Author Topic: Gyno or Fat?  (Read 11438 times)

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
Hey guys

The past 40 days I have been on a cutting diet, and lifting weights and doing cardio.  I have dropped about 17 pounds.  

Why is my right side chest fat substantially more than my left, any cause for this?  I have noticed my chest fat is decreased since I lost this 17 pounds but as you can see there is still a lot left.  Is this gyno or just fat?  

It honestly just feels like its fat but this gyno stuff is getting me worried.  I know I still have a lot of fat to lose but I just want some opinions    

I'm 5'9 @ 195 lbs, I'm hoping once I get to around 170 lbs my chest should be more flat.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 06:15:02 PM by lezgetitdone »

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
Some other things.

Honestly my left side chest doesn't look like I have that bad of a man boob, atleast to me?

But for some reason on my body, my right bicep is bigger, right leg is bigger, etc.  Could this be a reason why ?

DrBermant

Hey guys

The past 40 days I have been on a cutting diet, and lifting weights and doing cardio.  I have dropped about 17 pounds.  

Why is my right side chest fat substantially more than my left, any cause for this?  I have noticed my chest fat is decreased since I lost this 17 pounds but as you can see there is still a lot left.  Is this gyno or just fat?  

It honestly just feels like its fat but this gyno stuff is getting me worried.  I know I still have a lot of fat to lose but I just want some opinions    

I'm 5'9 @ 195 lbs, I'm hoping once I get to around 170 lbs my chest should be more flat.

Thanks!

Losing Weight can Help with the Fat of Gynecomastia, residual gland and sometimes skin can remain contour factors.

Uneven or Asymmetrical Gynecomastia  is quite common. It is usually a factor of uneven gynecomastia than unilateral or one sided.

Being patient until a patient is happy with his weight is much better than rushing out into surgery. Losing weight is a coarse tool. Plastic Surgery is best reserved for refinement.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
gyne.  fat doesn't localize like that.  working out will never get rid of it. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
im pretty sure working out WILL get rid of it. 

Im at around 25% body fat.  Once im at 15% it might still have some shape there but much less fat.

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
everyone take a look at this guy.

It looks like in his before pics he had some gyne.  In his after the shape is still there but with all that body fat gone it doesn't seem that bad at that weight.

Thoughts/ opinions on this?

That is what I am trying to get, a low body fat.

DrBermant

It looks like in his before pics he had some gyne.  In his after the shape is still there but with all that body fat gone it doesn't seem that bad at that weight.

How weight loss will affect a chest will depend on the individual composition of that chest. Check the Anatomy of Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia. Weight loss can help with the fat component. Reducing the fat can unmask the residual gland as demonstrated in those pictures. When the gland component is trivial, that alone can be enough. For others, the residual small gland even at extremely low weight as in this Bodybuilder Gynecomastia is still a contour issue.  For most, weight loss before surgery is better than weight loss after surgery. The exception is for those with a  crater deformity defect from bad gynecomastia surgery or those with extremely low body fat. In these cases too low a body fat can deplete resources for sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
hello dr.

what do you mean by "when the component is trivial" ?  Are you saying it all depends on everyones body?

In my case I have been overweight a majority of my life, from age 10-21.

I heard lifting weights on the upper portion of your chest will help "stretch" the skin out more as you lose fat.  have you heard of this?

regards,

Offline thetodd

Thats the beauty of camera angles, thats probally the most flattering shots he could choose and hes flexing! Previous pics were straight on and side angle, most unflattering angles!

If you seen that lad with his arms to his side youd see the glands clearly, to keep a low body fat is going to be very hard as you get older. If you want to get rid of them start saving for surgery. A lot of us lads have tried dieting/bodybuilding and i can tell you hand on heart all its going to make you do is feel shit about your gyne and paranoid about your body having a low BF makes the gyne more apparent so does weightlifting
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
I'm sure I have pseudo gyno (just fat)  I have been overweight most of my life, and when I feel my chest area the fat there feels the same as my stomach, and it is getting smaller and smaller.  There are a lot of people on bb.com that have had sagging chests and thought they had gyno but after diet and exercise they have completely lost them.  In other words they had pseduo gyne.

lez

DrBermant

hello dr.

what do you mean by "when the component is trivial" ?  Are you saying it all depends on everyones body?

In my case I have been overweight a majority of my life, from age 10-21.

I heard lifting weights on the upper portion of your chest will help "stretch" the skin out more as you lose fat.  have you heard of this?

regards,

When gland size is so small that it has no contribution to the deformity of the gynecomastia, then removing the gland makes little sense.

Lifting weight can help build muscle. As the muscle builds, it can fill a loose skin envelope. For normal non sagging skin, expanding built muscle can stretch the skin. I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia, many complain that as they build their muscles, what sits on top of the muscle just gets pushed out further.

I'm sure I have pseudo gyno (just fat)  I have been overweight most of my life, and when I feel my chest area the fat there feels the same as my stomach, and it is getting smaller and smaller.  There are a lot of people on bb.com that have had sagging chests and thought they had gyno but after diet and exercise they have completely lost them.  In other words they had pseduo gyne.

lez

Pseudogynecomastia is a poor term. Learn why by going to that page I set up to explain why. Losing weight can help with the fat component but not the gland. After major weight loss sagging skin and Male Chest Ptosis or Drooping can be a factor.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless

Im at around 25% body fat.  Once im at 15% it might still have some shape there but much less fat.

if i didn't keep my identity private on this board, i'd bet you a ben franklin right now  ;)  

you have standard ovoid masses, around 6 cm high and maybe 15-20 long.  the rest of you looks normal.  if you lose weight, which you should anyway, it will make it a little more prominent instead of less.  

get going on the weight, then get yourself an op by a competent ps.  

DrBermant

Im at around 25% body fat.  Once im at 15% it might still have some shape there but much less fat.

if i didn't keep my identity private on this board, i'd bet you a ben franklin right now  ;)  

you have standard ovoid masses, around 6 cm high and maybe 15-20 long.  the rest of you looks normal.  if you lose weight, which you should anyway, it will make it a little more prominent instead of less.  

get going on the weight, then get yourself an op by a competent ps.  

The size of the gland removed during gynecomastia surgery is really difficult to predict, even by Examination of the Male Chest. I have been doing this for decades. You can see my predictions on the many before surgery maps on my website. The inner circle is my guess for the gland component. Matching that image with the gland removed for each patient shows how good my "guess" was although the gland on the chest is a little artificial. The fingers of gland that go through fingers of fat as seen in this Anatomy of Gynecomastia are real for most patients. A gland out of the fat is a little like a jellyfish out of water. But such pictures are the best I can do short of asking for an unnecessary Male Mammogram, wasted radiation and cost, unless there are clinical factors on my hands on examination.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD

Offline lezgetitdone

• Posting Member
well then what about this guy?  Can he ever fully lose his chest area?  Thoughts/ opinion?

Offline thetodd

You cant rely on individual cases, im sure youve got a picture of an amazing transformation but it doesnt change anything.

If you think you can lose the weight, then go for it no-ones stopping you. But i think your in denial mate we've all been there none of us have had surgery as a quick fix, its the only option 99.9% of the time

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024