Author Topic: N.H.S Update  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Hi all, just an update on how things are going, i was lucky enough to get a cancellation to see the plastic surgeon ( helped by all the phone calls to his secretary!) i saw Dr Watson(P.S) yesterday 20.10.09, the purpose of this appointment was to discuss the operation and what it would involve, he was really helpful and put me at ease, he told me i was looking at an 8 - 10 weeks time for surgery, when he asked me if i had any questions i asked if there would there be any chance of a cancellation happening, he then said ' Can you make it in next Wednesday'?, i nearly fell at his feet, definitely i said amazing, i was in shock, for the past 20 years this has affected me and now in a matter of days this is gonny be all over, sorted work today so it's all systems go, still cant take it in. I know there has been a lot of negative issues on here surrounding the N.H.S , and over the past 18 months i have felt despondant at times, but at the moment i cannot fault them, only praise them, my advice is to anyone pursuing this horrendous condition through the N.H.S keep going , keep fighting it and stay focused. I hope to be on before Wednesday, I forgot to ask him in the mad panic about the compression vest and will i get one or will i bring my own?, the pre op sister who carried out my pre op assessment said they will provide me with one, again very nice, Photographs all taken and its all systems go. Cant wait, If anyone can give me any helpful suggestions regarding pre and post op i would be really grateful. Sorry for my rambling but i still find it hard to take in!!!!!! ;)

Offline Gaz30

• Posting Member
Sorry i forgot to say, he said he would use Liposuction to correct it and almost all of the time this is sufficient to correct it, failing that at the extreme they would the operate and remove the gland?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024