually see through curtain between me and the person 3ft away in the next bed.......... mixed sex ward too, but they do assure me my 'privacy and dignity' will be maintained at all times. (yeah, like last time when I had to explain to a virtually deaf surgeon about my weight loss/excess skin and where all my scars came from, while the person in the next bed was practically taking notes)

Wow I did not realise that I will have my own room with room service. I lol'ed at the deaf surgeon part!!! But atleast your getting the problem corrected. Are you going in for a revision I assume?

Here are my latest pics it also shows how hairy I am!! Regarding the hair I am going to trim it all off :(...

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17305.0

One other thing I am sure I will keep my boxers on during the surgery wont I? There surely not going to have me naked!!

Thanks for your support guys I know for a fact I could not have done this without you lot. I would have just cancelled everything. I really appreciate it! :D

Offline kingboob

Are you going in for a revision I assume?

Here are my latest pics it also shows how hairy I am!! Regarding the hair I am going to trim it all off :(...

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17305.0

One other thing I am sure I will keep my boxers on during the surgery wont I? There surely not going to have me naked!!

Thanks for your support guys I know for a fact I could not have done this without you lot. I would have just cancelled everything. I really appreciate it! :D

No I'm not having a revision, this is completely unrelated to my gyne / excess skin surgery....... hence i'm dreading the whole NHS experience lol.

You walk down to the operating room with a nurse wearing your underwear, a gown which they give you and the dressing gown & slippers you take with you..... plus there may be some special stockings which they give you to help prevent blood clots in the legs I believe.

Sometimes he does the marking up for the surgery in the operating type area but other times it has been in  the actual private hospital room....... if it is in the surgery area there can be one or two other operating staff hanging about, you can ask them to leave if you don't feel comfortable with him doing the markings & picture taking with others present.   - they won't take offense, but at the same time they have seen it all before so you don't need to feel embarrassed anyway.

You arrive back in your room wearing underwear & gown..... your slippers and stuff will be in your room...... I highly doubt you would be naked during the operation because you are having your chest done, not anything lower down.  :D

Overall I think the walk down to theatre and the small talk while the anaestatist is putting the needles / drugs in is the worst bit.... my heart always starts pounding and I feel the need to run away at that point :D :D :D , when I had my back done I was shaking like a leaf and almost got up and legged it, but luckily he managed to get the anaesthetic in before I completely freaked out lol........................ so anyway, if you get nervous remember to breath deeply and also that your gonna be out like a light when he puts the medication in & before you know it you will be waking up in the recovery room ready to order tea & biscuits on return to your room.

Have you had an anaesthetic before?     If not, in the recovery room expect to have a sore throat, feel a bit dizzy, shivery and cold, also spaced out.   But it passes really quickly and there should be little to no pain as well.

Also I hope you have a safe way of getting home, because obviously you cannot drive for at least 24hrs.... although 48hrs+ is probably even safer IMO.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 05:00:59 PM by kingboob »

Offline kingboob

PS.  Just seen your pictures  - bet you can't wait to get rid of them  :D .   Still, there are not as big as mine were before they got the Levick special.................... I think I hold the record for the biggest ever, I will have to ask him some time.  :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:55:41 PM by kingboob »

Offline ChristianS

• Posting Member
  • No more gyne since 28/03/09
I have a few games and movies to help me get through GynO_DuDe. But honestly I have an assignment due in next week so I will be in bed all day doing the work and hopefully ready for next week. I remember after my tonsils operation I didn't eat a proper meal for weeks so I don't think I will eat alot.

Believe me hope, after not being allowed to eat nor drink from midnight the night before surgery you will be SOOOO hungry after the OP believe me!! i scuffed the food down because i was really really hungry lol

Anyways, keep us updated and don't worry, everything will be fine!

Good luck!

GynO_DuDe

Hope -  I just saw your pre-op pics, your body type/gyne looks similar to mine but my nipples were slightly bigger. Its now nearly 2 Years down the line since my original op and ive lost some weight and I feel that a little more gland can be taken out and I was right, saw Levick the other day and I got a revision booked in 2 months or so, thank god revisions are free, hopefully now that I'll go to him in much better shape, he can get every little last bit of gyne so im left with a nice natural lookin contour.

Any way, make sure you upload pictures after its done ... I want to see the results!! if he completely sorts you out in 1 go, im going to be very happy but also annoyed a little as im having to go in for a 2nd time!!!!!!!!

Offline kingboob

Any way, make sure you upload pictures after its done ... I want to see the results!! if he completely sorts you out in 1 go, im going to be very happy but also annoyed a little as im having to go in for a 2nd time!!!!!!!!

Revisions are quite common with the bigger guys I think.......  I mean the skin has to contract after all the gland and fat is gone and there is probably always going to be room for minor improvements further down the line.

GynO_DuDe

Yeah, I know, he did tell me ... but you know how it is, customers always want it perfect the first time round!! I suppose im being greedy...

Offline kingboob

Hey Hope............. I'm hoping your surgery went well, I just got back alive from the NHS experience today (much better than expected actually)....... so hopefully you survived as well.  :D :D :D

Let us all know how you got on when you get back online!

Offline SonnyAngel

I hope (no pun intended) your surgery wen't well with Dr Levick Hope, i will be having mine with him when i have dropped afew more pounds. Glad all has gone well with whatever you had done Kingboob.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
Update#1: Thanks for the well wishes everybody.

Kingboob good to hear it went well.

I just came back now from the hospital, in short all went well and I stayed overnight. I am
Feeling absolutley fine with hardly any pain.

I just have to hide this from my family which is going to be tricky because I am walking with a funny posture. I have to try and stay in my room for 1 week thats when the
Bandages come off. Its going to be tough...

I will post later updates...

Mr Levick if your reading this then thanks for everything.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:32:38 AM by Hope »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024