Author Topic: advice after surgery?  (Read 1999 times)

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
hi had surgery a week ago at the nuffield hospital, one side the surgeon done lipo and it removed most of gland and the right side he done lipo and i needed excision to around my nipple to remove a plum size lump he said. i got dressing off today and the side with excision is quite inverted, is this to be expected and will it get better with time when swelling goes down?

i have wore a compression vest for 9 days now, is this long enough or should i keep wearing it ?

How long after surgery would you wait before starting to massage the area?

how long shall i wait before i got back to the gym again?

thanks for your help

Offline thetodd

compression vest - ask the hospital it varies from surgeon to surgeon. If you really dont want to ask id say 2 weeks would be sufficient (i wore mine for a week)

When you say inverted, do you mean  cratered in? because my left nipple had folded in at the bottom where my excision was done but not on the right. Its starting to even out now but im more swelled up on the right than left. Its just the way the body heals it should *touchwood even out after a few months dont worry about it there isnt much you can do eitherway

massage - 3 weeks after. Get yourself a tube of arnica gel and some bio oil it will speed up recovery and its very uncomfortable massing without them

Gym - 4 weeks really im 5 1/2 weeks post op now and i strugle doing a lot of free weight excercises down the gym but i can use a bar no problem. It varies from person to person ... dont rush
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

irish lad

vest ... depends see how you get on if your comfterable take it off and maybe just wear it at night.

massage... cant help you never had to do it i didnt have aerola excission

gym... gradually return maybe try some light running and light weights. if uncomfterable try training with vest on or nike compression vest

Offline bigbiffa

• Posting Member
THETODD yeah where he is done excision around the bottom of my right nipple it is sorted of cratered inwards, I have wore the vest now for 10 days 24/7, i seen the surgeon on monday and he said jsut wear it when you can. i bought a nike compression vest as this is less noticable wearing under a t-shirt. Do you think it would be ok to wear nike vest through the day and the proper vest when sleeping the at night??  i can still feel a lump under my nipple where is had excision is this jsut scar tissue and will it go down??

I went back to the gym last night and done some really light weight, jsut wore the nike compression vest and it felt ok, only got a little bruising on the right side where he done excision and its not really that sore. actually i still have no feeling in my right nipple but surgeon said this is normal???

Offline thetodd

yeah thats sound mate, its just there for support after the 1st week so the nike compression will do the job

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024