Author Topic: IN THE UK CAN YOU GET IT ON NHS?  (Read 2378 times)

Offline Jaxar123

Im from the UK and recently found out about this site which was great to see I was not alone in my search for answers, instead of getting thrown away from the doctors 5 years ago who told me it would go in a year when infact it hasnt. I see on the site alot of people are from the US where there are quite expensive fees for excision. I wondered if anyone knows whether this can be treated on the NHS in the UK? thanks

Offline thetodd

If you go and see your GP and asked to be reffered to a plastic surgeon. If you make clear how distressing it is for you then they will refer you

This will mean that you have to go to the Breast Clinic in a hospital (a bit distressing tbh). Where a surgeon will look at you and decide whether your a worthy candidate! Id reccomend you confide in someone like your parents/girlfriend etc to help you through it cause its going to be a long proccess eitherway

But seriously its VERY rare you get surgery, unless youve got the condition extremley bad! If i was you i would try the NHS route but also be saving to have the treatment done privatley. Ive got my surgery comming up on saturday at a cost of £4300ish and trust me im not a rich lad im on £15k p/y and im 20. You need to make a decision how much it bothers you

Now gynecomastia is being mentioned reguarly in the press, there has been a huge rise in surgery's to treat it (Private and NHS). You can bet the NHS are going to want to nip this in the bud, these are expensive procedures!

If you want some feedback post

Some pics of your gyne
Age/Weight

But try and get treatment on the NHS, if you dont get it you havent really lost anything. And there have been guys on here who have had the surgery for free! And some of the results are really good

Good luck!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

GynO_DuDe

NHS in Birmingham definitely operate for free if you have an EXTREME case. Thats something I know 100% FACT. Because my private surgeon told me ...

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member
Im from the UK and recently found out about this site which was great to see I was not alone in my search for answers, instead of getting thrown away from the doctors 5 years ago who told me it would go in a year when infact it hasnt. I see on the site alot of people are from the US where there are quite expensive fees for excision. I wondered if anyone knows whether this can be treated on the NHS in the UK? thanks

Im getting it on the NHS. I went to my GP, who had a look, and I was obviously very embarrassed. They took my blood to check for hormones, and I went back after a while. However, they accidentally didn't test for hormones. I was then referred to a doctor at the hospital, who took a look and asked me how it affected me. After a few weeks, I recieved a letter from the hospital confirming my appointment with the plastic surgeon, who I saw last Thursday. He had a look, I had some pictures of me taken, and was told that I would receive a letter in about 6-8 weeks telling me when my surgery date is.

Having said this, I suppose it depends on whereabouts in the UK you're from, and how old you are.
Had gyno for the best part of 8 (awful) years
Surgery on Monday 20th July. Never felt so happy in my life!

Offline thetodd

Im getting it on the NHS. I went to my GP, who had a look, and I was obviously very embarrassed. They took my blood to check for hormones, and I went back after a while. However, they accidentally didn't test for hormones. I was then referred to a doctor at the hospital, who took a look and asked me how it affected me. After a few weeks, I recieved a letter from the hospital confirming my appointment with the plastic surgeon, who I saw last Thursday. He had a look, I had some pictures of me taken, and was told that I would receive a letter in about 6-8 weeks telling me when my surgery date is.

Having said this, I suppose it depends on whereabouts in the UK you're from, and how old you are.

great news Prodigy! keep us updated and post some pics when youve had it done

Do you know your surgeons name?

Offline pr0digy

• Posting Member

great news Prodigy! keep us updated and post some pics when youve had it done

Do you know your surgeons name?

Thanks. He's called Mr J Srinivasan, based at Preston royal hospital, but I had the appointment saw him at Royal Blackburn H. I've tried googling him, but only thing that comes up is that he's been doing plastic surgery since '95. He might not be very good.  :-\

Offline thetodd

but youve got the cover of the NHS prodigy so nothing major should go wrong

Just ask if he has any before/after pictures, but i wouldnt worry majorly he should be fine :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024