Author Topic: Before and after pics from NHS Operation - Dissapointed and scared.  (Read 5174 times)

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
http://img199.imageshack.us/i/ecp00086.jpg/
http://img156.imageshack.us/i/ecp00083.jpg/
http://img151.imageshack.us/i/ecp00088.jpg/

http://img156.imageshack.us/i/ecp00091.jpg/
http://img196.imageshack.us/i/ecp00092.jpg/
http://yfrog.com/7hecp00093j

After the op when i was having the drains out a blood clot occured and the right side of my chest grew as big as a DD breast and i had to have an emergency op.
The nipples look stretched and far worse than before, i know there will be swelling on them put c'mon i cant see this improoving much.The tissue seems to be the same as before but im suspecting that is swelling, before the swelling occured i took a look at my chest and it looked pretty much flat.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:47:57 PM by BakedBeanz »
Does anyone know where to buy Compression vests from in the UK? please message me.

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Can you describe the procedure you had? It seems to me that the doc cut the whole nipple and reattached it afterwards (lipo, excision?)

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
Can you describe the procedure you had? It seems to me that the doc cut the whole nipple and reattached it afterwards (lipo, excision?)
Thats what he did

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
now come on....nips are no reason to consider suicide. Where do you live. You need to visit a different doctor. Formulate a plan to get revision surgery and you will be better than ever. Make a plan. Even if it takes another year or so that is not really a long time.

By summer you could be on the beach without a shirt. Hang on.

Offline jawadshah

• Posting Member
Hello my friend,
 You are not looking that bad, it is perfectly fine and it would definately be better after few months just wait for it to settle down.I have a similar case like this, and please there is nothing to think about commiting suicide on it. Do not worry please..

Offline balalayka

• Silver Member
Hey buddy, forget the suicide thing ! Yes it does look bad now any operation like this will look bad right after but let's wait and see. After everything heels we can consider what options you have to fix whatever is left. For the time being, hit the gym. It will boost your self esteem and help you get healthy. Good luck dude and keep us posted.

Offline BakedBeanz

• Posting Member
1 hour before the surgery Dr Achuthan came to see me and said hes changed his mind and he thought that this type of OP will give me the best results.

Offline IL Dude

Don't know what NHS is exactly, but I was very disappointed from my results.
It actually looked even worse than before the op.
I am 1.5 months post op and only now I can see some improvement, so... have some patience.

Offline nippleboy5

• Posting Member
the gland is definetly gone..its just the areola part that needs to be fixed

Offline KAG

• Posting Member
Please hang in there and see what happens and how you look in a few months.

Please post up the doctor and his info so no one else makes the mistake of going to him!

Unfortuneately surgery is very risky because unless you know your doctors skill level you can expect more than he can do.

I know this is tough stuff to deal with but buck up and deal with it! Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. You do something like that and the breasts took everything and WIN.   

Get your mind focused on something else for now. I know where you are at because i myself have been there. You put your trust in a doctor and he totally let you down.

I want you to completely ignore this problem for a few days and TAKE A BREAK from this mess. God Bless you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Please post up the doctor and his info so no one else makes the mistake of going to him!

1 hour before the surgery Dr Achuthan came to see me and said hes changed his mind and he thought that this type of OP will give me the best results.

GB...

Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

BakedBeanz...

Is Dr. Achuthan a Plastic Surgeon or a General Surgeon? How long has he been performing the procedure and how many does he do a year?

Do you get to choose your surgeon on the NHS, or does someone else assign one for you?

GB...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 08:36:14 PM by Grandpa Bambu »

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Actually, I did some quick research on Google...

Your doctor's full name is Rajgopal Achuthan...

Qualified: Delhi, India 1992.

Qualifications: MBBS, PhD, FRCS.   General Surgery and Breast and Oncoplastic/Reconstructive Surgery

Sounds like to me that Dr. Achuthan does not have much GRS (Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery) experience and that his main area of expertise is breast cancer surgery.

GB...

Offline buster72

• Posting Member
BakedBeanz...

am i correct in assuming that nhs- is a nationalized health system abroad?  if so did you pay for your surgery?

Listen, i have seen your pictures and some of the responses.  please keep in mind that this board is rife with second guessers and people who believe themselves to be experts on the matter because they had the surgery. 

so lets back back to your results.  are they optimal- no, not at this point anyway.  is there a bright side?  i think so.  first all it appears that your nipples may have been exposed to more trauma than the average person's surgery.  thus i would expects more swelling.  second, it does not appear that the doctor was not overly aggressive with the gland or lipo.  this can be corrected- it is much easier to take more out than to put it back in.  thirdly, if needed down the road there is correctlive surgery for your nipples.  take a look at dr bermant's website.

what's done is done so dont dwell on it- i know easy for me to say, but i have spent much too much time post op thinking whether i made the right choice in my surgeon.  i have had the surgery and have been up and down with the results- like alot of the people on this board.  if you need any support please feel free to shoot me a message.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024