Author Topic: How to get the ball rolling?  (Read 2987 times)

Offline now-gone

• Posting Member
Hi All,

Firstly I would like to say - Bloody good website !!

Right... I have decided that I want to have my Gyne sorted.  I have read through a lot of post in this forum and have come to the conclusion that I would like to make an appointment with Dr Levick (party due to location).  This has all come about because I have booked a holiday to Thailand.  The holiday is booked for the end of August so I am hoping that I can fit this in before then - is it likely?

Other questions I have - just off the top of my head....

When you call up what should I ask for?  Who will I speak to?
How soon would he likely be able to see me?
What days does he do surgery?
Are there any restrictions with weight?

Looking at the photo's and reading the stories on this site really has made it feel accessible - I just want this SORTED !!

Cheers!

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
Hi All,

Firstly I would like to say - Bloody good website !!

Right... I have decided that I want to have my Gyne sorted.  I have read through a lot of post in this forum and have come to the conclusion that I would like to make an appointment with Dr Levick (party due to location).  This has all come about because I have booked a holiday to Thailand.  The holiday is booked for the end of August so I am hoping that I can fit this in before then - is it likely?

Other questions I have - just off the top of my head....

When you call up what should I ask for?  Who will I speak to?
How soon would he likely be able to see me?
What days does he do surgery?
Are there any restrictions with weight?

Looking at the photo's and reading the stories on this site really has made it feel accessible - I just want this SORTED !!

Cheers!

Not a levick patient myself but heres seriously

just phone up the phone, im going to karidis but heres my old email from levicks people

Thank you for your enquiry regarding gynaecomastia surgery.

Firstly in answer to your questions, Mr Levick's consultation days are a Monday and Tuesday at The Priory Hospital.  The cost for consultation is £100 and the latest appointment time 3.50p.m.

The cost for gynaecomastia surgery is fixed at £3855 and this includes surgeon, anaesthetist and hospital fees.  Any further check ups after surgery are not charged for, only the initial consultation.  The hospital will ask for payment for surgery 7 days in advance and this can be paid by debit or credit card, bankers draft or building society cheque.  If you wish to pay by cash you can bring this with you on the day.

After consultation, we can usually give you a date for operation within weeks, sometimes less dependent on how busy the operating lists are.  Should you wish, we can offer you a provisional date before consultation.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions in full, but please do not hesitate to contact me by mail or telephone on 01527 577675 should you have any further queries.

Regards.

Julie Hill
Secretary to Mr P L Levick

So there you go mate ;) might have changed that was March1st 2009
8 days to go! 16/05/2009 Dr. Karidis = Cant wait!

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
but even if its done by august mate, consider you may have substational brusing (esp if your overweight)

Speak to levicks people tho mate, i mean you could be fully healed but dont rush it mate youve lived with it this long. Id also consider karidis but he seems to have a long list of patients at the minute so you could have a wait

having said that there are loads of happy Levick patients on here, so they will guide you

Good Luck
Chancer

Offline now-gone

• Posting Member
That is brilliant information guys - thanks !!!

Chancer76 - picking up on what you said about the brusing, how long does it last for?  When does it first appear?

Cheers!

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
it varies on how much surgery has to be done (i think) ive got my surgery next saturday so i can only tell you what i know from reading this forum!

But from what ive seen the brusing seems to come in the first few days and well, everyone suffers from brusing in different ways im guessing a few weeks. But since this is invasive surgery then you will probally have scar tissue, just put "Scar Tissue" into the forum search. To be honest you need to let your body heal for a year to be completley back to normal!

heres a few of levicks patients

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16829.0

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=9297.0           (this one is especially important, read the whole post)

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=8779.45

Good luck mate! But please dont rush into a decision just because your going on holiday etc this is a big decision!

Also have a look into Alex Karidis, there are a lot of satisfied patients on here with him aswell

Chancer

Offline now-gone

• Posting Member
Again, thanks for the info.

I am sure in my mind that I want the procedure, it is just that I now need to decide by who and when.

I understand that Karidis is quite booked up.  Does anyone know what days of the week he does consultations?

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Mon,Wed,Fri = consulatation

Tue,Thurs,Sat = operations

I'd get on the phone tomorrow if you want to be fully mobile and recovered for your holiday in August, you need to allow a month minimum to be back to near 100% (depends how bad your case is).

That a surgeon is "quite booked up" is a good sign  ;D

Dr. Karidis at http://www.nipntuck.co.uk/ runs a very slick and successfull service.

Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Hope

• Silver Member
I recently had surgery with levick and if I could summarise the experience in word it would be 'AMAZING.'  read my previous posts regarding my experience with him.

One of my reasons for going with Levick was location as I live in the same city and it only 15-20 minutes drive from my home.

I would advise you to book a consulation which will probably be in a weeks time and ask him any questions. Trust me write them down!!

Surgery time could be a couple of weeks pr months it depends on Levick diary.

Dont be afraid to phone his office all the people working there are fantastic.

Good luck. :)
*Gyne free thanks to Mr Levick on  April 9th 2009*

Offline now-gone

• Posting Member
Thanks for ALL the advice.

After some careful consideration I have decided to have my first consultation with Dr. Karidis.  I called them today and got an appointment for next Friday.  I enquired about slots for surgery and was told that I could get a mid-week slot end of may early June - if I wanted Saturday it would have to be end of June.  Fingers crossed that these slots are still all available by next Friday.

I will keep you all posted on my progress.

Cheers!

Offline chancer76

• Posting Member
great  news mate, keep us updated!

Chancer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024