Author Topic: First step ....  (Read 2703 times)

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Had my consultation with karidis last wed, deposit paid now im finally going ahead and gettin rid of these suckers,hes a busy man though as i thought
i might have got op this october or november,but dec it is ,least it gives me more time to save more cash ,ill stay overnight in a hotel hopefully so if any one can recommend
one within walking distance to st johns,ill be gratefull.

If it was not for this board though i doubt id have made the move[had consultation with harley med years ago but never went through with it]  ,so a big thanks to all that has went before me and shared there experiance. :)

cant bloody wait....

Offline creative

• Bronze Member
Dude...December? This has to be the best Xmas ever for you!! ;)

I wish you all the best. It might be worthwhile reading up and stocking up on the various things you may need to combat swelling/bruising etc. I think i read somewhere that having pineapple juice a couple of weeks before helped even more with recovery (just little things like that).

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
Well i hope so,cant imagin what itll feel like moobless ;D,they given me arnica tabs and yeah ,ive got my protein powders,and ill be stuffin fresh pineapples into my mouth after it too  :),cheers dude.

Offline JugsyMalone

• Posting Member
Really pleased for you.  You will go through the sweetest emotions as soon as the anaesthetic has worn off.  I'm 8 days post-op with Karidis, and am welcoming each new day.  Gotta learn how to walk/stand now though after years of doing the "moob hunch".  I've to wear the compression vest for a further week, and am just waiting for the bruises/swelling to subside.  Bet you can't wait to reach the "other side", eh? 

Best of luck matie, JM  ;D

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
The moob hunch lol,ive been wondering about the anashtetic and how long itll take to wear off,i know it depends on each individual /size/weight ect....but on the night after the op [im in at 7.30 am] will i still be f$^&cked ?

How did you guys feel ? apart from over the moon lol.

Offline tobeborn

• Posting Member
good news mate, you're in good hands with karidis

i'd already had surgery (septoplasty) before gyne surgery so had anaesthetic previously. that time it left me groggy for a few days. however after surgery with karidis i was up and about after about 3 hours, feeling great and never really felt any effects from it after. of course it will vary person to person but i expected it to be much worse.

many others have said and i agree that healing with karidis is very good. you will be as 'flat as a pancake' as karidis says and IMO/ experience the result you see after surgery is your result after the short period of healing, which with karidis should be a very good result.

i'm now 5 weeks post op and have slight tenderness on stretching and slight soreness to my right side under the armpit if i'm sleeping on that side. nothing too major. do get some large 5cm x 5cm or so waterproof bandages as you need a few more than they give once you start washing, stock up on fresh pineapple near the time and eat plenty of veg and meat if you can.

Offline thetodd

i agree with everything posted, except for the protein powders. Honestley youl be out of action doing virtually no exercise if you have a protein shake your bodys just going to turn it all into fat. Good luck with the surgery .. you dont need it though ;)
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline phantom51red

• Posting Member
cheers guys,yeah thats what karidis said .."flat as a pancake" ,
hmm maybe ill just have one shake a day a few days after then ,for the nutriants and vits,would
the shakes not help me keep muscle size as i wont be doing exercise ? thats what i was thinking anyhows .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024