Author Topic: What's the nearest airport to Karidis?  (Read 6421 times)

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
And from there, is it far to the clinic? Would it be possible to get a taxi there - and how much would that taxi cost, roughly?
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Rosco12724

• Posting Member
I'd budget around £35 for a cab from London City to the hospital but it could be more if you are going through the busy part of the day. If flying in I would recommend Luton and then taking the 757 bus to Lords Cricket Ground on Finchley Road near the hospital. If traffics good this journey should equal about the same as coming in from City Airport by public transport but will be far more relaxing. Allow around an hour but in London journeys can vary a lot according to time of day, traffic levels etc.

Although London City may be the nearest airport it is not the easiest to get from. Firstly you need to get the DLR to Bank, then change to the Central Line as far as Bond Street and then change to the Jubilee Line to St Johns Wood which is then five minutes to the hospital. Particularly when you are discharged you don't want to be having to make all those changes.

The A6 bus also goes from Stansted to Golders Green where you can connect to the 82 bus which will drop you off on Finchley Road outside St Johns Wood Stations.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Ah, so dauntingly complicated!!

I'm gonna write all this down...

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Its not that difficult mate.

Use a printer.  :D

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I'd budget around £35 for a cab from London City to the hospital but it could be more if you are going through the busy part of the day. If flying in I would recommend Luton and then taking the 757 bus to Lords Cricket Ground on Finchley Road near the hospital. If traffics good this journey should equal about the same as coming in from City Airport by public transport but will be far more relaxing. Allow around an hour but in London journeys can vary a lot according to time of day, traffic levels etc.

Although London City may be the nearest airport it is not the easiest to get from. Firstly you need to get the DLR to Bank, then change to the Central Line as far as Bond Street and then change to the Jubilee Line to St Johns Wood which is then five minutes to the hospital. Particularly when you are discharged you don't want to be having to make all those changes.

The A6 bus also goes from Stansted to Golders Green where you can connect to the 82 bus which will drop you off on Finchley Road outside St Johns Wood Stations.

Damn, I was excited about the Luton option, but a problem arose: my airline doesn't go to lutton. I don't have a credit card, only a debit card, and the only airline that accepts them is Aer Lingus, which goes to Heathrow.

I have never been to London, I'm hoping I don't get lost... I'll be asking people for directions a lot probably.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
I'm not sure I understand these directions. Frustrating. They don't seem to let me know where I get out.
Can someone help me if I am making a mistake?

I find Heathrow Central Rail Station

There, I take the Heathrow Express to Paddington Railway Station, 16 minutes away.
I get off at Zone "6, 1"?
Then I walk for 8 minutes to the underground section there, and take the Bakerloo Line. I go towards "Elephant and Castle". I get out at Zone 1 - which is Baker St Underground Station?
From here, I take the Jubilee Line towards Stanmore. I get out at Zone 1, 2? What is "Zone 1, 2"?

Then, I'm at St John's Wood and just have to walk the rest of the way?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024