Author Topic: How much Body Fat  (Read 3041 times)

Offline indian

• Posting Member
Dear Friends Hello and a very Happy New year to all...

I hope 2010 we all get rid of our Gyne problem and start enjoying life to its fullest.
My Surgeon told me that by loosing weight my moobs will sag so its better to get operated at the current weight itself.

But I guess Doctors always say to loose weight before going on for surgery..I have attached my pics and can you people tell me I should loose weight then go in for surgery or go right now itself..My height is 5'5"..Weight is 80 kilos

DrBermant

Dear Friends Hello and a very Happy New year to all...

I hope 2010 we all get rid of our Gyne problem and start enjoying life to its fullest.
My Surgeon told me that by loosing weight my moobs will sag so its better to get operated at the current weight itself.

But I guess Doctors always say to loose weight before going on for surgery..I have attached my pics and can you people tell me I should loose weight then go in for surgery or go right now itself..My height is 5'5"..Weight is 80 kilos

What terrible advice from any medical doctor! Don't lose excessive weight because skin is going to sag?  Check out that doctor's before and after pictures of similar cases and see if that is a look you like.  Unless you misunderstood what he / she was saying, that sounds like someone best to avoid at all costs.

The problem is that Male Fat Pattern extends around the chest, under the arms, and around the back.  Plastic Surgery is not a good tool for a global fat problem.

I advise my patients to get to a weight / body fat percentage they are comfortable with before considering surgery.  A BMI Calculator does not differentiate between fat, muscle, and bone.  Body Fat Calculators can help with the fat percentage and are better at helping with the fat component.

For those with too much body fat, Weight Loss Before Gynecomastia Surgery can help with the fat, but not the gland.  However, you cannot pick where your fat comes from.

The biggest change I have noticed over the years, is that patients who lose weight tell me that they feel so much better about themselves. It often changes the front to a degree, but the sides and back can see a major benefit from getting the excess total body fat under control.

Plastic Surgery is not a good jump start tool for weight loss.  I have seen disasters from patients from other doctors with deformities from significant weight loss after their surgery.  Men tend to put fat on first in the belly and chest bands.  We tend to take of those areas last.  Early surgery and depending on weight loss to predictably change the body is a nasty gamble.  No Surgery Body Shaping Garments are a better temporizing choice.

As a surgical sculptor, I view weight loss as a coarse tool and my plastic surgery as a refinement tool.  I prefer to use the coarse tool first, and then my sculpture for refinement.

For those having compromise surgery before (or without) weight loss, try to check out before and after pictures from many different angles.  (You should carefully evaluate results with more than just one or 2 views for each patient, especially if those views change from patient to patient. Plastic Surgery is not an alternative to losing weight.  A fat person will still look like a fat person, just one with smaller breasts.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia

Offline decimal

• Silver Member
As mentioned above, I recommend losing weight before surgery too. I used to have massive breasts before I started weight training and lost about 50 lbs. 

At my earlier weight, I doubt I could have achieved any result even remotely satisfying if I had opted for surgery back then.

I am from India too. Which doctor did you consult?

Offline zane949

• Bronze Member
Agreed with decimal and Dr. Bermant, you should get to a weight you are comfortable with before surgery, then your result will be much better.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024