Author Topic: Question about NHS Referal.  (Read 2970 times)

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
This is proberly a stupid question but im going to ask it anyway ;D.

Can you skip going to see a Doctor and go straight and see a surgeon without a referal?

Also another question has anybody had success in east london or london area?

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

DrBermant

This is proberly a stupid question but im going to ask it anyway ;D.

Can you skip going to see a Doctor and go straight and see a surgeon without a referal?

Also another question has anybody had success in east london or london area?

Jake

I see many UK gynecomastia patients, none have needed a referral. However, how the NHS system works itself seems to vary from different parts of the UK. Patients who travel to see me are usually frustrated with what they have found there and or prefer my technique / skills.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
hey jakeyboy! i went to the drs who then passed me on to a surgeon who charged me a hundred and ten pounds lol. who only really told me what the dr had said a few weeks before.

plus with the drs u get the blood tests for free, i personally would want these checked before u even begin to think of anything else. u might end up gettin it all sorted only to find something is wrong then they wont do the surgery. chances are slim mind

sounds to me as if u know u have gyno and u want rid! the only problem is if u go the nhs route the dr needs to apply for funding for u then he will talk to their panel and convince them. im not 100% but pretty sure thats the case.

any reason why u wanna skip the dr

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Cheers,
The only reason i would want to skip a doctor is because..
1: Some are sometimes thick as s..t and just cant seem to understand the problem, and
2: Im realy busy with work and hardly have time to visit one,

I know for a fact its Gyno i have never been obeist in my life and it is just a fat glandl next to no fat at all.

Also my local hospital have done gynecomastia surgery soo im not sure if this is a benifit but i hope soo.

The only reason im thinkin about the NHS path is because i cannot afoard to pay for it aloan otherwise i would,
Hopefully they agree That i do indeed need it done ;D.

I went to the doctor early last year and told him about it he sent me of for blood test but i never went and got them done.
Do you think he would of considered me for surgery? I regret not getting the test's done now i could be gyno free >:(

DrBermant are you a NHS surgeon? say if i went via the NHS could i get the surgery done with you?

Cheers postiey for the info :)

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
yep i think ur right mate my dr pissed me right off! i went and showed him the problem he diagnosed me with gyno and said u can get it fixed but not on the nhs.

that was my dr tho some people have had good experiences with the nhs!

i definetly think it is worth a shot if u cant afford private, get ur bloods done first then see what they say.i think u will have to lay it on heavy how it affects ur day to day life but im guessing thats what u feeling anyway.

even tho i have the money for surgery it frustrates me so much i cant get this done on the nhs, when i know for a fact they are giving women boob jobs for free. anyway not worth the rant!

good luck to u mate!

Offline kingboob

Cheers,
The only reason i would want to skip a doctor is because..
1: Some are sometimes thick as s..t and just cant seem to understand the problem, and
2: Im realy busy with work and hardly have time to visit one,

I know for a fact its Gyno i have never been obeist in my life and it is just a fat glandl next to no fat at all.

Also my local hospital have done gynecomastia surgery soo im not sure if this is a benifit but i hope soo.

The only reason im thinkin about the NHS path is because i cannot afoard to pay for it aloan otherwise i would,
Hopefully they agree That i do indeed need it done ;D.

I went to the doctor early last year and told him about it he sent me of for blood test but i never went and got them done.
Do you think he would of considered me for surgery? I regret not getting the test's done now i could be gyno free >:(

DrBermant are you a NHS surgeon? say if i went via the NHS could i get the surgery done with you?

Cheers postiey for the info :)
#

If you want to go the NHS route then you will need to get a referral from your GP to the consultant surgeon or his team - that is the way it usually works.

You will also need to get the blood tests done and some guys have even been subjected to further tests.

If you don't get anywhere with one GP then go and see another (there isn't exactly a shortage of GP's to choose from in most areas), even switch GP surgeries if you have to.

And of course Bermant isn't an NHS surgeon, the NHS wouldn't fund people to go to the states to get plastic or cosmetic surgery when we have  Drs already here working within the NHS who can do the job (supposedly).   However if you are going to get the money together and go private then going abroad is always an option for you.

If you want surgery on the NHS then unfortunately it is going to take a bit of time and effort, and even then there is no guarantee of getting it funded.

Offline thedomino

• Posting Member
I got surgery on the NHS last wednesday, theve done a great job! sounds like i was one of the lucky ones. Doctor straight away referred me to the plastics team at my local hospital 'Russells Hall' in the West Midlands. Surgeon there called Mr Mohan was amazing.

I reckon if i hadnt cancelled lots of appointments (because im at uni in wales so couldnt get back) then from start to finish, id probs have been operated on within 6 months

TD

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024