Author Topic: Do I have Gyno? Pix  (Read 3538 times)

Offline Cleveland

• Posting Member
For background purposes.  I am a 24 year old male and I feel I may have Gyno.  I am one of 5 boys in my family and every one of us may have this.  We are all on the thicker side and this may be the cause but not too sure.  I have tried working out without focusing on dieting due to me liking my size.  I do NOT want to go super skinny just to lose everything but may have to.

I currently weigh 240lbs

Thanks for reading.

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Yes, you have gyno dude...  :(

Offline Cleveland

• Posting Member

Offline **Gynefor**

• 37 yo - 184 cm - 82 kg

Now what ? Well, if I were you, I would go for surgery. This is my opinion. You have the final answer.

Offline Cleveland

• Posting Member
Still navigating through the site here but how would I go about locating the proper doctor within my area?  Or do I have to go to Cali?

Offline tryingtogetfit

• Posting Member

Now what ? Well, if I were you, I would go for surgery. This is my opinion. You have the final answer.

now why do you jump immediately on gyno? you just assume? maybe that is just where he stores his fat, and if he lost a decent amount of weight...they would shrink down.

I have recently lost 60lbs. Recent as in since january 1st of 2009. Diet and exercise and supplements combined to help me lose around 3-5lbs per week....my body fat % has gone from 33% down to 20%, even 17% on some measurment devices.

My chest fat has decreased a considerable amount...gone? no. but I beleive thats where my body produces a shitload of its fat and I am determined to lose it within the next couple months.

By June 1st, I will be 195lbs...and my bf% should be down near the 13% mark..and when it is...I will post up before and after pictures of my chest....showing what dropping weight can do.

go on a diet man...come back in 6-8 months when youve dropped 50-70lbs and show us how small your chest is then.

Offline GynosaurusRex

• Posting Member
Perhaps you should wait for a doctor to comment. However, I believe that is gyne.

Offline Cleveland

• Posting Member
Anyone know what might be done for me?  Lypo and Lift?  I would rather avoid any scaring if possible.

ALi

Offline Jake

• Silver Member
  • My body is my temple.
Well, I don't know if this post will be looked at again, but oh well. 

Cleveland, it looks like you have a classic case of gynecomastia.  Of course, like all gynecomastia cases there is probably a mixture of glandular tissue and fat in your chest.  Some of the fat would dissipate if you chose to pursue a diet/exercise regimen.  When I say diet, I basically mean permanently alter your eating habits.  Lower calorie intake, focus on the healthier food groups, cut out sugars and reduce starches, and drink a lot of water each day.  I think this would be a wise idea for you.  Start slowly with the exercise though by walking a little distance each day and then extend it over the course of four to six months.  Make sure the walking is always vigorous too to keep your heart rate up.  Weight lifting could also be useful if you have access to it.  A doctor could help you more than I can on all this though, remember.

If you do lose a significant amount of weight after a year or two and your body looks different, your chest may still protrude a little bit.  I bet you will feel a lot better all around, but if the chest still bothers you it's time to see a doctor.  Once a doctor says that you do indeed have gynecomastia, you need to search around for a plastic surgeon.  Most plastic surgeons offer financing programs to help pay for the surgery.  Insurance rarely covers gynecomastia reduction.  It can get costly.  But choosing a doctor is pretty much the whole battle, so go with one that you have a good gut feeling about.  A surgeon could better inform you as to what procedure(s) would be performed on you.  It could excision or liposuction, or both with the possibility of a lift.  It could go any way.

I would simply get started by trying to shed some weight first though.  You may be comfortable with your weight, and that's great!  But it may not be conducive to how you feel about your chest. 
Had gynecomastia since age 12.
Surgery performed on July 18, 2008 by
Dr. Jeffrey Wagner in Indianapolis, IN.
(Excision and Liposuction)

"The heart moves on while the mind remembers."

Offline Cleveland

• Posting Member
Sorry for the late reply.  I Didn't have any way of getting notifications.  I lost about 30 pounds one year due to working out and getting sick while traveling abroad(weird but it's true).  Although I lost the 30 pounds, I still retained the mass(not as much but plenty left) in my chest.  Working out is something I will start back up once I am fully recovered from a surgery and I will do it properly this time.  But I fear that surgery will be needed and I worry about what I will look like without a lift and with a lift.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024