Author Topic: New to this and need some help  (Read 1718 times)

Offline confuseddotcom

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone,

I always thought that I had a problem however until I heard of Gyne I never knew that it actually existed and there are a whole load of people out there suffering in the same way.

I am overweight however I know that I had the problem before I started gaining weight, I 1st noticed when I reached puberty, if anything the weight is now just a cover up.

Now that I have found this site it has given me some real inspiration to lose weight and then have an op to sort out the issue as I think I've been keeping it in the dark for too long however I just wanted to know whether there is anyway you can actually be diagnosed with Gyne just to make sure that I definately have it?

I haven't asked my GP however I suppose that would be a good place to start although everyone on here has some great info and tips that has really given me some inspiration.

I also just wanted to mention that I live in London in the UK so if anyone knows if the whole 'doctor' thing works differently here could you please let me know?

Thanks.

:)

Offline thetodd

Doctors opinions differ nationwide, but you will almost certainley be reffered to a breast clinic at your local hospital where they will diagnose you. You could post pics, there are some surgeons on here! but youd be better off going through the NHS and perhaps getting surgery on the NHS!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline confuseddotcom

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply!

I have been Reading through this site today and it's already a comfort knowing I'm not alone! Ihave been Reading some seriously bad stories about the Nhs and may try and avoid them, so many peopleon here who have private surgery are much happier, I think I'd rather pay for a good jobas am op will entirely change my life!

Is there any way I can feel the difference between the fatty tissue and the gland...?

Cheers :-)

Offline thetodd

lie down and use youre thumb and index finger to feel behind the nipple /\ like that and squeeze (not to far just around the nip)

you should be able to feel a small amount of gland, before i had the surgery i felt the size of a grape but now ive had it you can feel it but its way way small and thinner. Its hard to explain ... but if you feel a large amount of gland (not fat) you probally have gyne

its not a bullet proof method, but it should give you an insight!

if you want to pay for surgery have a look at the link in my signature, there are some amazing private surgeons in the UK! But for my money id go with Alex karidis

gl
TheTodd

Offline confuseddotcom

• Posting Member
I'll have to give that a go later on! Thanks for the advice mate!

Since looking on here I have seen loads of happy people with Karidis so I googled him and he seems very experienced, I think I'll definately go private when I look into surgery, so many people seem unhappy with the NHS and I can only imagine the results you'll have afterwards. It's easy for me aswell because I live in London so will be able to organise transport and everything easily.

I am going to wait for surgery until I am at the weight I want to keep in the future because I believe that will definately play a part in the size of my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024