Author Topic: I am about to go back to square one?  (Read 3250 times)

Offline tmb82

• Posting Member
Hi,

I am four months post op, great results, but have just noticed a small amount of what I THINK is gland under each nipple. I havnt felt it before, either because it wasnt there, or because sensation has only just returned in the area - hard to say. It feels the same as before, only less of it. Its not yet making any visible difference but I am worried for two reasons. Firstly, Levick said ALL the gland would be removed, so does this mean a totally proper job wasn't done? Or is it normal? And obviously I am worried that if there is something there it will grow.

Are there any other levick patients that really can feel NOTHING left under their nipples, - is that a realistic expectation? Or is this as good as it gets?

If it is gland, would it have reached its maximal growth by now ( considering my diet/lifestyle is good etc)?

Thanks,

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Are you sure that what you're pinching might not just be fat? I can't feel gland as of such, but if I pinch at the area, obviously there's still some fat left which I had previously thought MAY be gland, but it blatantly isn't.
etc.

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Dont panic dude....

The lack of nipple sensation is totally normal.....It apparently comes back slowly but surely...

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi tmb,

im no expert but to quote from mr levicks blue brochure .

"all men have breast tissue "

its just that we have (or had ) too much of it in certain areas ,so theres still a layer of tissue all over the chest ,i can even feel it in areas well away from where the surgery was done.

doesnt mean its gonna grow back  to excess again though. unless there an underlying hormonal problem.

this is my take on it anyway ,you might get a more clinical answer if you posted the question on the general forum.

GL  , paul..

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
I have no idea why everyone on this board gets into such a panic when they are nowhere near done healing.

Seems like people do more worrying about their chest post op than pre op!

At 4 months post op, these hard things you can feel behind your nipples are most likely bits of contracted scar tissue. Preop I didnt have hard bits of gland under my nipples and now post op I do- so I know it's not gland.

Offline Bubble

• Posting Member
Taz,

I think you have a point but remember, the mental scars of gyne remain with all of us after surgery. I believe that all post op paitents have a heightened sense of paranoia with regards to regrowth. I for one would be devastated if I had any regrowth and as such I am always feeling around my nipples just to make sure.

Yes you are right about healing and the time it takes but dont be too hard on tmb82

Offline Taz

• Bronze Member
  • Free at last
Taz,

I think you have a point but remember, the mental scars of gyne remain with all of us after surgery. I believe that all post op paitents have a heightened sense of paranoia with regards to regrowth. I for one would be devastated if I had any regrowth and as such I am always feeling around my nipples just to make sure.

Yes you are right about healing and the time it takes but dont be too hard on tmb82

Being too hard?! Whatever mate.

Back to the topic, it depends on the case beforehand, if you just had puffy nips and had simillar solid masses behind your nipples before then there's a (very small) possibility they are growing back.

Without cutting you open no one can tell you what these lumps are. If you're really worried about it, go see Levick, although I'd wager my life on him telling you that it's scar tissue.

If they grow bigger in the course of the next few months, then I'd start to show concern. Again this is something you'd need to speak to Mr Levick (and probably your GP) about.

But as I said before; give it time. Levick patients do not seem to heal as quick as people who've had surgery by others, wait at least a year.

Offline glinja

• Silver Member
  • bi lateral aggressive lipo done on NHS 16/06/04
I agree with Taz, im 12 months post op, and was as flat as the preverbial pancake, for 2 months post op, then i think thats when the internal healing starts.
What you have to remember, is that there is a void, between the 2 layers of tissue, that will, over a period of time, begin to knot together,, and this can cause a swelling (it did with me), this is when the constant movement of the chest muscles, aggravates the healing and causes swelling.
You have to remember, that the outside of the body heals a lot quicker, because they are only incision marks, and bruising, it looks bad to start with, sure, but you can see that healing every day.
What you cannot see, is whats going on under the skin, which is a helluva lot more than a couple of small cuts!!.
My chest has only really just got back to "normal" after 12 months, so to be realistic, just try not to worry JUST yet, i know its hard but think of how many years you suffered pre-op!!
Hope this helps,
Regards
Glinja ;)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024