Author Topic: Surgery tommorow with Karidis  (Read 5590 times)

Offline thetodd

Next time i read this ill be post op so, id really appreciate any tips on what to eat also a few q's which i will ask tommrow but want feedback from you guys

1/ How painfull is it for the first few days
2/ how long before you started excersing ... and weight training your chest muscles
3/ how long before you started drinking alchohol (im not an addict, i just want to go up town with my new figure :))

Cant imagine im going to get mucn sleep tonight, really exited tbh not at all anxious :|
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

GynO_DuDe

1. First few days are the worst ... your going to feel really sh!tty but the fact you don't have gyne anymore will get you by.

2. Give it 2 months atleast before gym ... you got the rest of your life to excercise, why are you dying to do it right away? your bodys going to go through some serious trauma under the surgeons liposuction canula, last thing you want is, to rest for 2-3 weeks and start benching and creating micro tears on an already 'un' healed chest.

3. Dunno about this one ... But tbh, don't binge if you do go out ... no drinking games! -- take it easy for a while because im sure your going to be given plenty of drugs to have for several weeks while your healing.

And last but not least, good luck! your going to be chuffed hopefully with the new you.

Offline thetodd

thanks for the reply Gyno, tbh i feel fine im moving around the house fine havent really got any pain (feels like a tough day down the gym). Ive opted against taking my painkillers cause i dont really feel any pain, dont wana deal with the poss constipation. So im just taking the arnica and anti-biotics

they said to me wait 2-3 weeks before gym, as long as the incision points heal ... ill prob give it a month if im healed im not going to weight train though! I stopped going to the gym in febuary and im out of shape, so im eager to go back but im not going to risk anything. Yeah im just going to drink water when i go out sod the achohol for a few months

just to let people know Karidis's team were amazing i will post full before and after pics tommrow, when ive changed my dressings. He took 600ml of fat out and 18g of gland. Hospital really good, staff A+

Totally happy with the whole thing!!

GynO_DuDe

Good news, yeah man, I felt the same in regards to pain ... felt like a heavy chest workout.

Well either way, have fun healing  ;D

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
Nice one.

I have a date booked for a few weeks with Karidis. Cannot WAIT! Did you tell anyone about it? What age are you?

I'm interested to see the photos.
Surgery completed. Mission accomplished!
2/6/09. Dr. Karidis, UK.

Offline thetodd

hiya cellar my old username was Chancer76, but i fucked up when i changed my email address (typed it wrong) so ive just created a new account

I know you wanna cover it up from your folks cellar but seriously, this vest is uncomfortable mate but i did have quite a bit of surgery i guess you prob wont need much lipo. I got pretty liberal parents but theyve done nothin but support me, even drove me up to london and waited and took me home :). Got a parking space right outside which was a bonus in at 7:30am out at 5pm. im 20 just for the record. Ill be honest i had some MAJOR reservations with StJohns, had problems with blood tests going missing payments not being accepted by them. But today was so smooth its unbelieveable

Youve got your own private room with a Flatscreen, Comfy bed, On-Suite toilet and reclining chair and i had brilliant view. Not to mention youve got room service at the palm of your hands! It sounds snobby me saying this, but im so glad i didnt try and persue the NHS for me it was worth all the saving i done for it!

weird going StJohns! you will see about every single dream car you can imagine .... how the other half live eh

Offline as400

• Silver Member
weird going StJohns! you will see about every single dream car you can imagine .... how the other half live eh

Yeah as I left after my surgery I almost got run over by a Bentley, how funny would that have been?

I was in the gym doing light CV (bike, cross trainer) after 2 weeks. Still havnt got round to doing anything that involves working my pecs.

You shouldn't mix alcohol with the pain killers, but I didn't rate those pain killers anyway, I thought I might get a bit of a buzz off them but they just made me constipated.

A lot of this depends if you have a minor or major case, but my vest came off on day 7, 6 days 24x7 was enough for me!

Right now my results still are bringing a smile to my face especially as the bruising has virtually all gone, though my chest area is still hyper sensative, even my softest t-shirt can feel like sandpaper at times.

Before you criticise a man walk a mile in his shoes, after that who cares? your a mile away and have his shoes.

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
hiya cellar my old username was Chancer76, but i fucked up when i changed my email address (typed it wrong) so ive just created a new account

I know you wanna cover it up from your folks cellar but seriously, this vest is uncomfortable mate but i did have quite a bit of surgery i guess you prob wont need much lipo. I got pretty liberal parents but theyve done nothin but support me, even drove me up to london and waited and took me home :). Got a parking space right outside which was a bonus in at 7:30am out at 5pm. im 20 just for the record. Ill be honest i had some MAJOR reservations with StJohns, had problems with blood tests going missing payments not being accepted by them. But today was so smooth its unbelieveable

Youve got your own private room with a Flatscreen, Comfy bed, On-Suite toilet and reclining chair and i had brilliant view. Not to mention youve got room service at the palm of your hands! It sounds snobby me saying this, but im so glad i didnt try and persue the NHS for me it was worth all the saving i done for it!

Ah, yeah chancer76.
Nice one, sounds like everything went smoothly. One thing alarmed me though: do they keep you in until 5 pm, or is that your choice? It's just I have a flight to catch... I think I may have fucked up by booking it for 3.30 pm that day.

