Author Topic: Scars or boobs?  (Read 2225 times)

Offline BadCaseGyno

• Bronze Member
I've seen a few people say that they're afraid to go into surgery because of the chance of scarring on the chest. Personally, I would rather have scars on my chest than boobs. Scars, even though not very pretty, are very masculine. When someone sees a scar, they usually think "wow, what a badass". When someone sees boobies on a guy, "badass" is usually not the first thing that comes to mind (its usually "eww" or "haha lmao"). Even though they may not be pretty, scars are not really something to be very self conscious about. I would trade scars (even if they were fairly visible) for boobies any day.

My point is, don't be afraid of surgery because of scarring.

GynO_DuDe

Totally agree ... the long lined scar you get across the chest with a chestlift I would just lie and say I got sliced with a knife, some one tried mugging me LOL

But yeah definitely, trading boobs for scars is a no brainer.

Offline Mustoofee

• Posting Member
Huge scar Better Than A Boobs on chest .... million times :(

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
most of the time it's not an issue anyway, a competent ps will hide a scar on the areola line or do lipo from under the shoulder.  it's only the really extreme cases -- or non-extreme cases done by the incompetent -- where you get any kind of cut left on the chest itself. 

worst i ever saw was a pic from a non-ps op where the guy just sliced across the middle of the areola.  and he even did it at different angles  :o  :o  :o

and yes, i'd probably still take that over a severe case ;) 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

anonymous1

Can't see scars under a shirt anyway. Just get a good surgeon and quit worrying!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
HHH is dead right that this is now a moot point, especially so with a well qualified surgeon.

If you were to go back much more than 20 years, disfiguring scars were very much of an issue. The problem was such that the surgery was not all that common then.

Be thankful that you did not hit your twenties in the 1950's.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Jack17

• Bronze Member
My doctor does like 4 of these a month, and he says he's only had complaints of prominent, raised scaring in 3 people. Two of them were black. Black people are more prone to scaring than white people for some reason; don't ask me why because I don't know.

Keep in mind, the excision of the gland takes place at the edge of the areola, which is already a different color than your skin tone as it is. So even if there is a little scar, it’s not going to be very noticeable unless you got up close and knew what you were looking for. Obviously, with any surgery, there's a risk for scarring, and I think anyone would be wise to consider that risk, but I'm not too worried about it personally.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024