Author Topic: Gynecomastia on Wikipedia...  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Wikipedia: Gynecomastia

LOL...  :P   Wiki has it all wrong...   Sheesh... ::) 

Wiki makes it sound like being obese causes Gynecomastia... There are many obese men who do not have G. Actually, IMO, it's G that causes obesity and not the reverse! Think about it... how many guys with G and are obese, lose weight and loose their G (completely) at the same time? During my 5 years on this site, I have only read of only one member who has made this claim. However, when questioned, he would not/could not, provide proof (before and after pics) of the feat...

It's odd that Wiki describes (correctly) Gynecomastia as: 'Woman-like-breasts' but also states that G "is the development of abnormally large mammary glands in males resulting in breast enlargement." C'mon now... we all know that breasts are made up of a combination of gland and fatty (adipose) tissue. If you have 'Woman-like breasts', regardless of 'severity/type', then you have Gynecomastia... There is no Pseudogynecomastia!

Wiki's description of 'PseudoGynecomastia' states: "Pseudogynecomastia is composed not of glandular tissue, but of adipose tissue." The Docs on this site have mentioned time and time again, that all
mammals (yes that includes us humans! :P) have mammary glands. Therefore, for Wiki to say that the 'so-called' PseudoGynecomastia does not consist of glandular tissue is false...

The whole page is very misleading... take the photos for example... The 'Pubertal Onset Gynecomastia' shows extreme areola puffiness. I've seen many pics on this site of young teens who have G, but do not have puffy areolas...

In conclusion, Wiki makes it sound like if you are obese and loose weight, you will loose the m(o)(o)bs... Well, don't count on it my friends!!!

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i didn't get that impression myself, it says right up front real gyne is glandular.  i'm going to disagree, i think pseudo is the effect you get when somebody's way overweight to begin with.  i think you can have adipose tissue that's external to the gland tissue itself, those are the few lucky sob's for whom it will actually go away because it wasn't real gyne, it just kind of looked like it.  and you couldn't conclude it spread the weight loss fallacy from reading the treatment section, it looked fine to me. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Wikipedia is often a good place to start if one is trying to get general information. It is not, and should not be confused with, a definitive source of information on any subject.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024