Author Topic: How bad is my gyne? *UPDATED*  (Read 6377 times)

Offline MX

• Posting Member
My goal is to get a flat chest.

I havnt took my shirt off at the beach in so long and it sucks.. I cant wear tight shirts because then it looks like i have breasts :(

I have a appointment scheduled with a PS named Dr. Vijay Bindingnavale in TX scheduled on the 14th

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:14:26 AM by MX »

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Your chest and stomach look identical to mine. We both have a bit of fat on us - don't take that in a bad way!  ;)

Also like me you seem to have more fat contributing to the appearance of your chest than you do gland. Your nipples don't look overly puffy like a lot of other peoples do that I've seen on this forum.

You could try weight loss, but like many you might find that it doesn't help. Have you seen your doctor about this? They might be able to rule out problems such as a hormone imbalance.

I personally plan to take the surgery route, and in 16 days will have a flat chest!  ;D
Had surgery with Dr. Karidis (London, UK) on 23rd July. Wearing tight t-shirts and looking forward to going swimming!

My experience so far & updates:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18200.msg126755#msg126755

Pictures:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=18539.msg127741#msg127741

Offline MX

• Posting Member
when i went to my doctor, he took a blood test and my hormone levels were normal.

yeah ive tried weight loss but my moobs always kill my motivation to do anything.. :(

Offline MX

• Posting Member
ok. so today i went to the ps my doctor recommended me to. his name is dr vijay bindingnavele.

he inspected the gynecomastia, and he told me i have lots of fat there but also some gland, but is going to cut a incision on the bottom of my areola on both sides to remove the gland. the fat would be removed by lipo

the precedure would take 2 hours and i would not need drains.

he told me im good for the op sometime in 2 weeks and im gonna go back tomorrow to set up the date.

ill try to keep everyone updated. this seems to be the first post from Corpus Christi TX about a doctor here

Offline MX

• Posting Member

bizzare! what do you want your chest to look like?
 Just looks like a silghtly out of condition guys chest to me!

Take a look at mine here, I think it looks a bit like a girls chest!
 I aint getting them chopped off tho. They seem to bother other people more than me.

i want my chest to be flat. not sticking out further than my stomache. the doc already said i have gyne, a mild case though. It would add a great deal of confidence and and less stress in my life.

your fault for not gettin those bad boys "chopped". i couldnt stand to have a chest that big and not get them removed.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:46:58 PM by MX »

Offline theman234

• Posting Member
That guy that posted that before you with this pic has horrible gyne. I guess it doesn't bother him, why is he on this forum?

Anyway, on a scale of 1-10 of how bad (10 being worst) it is i would rate it a 4-5ish. there is definitely something there (especially in that first pic), but you can't tell THAT much in the last pic because it somewhat matches your body. It wouldn't be a waste at all to get surgery though
Surgery Date: July 7, 2009!

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
I think some people have silly views on what "gynecomastia" is and you even find a kind of gyne fundementalist on this forum!

I've seen huge chests and I've seen people with what I've considered as a perfectly normal chest go for surgery, and it's served the same purpose for all of them; to change thier life for the better and make them feel way more confident about themselves.

In my opinion, you have gyne. You don't have to have boobs that completely resemble those of a girl to have this condition.

You can get a flat chest through surgery, if that is what you want.

Offline MX

• Posting Member
Ok so I called the office today, and im set up for the op on july 27 which is a week from now.

the total cost for me is 4165

I asked the doctor if I had to wear a compression vest, and he said it would not be needed. Although he said after the operation, I would be wrapped up in a Ace Wrap for 2 days.

do you think not wearing a compression vest would reduce my operation success?

Offline frozen

• Bronze Member
Your surgeon obviously thinks a compression vest is not neccessary so I suppose you should take his word for it!

My surgeon fits a very tight compression vest for the first week I think, thereafter I think I switch to a stage 2 vest or something which is slightly less tight. From what I've heard from other people on the forum, thier chest starts to swell up after they take thier compression vest off so they keep it on for a little while longer than advised.

I'm not sure what to tell you, but after all of the research I've done I'm personally glad I've got 2 compression vests that I can wear interchangably depending on my progess! Good luck dude :)

Offline MX

• Posting Member
thanks frozen

i cant wait until monday! lol

13genof

Why is that guy on here with the severe case of gynecomastia, and he has excepted the fact that he has it, BECAUSE HE SAID IT ALL!! Gynecomastia bothers the person with it more than anyone else.

It is great that some people can get their gynecomastia taken care of surgically, and it is also great that some people can except theirs, and live with it.

MY case in point, there are plenty of people with minor conditions that are not health threats (AS IS GYNECOMASTIA) that live with their condition and they are not ridiculed for living with their condition!

So why does everyone who lives with and excepts their gynecomastia get ridiculed and called trolls and weirdos, do you call someone with PORT WINE STAINS ON THEIR FACE TROLLS AND WERIDOS!

It is no different!

8)

13genof

I am proud of you and agree with what you said!  There are a lot of shallow people on this planet, and trust me I feel sorry for them, they are making so much out of nothing!

8)

Offline MX

• Posting Member
ok so its 4:00 am and I cant sleep, been sleeping all day so I decided to post my status.

Had surgery yesterday around 2:00pm

They put the iv in me and i was watching tv for about 2 hours, then they took me to the operating room, put some more iv in me and within 2 minutes i was knocked out cold.

When I woke up, I was in the recovery room with heavy pain. The doctor put more iv in me.

Even now, it still hurts a little when I walk around, so I tend to stay put. The pain is not sharp, its like a sore pain.

They wrapped me in a ace wrap real good and told me I cant shower for 48 hours. Im pretty sure the doc changed his mind and told me to wear a compression vest.

The shirt I always DARED to wear when I had gynecomastia looks great on me even with the ace wrap on and it makes me feel so good. My boobs do not stick out farther than my stomach anymore, which is a great feeling!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Im very very happy I got this surgery over with, because now I can finally do so much more things in life. Shirts vs skins sports, beaches, pools, looking good in t-shirts, and such a higher self confidence level. Also, a girl never wants a guys breasts to flap more than hers when the couple is having sex. Well at least not the girls I was interested in.

Some people may accept the fact that they have gynecomastia and deal with it, so more power to them, but I encourage anyone who ever considered surgery to get it done. Its the only way to get rid of the curse.

I will update more with pictures after the 48 hour mark when I can take a shower.

KAG: My diet is well in check. Due to my job having me walk around for 7 hours a day, ive been slowly losing weight. Breasts and buttocks are normally the first to go.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:22:48 AM by MX »

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
You might want to consider wearing a compression vest for longer than 2 days... just a bit of advice. It's better for the long-term result. I was instructed to wear mine for 3-4 weeks. As of right now, I'm almost 4 months post-op and I'm extremely happy with my results so far. All I have left is what is called a "healing ridge" which is basically some vertical swelling directly under the incision scars on the areola. I'll probably see the final result of my surgery within the next 2-4 months.

Obviously your PS knows more than I do... but my PS has everyone wear compression vests for almost a month afterwards. It keeps the swelling down and helps to hasten the healing process.

Offline i_dont_know

• Silver Member
Just curious, titmouse....

If you are so confident and OK with your condition, what made you sign up for this website? I'd think that if you were completely carefree about it and it didn't bother you, you wouldn't have searched for a forum like this. Or at least I wouldn't think so...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024