Author Topic: Looking for opinions/suggestions  (Read 2867 times)

Offline son_of_ytown

Hi I'm looking to hear from some more experienced people about my case. I'm 17 5'9 260lbs, I have had weight problems my whole life and I'm finally starting to get it under control(my top weight was 320 a couple years ago) but i don't know what to do about my chest. So what i'd like to know is how severe you would say this is? also if I continue losing weight should this go away or will I eventually have to have surgery? I'd really appreciate your advice, doctors especially

GynO_DuDe

Theirs a user on here called 'kingboob' who if I remember had a similar case to you ... his surgeon has done several DIFFERENT surgeries on him ... but instead of me going on about, i'll drop him a PM with a link to this thread so he can tell you what he's done to sort it.

EDIT: And no, your problem sadly won't go away with weightloss. Your going to have a LOT of excess skin that will need to be removed surgically, and as depressing as it sounds, thats the only option.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:24:57 PM by GynO_DuDe »

Offline kingboob

Firstly, I gotta say I am not 100% convinced this isn't a troll or wind up post.......... but apologies if it is genuine.

Secondly, well done on the weight loss, you really need to continue to lose as much as possible.  I mean to be quite blunt about it you need to drop another 40lbs minimum before most surgeons would look to help you...........but obviously you have already lost 80lbs so you KNOW you CAN do it!

I lost 230bs+ so I know it isn't easy (I started aged 17 way back in 2004).      From my experience the more weight you lose the more loose and baggy the skin & chest becomes, unfortunately I don't think guys with breasts as big as ours can ever expect weight loss to remove the problem, as the problem is very severe.   

I am not a doctor and I can't give medical advice but again from my experience once you have lost the weight, or most of it and stabilized for at least 6 months you can start to look at surgical options.   

You will be looking at something like a modified gynecomastia correction - come upper body lift, which will basically involve a long scar running across your chest either below the nipples in the pec fold / crease, or above the nipple line more level with the top of the armpit.  This scar may extend all the way around to your back if you have excess fat rolls under the arms/armpit which the surgeon is able to remove at the same time as the breasts.      The surgeon will basically make the incision, cut and suck out all the excess fat & breast tissue, lift the whole area (getting the nipples to the correct height) by cutting out excess skin and then stitch you back together again!

For the excess skin around the body you are probably looking at something like a lower body lift or 'belt lipectomy', which is like a gigantic tummy tuck which extends all the way around your stomach and across your back/butt area.  The idea is to remove all the skin, flatten the stomach, lift and tighten the buttocks & outer thighs.

Then if you need it there are other options for the arms and legs, but that really depends on how bad the loose skin is, and whether or not you can get the surgery on the NHS (or approved by insurance if your American)  or if your parents have deep pockets to pay for it all!   :D

I have found a few befoe & after pictures of other people with similar issues linked below, they are not my pictures obviously and will redirect you to another site.... but it is more to give you an idea of what to expect in terms of scars............... because to get rid of the excess skin after weight loss you WILL have big scars and probably lots of them, but it is completely worth it IMO.

http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast_lift/healing_reduction_chest_lift.htm
http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/mofid-m-13126.html
http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/leedy-jason-11797.html
http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/surgeryassociates-cozmedic-7263.html
http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/offredericksburg-plasticsurgeryservices-17032.html
http://www.locateadoc.com/pictures/leedy-jason-14050.html

I'm not posting my own pictures up for the moment because I'm shy  :D and I haven't finished getting nipped and tucked just yet.......  I had 5 ops last year and a couple of tidy ups to come this year! 

Offline son_of_ytown

Thank you both for your responses and yes this is a genuine post. Also kingboob you mentioned scarring and i saw them in the pics, will they usually become any less noticeable after time? Either way I think I'd rather have scars than whats going on right now :-\. And I AM going to continue losing the weight, now that I have lost this much my new goal is to get to 220(at least close) by my 18th b-day. I think I can do it if I work hard enough

Offline kingboob

Thank you both for your responses and yes this is a genuine post. Also kingboob you mentioned scarring and i saw them in the pics, will they usually become any less noticeable after time? Either way I think I'd rather have scars than whats going on right now :-\. And I AM going to continue losing the weight, now that I have lost this much my new goal is to get to 220(at least close) by my 18th b-day. I think I can do it if I work hard enough

Yeah, scars can improve dramatically over time......... they can keep changing for anything up to 2 years I believe. - But scars often get worse before they get better, it is all part of the healing process.  Genetics / luck play a part too, some people scar better and some people are unlucky and get hypertrophic/keloid scars, but that is pretty rare.

Basically anything is better than being a guy with with full blown female sized breasts in my experience. 

I also can't stress enough how important exercise (especially resistance / weights work) is.  Whenever you diet for long periods of time you are going to lose muscle as well as fat - losing too much muscle will result in even worse loose skin and you can even end up being 'skinny fat'.  Lifting some weights helps prevent that from happening, as well as helping to *bulk* out the loose skin with muscle.

Plussssss.... the vast majority of obese people put the weight back on (unless they had a gastric bypass etc), so the most important thing you can do is make exercise a big part of your new lifestyle.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 08:48:13 AM by kingboob »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024