Author Topic: 34's Pre-Op and Post-Op Photos  (Read 10478 times)

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
Below are my pre-op photos.  Like I may have mentioned in previous posts, I consider my case to be 'severe' given my slight stature (5'-5", 140lbs) and the extreme asymmetry.  Concealing my condition over the past 20 years, during the prime of my youth, was a challenging task, to say the least.  You wouldn’t have caught me in just a single t-shirt very often and I went only kicking-and-screaming to the beach or the pool.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
Here I am, in my compression vest, 6-days post-op.  As of today, I have not peeked yet.  My doctor strongly recommended against unzipping the vest, under any circumstances, until my 1-week post-op appointment.

More pictures to follow later this week once the vest can start coming off for showers!

Offline fluffy_tits

• Gold Member
well you def. look flatter!! congrads man!  I know you have higher boost of confidence now huh?

check out mine if yah want!

Fluffy( o )v( o )...
My before and after surgery pics: Leave a comment if you look!! (HAD THE WRONG LINK UP! THIS IS THE ONE WITH ALL THE PICS)
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=19342.0

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
You're right, I feel really flat.  And very SKINNY all of a sudden (even with the vest on).

It's strange, just spent a few hours out and about in public doing some errands.  And for some reason, I am feeling very self-conscious.  I'd imagine that I will start getting over that pretty quick.  Especially with the summer coming and knowing that I can now wear ANYTHING I want!

Offline 91deejay

• Posting Member
It's looking great!  I know the temptation to peek all too well!  It looks as if your flatter chest has made your whole torso look thinner as well.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
I agree.  All the more reason that I will be back in the gym as soon as I am cleared.  I'll need to start bulking up again.  It will be great knowing that hard work in the gym can actually yield results that I will be happy with.  Back when I used to be in the gym a lot, I could get all areas of my body looking good, except my chest.

Offline fcjacobs

• Posting Member
Money well spent! Soon you be in T shirts feeling great. Just take it easy. I remember lifting my arms up caused searing pain.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
Money well spent! Soon you be in T shirts feeling great. Just take it easy. I remember lifting my arms up caused searing pain.

How long after the surgery were you feeling pain when you lifted your arms?  I am 8 days post-op today and feel like I have close to 80% range of motion back in my arms.  Today is my first post-op appointment with the surgeon.  I'll be able to find out exactly how I'm doing so far.  It's kind of exciting, I haven't taken the vest off yet.  Not even for a quick peek.  I've been too paranoid about messing up the alignment.

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
Ok!  Back from my 8-day post-op check-up appointment.  The doctor said everything looked great!  And I agree!  

The bonus good news is that he told me that I could start taking daily showers with the vest OFF and take the vest off for short periods.  One of those short periods is right now as I WASH the vest.  That thing was starting to stink bad!  I plan to wash it every 3-4 days now that I can remove it.

Here are my 8-day post-op pictures!

Time to get back in the gym!

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
Had a scare last night!

When I was taking the pictures you see above, I was also washing my vest along with some other laundry.  I knew that I probably shouldn't leave it in the dryer for very long so I didn't.

By the time I took it out of the dryer, I was racing to get it back on.  For some reason, I felt very vulnerable with it off, even for just the 1.5 hours it took to wash/dry.  So when I went to put it back on, I couldn't even get it around my body to zip it up!  I had to call my wife in to help me.  I had shrunk the heck out of the thing!  Luckily she was able to help and get me back in the vest.

I was upset all night knowing that I shrunk it and that I was going to need Mrs. 34 to help me every morning after my long-awaited shower!  Was I not going to be able to shower STILL?

LUCKILY, the vest loosened up over-night and I was able to easily put it back on after my shower this morning!  FINALLY feeling clean and fresh at work!  Maybe people will stop avoiding coming into my office!

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
I know what you mean about not wearing the vest.

I've only taken mine off for showering, but during the first two weeks I felt oddly fragile or vulnerable in the area of my chest whenever I had the vest off. It always felt good to get the thing back on.

I've been washing the vest by hand. The PS' nurse said I could put them (I have 2) in the washer and dryer, but the instructions on the vests say to hand wash them. Glad I have.

I'm now three weeks out from the surgery and the weird feeling of going without the vest while I shower is diminishing. I hope it is gone completely within a week, when the PS says I can stop wearing it.

Great result by the way!

Offline 34andReady

• Posting Member
Thanks!  I feel great and am really looking forward to the summer!

You said it perfect...  So far, without the vest on, I too feel 'oddly fragile'.  But even that seems to improve every day.  Today I am only 10-days post-op and have somewhat of a plan such as yourself.  I intend to take the vest off in the evening for an hour or 2 while sitting watching tv and obviously for my daily morning showers.  This is staying within the doctor's recommendations.  He said that I should feel OK to take it off for short periods but that it should still be ON 90% of the time for a few more weeks.  I am leaving on 3/24 for my annual golf trip to Myrtle Beach.  I am hoping to be out of the vest about 1 week prior to that.  That will give me another week to get used to being out of the vest and ready to play!

Offline thetodd

Excellent Result! Shame they didnt give you two vests

Massage everyday, twice a day

from whenever your doc says, cause trust me scar tissue is a real real bitch!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline richardee

Excellent Result! Shame they didnt give you two vests

Massage everyday, twice a day

from whenever your doc says, cause trust me scar tissue is a real real bitch!
Should you massage the car after op?

Offline sparta

• Bronze Member
looking good. well done

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024