Author Topic: pics of ME  (Read 1976 times)

Offline gelbschnee

• Posting Member
Well I have discovered this site and I believe that I have Gyno. What do you all think? I am 6' and 230 lbs, 20 years old. There is a lot of fat in my chest but I do believe that I can feel some breast tissue as well. Kind of hard-ish and rough surface not directly under the nipple but around it on all sides. Please tell me what you guys think about my situation.

Or am I just overweight? I don't want to start losing weight if my condition will just appear to be worse. It almost makes me want to gain!!!

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
any  more pix a bit further back? we need to see your whole body proportions.

DrBermant

Well I have discovered this site and I believe that I have Gyno. What do you all think? I am 6' and 230 lbs, 20 years old. There is a lot of fat in my chest but I do believe that I can feel some breast tissue as well. Kind of hard-ish and rough surface not directly under the nipple but around it on all sides. Please tell me what you guys think about my situation.

Or am I just overweight? I don't want to start losing weight if my condition will just appear to be worse. It almost makes me want to gain!!!

"Fat or Gyno" is a frequent question here, but misses the point.  Gynecomastia is a contour problem.  All male mammals with have gland.  All fat men and women have big breasts. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to distinguish just what is causing the problem.  Gynecomastia male breasts can be fat, gland, or most commonly a combination of both.  Sometimes skin and sagging tissues can be a factor. Pseudogynecomastia is a bad term that is supposed to be fat only gynecomastia. The problem with that "classification" is that in almost every case of gynecomastia I have seen there is some component of gland.  This gland can be very small, but it is present almost all the time.  So do you have Pseudo gynecomastia when there is a 1%, 10%, 50%, or 90% deformity from fat?  Reality just does not work that way.

Defining a contour problem with photographs sometimes can help.  However, it is impossible to tell from photographs if the deformity is from fat or gland. The dynamic images, of my standard set of Photos can show a region that compresses differently.  Even clinical examination of the male chest such as a pinch test (that I have been talking about here on this forum for many years) can be difficult to differentiate gland vs. fat.

Fat tends to be soft, gland tends to be firm.  Fingers of gland often dissect between fingers of fat.  Look at this drawing and move your mouse over the arrows.  However, gland can be soft and fat firm confusing the picture.  Gland tends to be located under the nipple and pinching pressure can sometimes tether to the nipple pulling it in.

BMI Calculator (Body Mass Index) may be a starting point. Unfortunately, BMI does not take into account bone, muscle mass, vs. fat.  Body Fat Analyzers can help define that issue.

Put more weight on and the breast area will grow. The fat cells there will put on more fat. Gland also can be stimulated to grow by excessive fat. Adding weight is not a good contouring solution.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Male Breast Reduction

Offline gelbschnee

• Posting Member
Alright then i guess ill try and get in shape we'll see what happens. Thank you for the input

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024