Author Topic: Do you think I'll have loose skin after surgery?  (Read 2864 times)

Offline sdg954

• Posting Member
Just wanted to know from anybody that is knowledgeable.

I can definetly feel tissue on my chest, but I am not sure if its fat or gland. It kind of feels like small individual balls. Does that sound like fat?

And also, If I were to get surgery or lose the excess fat do you think I would have loose skin?

DrBermant

Just wanted to know from anybody that is knowledgeable.

I can definetly feel tissue on my chest, but I am not sure if its fat or gland. It kind of feels like small individual balls. Does that sound like fat?

And also, If I were to get surgery or lose the excess fat do you think I would have loose skin?

Low Nipples Look Weird on a Male Chest and often are a symptom of loose skin component.

After Massive Weight Loss loose skin can also be a factor as well as remaining gland and fat.  I have evolved a set of Standard Pictures to Evaluate Loose Skin and Drooping for Male Chest Ptosis that better demonstrate possible Excess Skin on the Male Chest.

Skin Tightening Male Chest Lift Surgery involves compromises best explored during a consultation with a surgeon with special expertise in this specific surgical sculpture in men.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Male Mastopexy Chest Lift for Sagging Tissues

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Hard to tell from your photos -- would need further medical info.  But in general, you are very muscular and have just a small amount of gyne.  Once the gyne is removed, the skin should tighten -- at least somewhat -- and should probably be satisfactory to you.

If you were my patient, I would not do any skin tightening during the initial surgery -- just let it heal for six months and then re-assess.  If indeed there were any lax skin at six months, then we could discuss a skin tightening procedure -- but whatever lax skin there would be, it would be far less than there would have been at the initial surgery.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024