Author Topic: Kardis after op  (Read 4967 times)

Offline zack33

• Posting Member
Hi

Just gone 1 week after op, been wearing the black garment since then, its been off twice for 15 mins when i showered.

the problem is i can't really sleep with the garment on , and i've been told you wear it 4 weeks

Is that 4 weeks non-stop 24/7 or can you take it off for a while after 1 week to give your self a rest.

thanks

Offline paint58

• Posting Member
Hi Zack, congrats on the op,great feeling, im one week post op as well, I was told to wear it constant for 2 weeks then a further 2 weeks just at night, I just take it off for a shower and  a breather about 30 mins a day.  :)

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
how did the op go then zack? must be hard sleepin on ur back

Offline zack33

• Posting Member
how did the op go then zack? must be hard sleepin on ur back

It went great i was in room 9 last thursday, i've been ok upto this morning i've got just some bruising just around the area above the stomach and under the breat area and the vest seems to dig into it, i've not been able to sleep well as i've also got a sore and very sensertive right nipple area where i was punched about 20ys at school ,the punch hit dead on in the centre, its been sore/sensertive ever since i find it hard to wear tight clothes due to rubbing

I told Dr. Karidis about this and i'm hoping the problem has been solved it feels a little less sensertive/sore, but fingers crossed. if not i've get it X-rayed at my NHS hospital and see what can be done

The chest is looking good, will put pics up, I've got to learn not to yawn or sneeze as the brusing hurts a little (sharp pinch), I've still to get rid of Dr Karadis pencil marks where he drew on me

Can something go wrong if i stoppped wearing the vest now, I've been told to wear it at night for a week
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 02:11:45 PM by zack33 »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thats great mate im hoping to go with karidis soon. ye please post some pics on here as it gives me the drive to get it done! this site is great.

im hoping to get it done this year when i sort out the finances.

good luck with the recovery!!

Offline thetodd

Keep on wearing it mate, its uncomfortable but it stops the scar tissue. And having wore the vest for a week only i cant help but thing if i wore it more i wouldnt have scar tissue 7months down the line. I dont know how much of a difference it really makes but trust me its a major pain in the arse massaging the scar tissue whenever i can.

Maybe pick up sports compresion vest, just get a really tight one!

Good luck with the recovery
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline zack33

• Posting Member
Hi all

9 days after op

I've taken a few pics of me after op, one thing i;ve noticed is that the right breast area is slightly bigger thant the left

the left area is completely flat but the right area is bigger, I mentioned this to the nurse at the time and she said it will go down over time

But its fat how can it go down, did Dr Karadis miss a bit.

I've tryed to take some pictures as you can see from the side pic, the left breast flat, but you can see the right area bulging out.

Should i re-book a op th get that rest of the fat removed

also

i get a sharp pain running through my left breast area time to time

Hate the vest i'm wearing for 10 hrs at night and i few hrs a day but its tight as hell i need the XL one bellys too big

My belly and love handles, can that be made flat without lipo or should i get that done by Karadis.

thanks for helping so far people

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
good result mate! cant see no gland there at all or any difference! have u got any before pics then?

also as reguarding the belly weight i think u should now work out to get rid of that and a good diet. u should nt have any surgery to get rid of that.

also i would keep the garment on as long as possible other people have had problems

Offline paint58

• Posting Member
Zack, try keeping the vest on as long as possible as postliey said, the first month is cruical,my right hand side still bigger than left but its slowly going down, i saw my ps this week, he said not to worry as it could take 2 to 3 months for sweeling to go, I am 51 , so healing I guess takes longer.The vest will help with that makes it settle even, dont panic , give it time, hope this helps stop your worrying.

Offline thetodd

It will take more than 3 months to be healed the swelling will go down but you will be left with scar tissue. Make sure you massage at the three week point and in reality it can take for 2 years to be completley healed (the surgeons dont like to say this however). As for belly fat/love handles yes you can lose the weight but it will take time and proper diet/exercise to get rid of it

Dont get plastic surgery on your belly etc youl just be left out of proportion. Get a diet regime and stick to it go down the gym and they will go with time!

Offline zack33

• Posting Member
Ok

Pre Op photos

New photos from today  11 Days after op

I've had a shower and i've shaved my chest, shoulders and back, as i had'nt for 2 weeks and it felt funny (i body shave once a week, you feel fresh and clean)

also if i do suffer from tissue scaring should i book for re-surgrey

I've took 4 weeks unpaid leave off work to get better

thats it

Goals for 2010

Excercise like mad to get my stomach like a washboard

get weight down to 10 Stone (i'm 12 stone at the moment)

Laser hair removel of back shoulders chest,belly hair
Teeth whiten and strighten
EOS 5D Mk2  (24-105 L IS USM)
2006 Jaguar XKR

Zack 32 (I.T.)

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:03:39 PM by zack33 »

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
well done on the op mate can see a big difference u should be chuffed. how happy are u on a scale of 1 to 10 ten being really happy of course?

good luck in getting ur weight down as for the rest of the things u want done, that should be a walk in the park compared to gyne surgery.

has anyone noticed the difference since u have had surgery?

Offline wannabemassive

• Bronze Member
Hey Zack33

Your looking great now. ;D

Your belly and love handle will go with diet and exercise. Grab yourself a personal trainer and let him/her do the hard bit you just do what your told.

As for the teeth straighting i went to Q-clinic on harley street in london and got invisalign my teeth are nearly straight and it has only been 8months, my full treatment is only 46weeks then i can have massive smile. this treatment would have cost me £4500 three years ago i got it on special offer £1500. Sometimes i love the recession. You can find bargains out there.

Wannabemassive

TRAIN HARD LIVE LONG

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024