Btw, I also had a problem with payments not being accepted by them. My Irish laser card was incompatible with their system. I recently did a bank transfer, but have not gotten confirmation that it was accepted. Really hoping nothing goes wrong...

Offline as400

• Silver Member
They don't keep you in until 5pm, you can go when you feel ready. They do recommend highly that having had a general anesthetic there is someone there to be with you in case something goes very wrong when you leave the hospital and you need help.

If your flight is at 3.30pm then presumably you will need to check in at the latest at 14.30 and will need an hour to get to the airport depending where it is? so will be looking to leave St Johns at 1.30pm?....frankly I don't think that will be possible.

Offline thetodd

yeah seriously i wasnt perked up untill like 3:30 mate, you will feel so TIRED! I mean i was out of the theatre at 11am

i think if you discharged yourself and turned up at the airport, they would probally refuse youd look like a zombie

Just get the flight changed, it will be a small charge if you do it now! Yeah i could of been out before 5pm but i didnt really see the need in rushing so i had dinner there aswell

Offline thetodd

Yeah as I left after my surgery I almost got run over by a Bentley, how funny would that have been?

I was in the gym doing light CV (bike, cross trainer) after 2 weeks. Still havnt got round to doing anything that involves working my pecs.

You shouldn't mix alcohol with the pain killers, but I didn't rate those pain killers anyway, I thought I might get a bit of a buzz off them but they just made me constipated.

A lot of this depends if you have a minor or major case, but my vest came off on day 7, 6 days 24x7 was enough for me!

Right now my results still are bringing a smile to my face especially as the bruising has virtually all gone, though my chest area is still hyper sensative, even my softest t-shirt can feel like sandpaper at times.

AS400, Has any scar tissue apeared yet for you? i think i will take my vest after a week i will see how it pans out

woke up today croggy as hell, got two pain killers down my throat imediatley, my back a bit saw i think theres where the lipo incisions have been made :|

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:19:49 AM by thetodd »

Offline as400

• Silver Member
Hi fella, congrats on the surgery.

Yes I think I have scar tissue developing quite evenly on both sides, it took about 7-10 days for me to feel it, I'd describe it as a reasonably even horizontal band starting from under my nipple going out towards under my arm. It seems to swell or harden very slightly then goes back down. Its something you can feel with your fingers but hardly see in front of the mirror and certainly don't notice while wearing a t-shirt.

It makes it even now 3 weeks post op slightly uncomfortable to sleep on my side ( but having my damned cursed 'memory foam' mattress doesn't help, which I hate and want to get rid of, I mean memory foam what's that all about? you sink into a hole and when you want to turn over you have to climb out of the hole roll up a mountain then you start to sink into a hole all over again, its a nightmare give me ViSpring any time except now I've had surgery I can't afford one!....~rant over etc~)

Dr. Karidis usually makes the incision for lipo just under the armpit, you should see a plaster on each side, I'm not aware he goes in via the back?

The scaring was expected and I don't know how long it will last, I'm still a bit too tender to do much in the way of massaging, my chest varies from numbness to hypersensativity, its not painful at all, difficult to explain, a bt like having joggers nipple but over a wider area! my nerves in the chest area have obviously experienced a rude interuption and are taking their time to calm down.

But damn it looks so much better! now the bruising has nearly all gone, will post up some fresh pics on my thread maybe tomorrow.

PS: Got the usual call the day after surgery from Dr K's office to see how I was, but also got a call a week later from the Dr himself to see how I was which was good and unexpected. Nice touch, can't fault them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 07:52:35 AM by as400 »

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
They don't keep you in until 5pm, you can go when you feel ready. They do recommend highly that having had a general anesthetic there is someone there to be with you in case something goes very wrong when you leave the hospital and you need help.

If your flight is at 3.30pm then presumably you will need to check in at the latest at 14.30 and will need an hour to get to the airport depending where it is? so will be looking to leave St Johns at 1.30pm?....frankly I don't think that will be possible.

Hmmm, you may be right. The surgery is at 7 a.m. though. I naively thought this would be enough time. I guess I'll have to re-book the return flight.  :-\

Offline Cellar_Door

• Silver Member
yeah seriously i wasnt perked up untill like 3:30 mate, you will feel so TIRED! I mean i was out of the theatre at 11am

i think if you discharged yourself and turned up at the airport, they would probally refuse youd look like a zombie

Just get the flight changed, it will be a small charge if you do it now! Yeah i could of been out before 5pm but i didnt really see the need in rushing so i had dinner there aswell

Haha, ok, cheers. Kudos to you, you saved me from a shitload of hassle.

Offline thetodd

i think they get all the day cases in at 7am cellar, i was in at 7 and went down at 9:15

Its quick enough, but yeah youd be wise rebooking. Do you know what day your surgery will fall on, traffic in london is insane on the weekdays! Id schedule your flight back at 7pm+ gives you time to have something to eat and drink aswell at the airport

Not sure if youve been for your consult yet, but get the bloodtest on the day of the consultation i nearly went grey getting my results to them it isnt worth the bloody worry!

Gl

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024