Author Topic: -  (Read 16211 times)

Offline Enterprise19

• Posting Member
-
-
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:08:14 AM by Enterprise19 »

DrBermant

How bad can this cancer doc mess me up? He said it would take 30 minutes to remove and I wouldn't see a scar. He's the head division oncologist surgeon. I have a large amount of glandular tissue behind the left nipple and a pea size behind my right. It's on my mind everyday, it may not be as bad as some of these other cases but it has messed me up psychologically severely.

When I put my arms straight out you can see it a lot better. Do you think excision only will suffice?

I cannot conceive on how a 30 minute operation can leave a patient with a refined contour of the chest and no scar. After all of my decades of doing this surgery and working with up to 8 gynecomastia patients a day, I do not tell my patients that my surgery will not result in a scar. All surgery results in scars, the trick is how to make the scar as not noticeable as possible.

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia Surgery is an art form. Excision alone can cause a Crater Deformity Complication. Oncologists are cancer doctors and may be medical or surgical in background. Plastic Surgeons have cancer training but also specialize in reconstruction. Not all Plastic Surgeons have the same skills.

I have posted how to pick your gynecomastia surgeon here:

http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=16474.0

So when a doctor makes a claim that they can do something, look for adequate documentation (such as many before and after pictures / movies) of their technique to verify they can offer what they say.  Look for actual examples of the type of gynecomastia you have. The quality of a scar is in how it moves. A truly invisible scar will not show from multiple angles and on animation.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
Good luck with your results. But I would be a bit weary about who is doing the operation. has he/she done a case like yours before?
Also im just curious if any "substances" played a role in your condition?

Offline thetodd

You are making a big mistake, just look on google on what people are left with after "lump removal" they need extensive reconstructive surgery afterwards and are scarred for life

You should go to a plastic surgeon, forget about your insurance covering it think about your body. Youve got a great body do you want to spend the rest of your life covering up due to a botched 30 minute surgery.

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline Unidentified

• Posting Member
Ask to see photos of gyne surgery performed by this dr. so you can see his work. No photos might be a bad sign. Just something to think about

DeeDubStyle619

Hey man I was wondering how much your procedure was running, if you didn't mind me asking? I have a similar case as yours, except my right is the puffy one. I see places advertising 5000-7000, but I couldnt imagine paying that much for a pretty minor case. Thanks.
-D

Offline UnquestionedAnswers

• Posting Member
Sorry to hear about your situation, bud... but there's no sense in beating yourself up for it, what's done is done. You can only move forward from here. You appear to be in pretty good physical shape - don't quit working out or eating right. Keep that up! Perhaps posting a pic or two will help some of the Doc's on here make a better assessment of your current situation. Good luck...

DrBermant

This decision is going to darn up my life. I'm suppose to go away to college this fall that's why I wanted to fix this shit now it's 100x worse... what should I do. PLEASE HELP IT'S BEEN 3 WEEKS since surgery and I CANT STOP REGRETTING THIS DECISION. I'm severely depressed. Everyone's telling me it's just a scar get over it but it's a big deal to me. PLEASE I need your help! Here's a picture - darn I'm stupid. Ruined my life. CAN THIS BE FIXED? ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Should have listened to you guys. This dude utterly fucked up the left side of my chest. It looks like he tried to do the U shaped incision but he cut partially through my fucking nipple. Now I have a fucked up nipple & a small indention - just looks like I has a cancerous tumor removed from one side of my chest.

Please don't say you warned me because I know you did. Now I have to go see a therapist because I can't get over this shit. What a stupid ass decision, don't even feel like exercising or eating right anymore.

Some Crater Deformities Defects after gynecomastia surgery can be addressed with Fat Flaps where nearby fat with its blood supply is moved into the defect. Some Bad Areola Scars can be Revised. Sometimes in the areola scars can be moved to the edge. Tissues typically need to heal before considering most revision surgery.

Such issues are best explored during a consultation. Choosing a Revision Gynecomastia Surgeon can be even more critical than one for the initial surgery. Look for someone who can demonstrate experience in this form of surgical sculpture.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Sorry to hear this man...But Dr.Bermant clearly warned you :(  Ok sorry I shudn't be saying that now cause what's done is done. But please post some pics? Maybe it's not as bad as you think it is. Or maybe the doctors here have a solution for it. Posting pics will help you I believe. Don't panic or be depressed yet ! Your chest is good. calm down .
Sid

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Dude relax! It's not that bad at all . Infact I couldn't see much of the scar until I scrolled down to the close up pic.I don't think it will be very noticeable after a few months unless of course someone goes hunting for them. your fiirst two pics look just fine to me. I do see it but it doesn't appear that bad? I think you're stressing too much bro.Relax a bit. Scars fade away with time or at least become less noticeable. So don't think that you're gonna stay like this forever. Give it time. don't panic :)
Sid

DrBermant

It's been 3 weeks I only had the left side done. This sucks.

My nipple was cut!

Close ups look very bad embarrassed to post.
I do not see a crater deformity on these limited views you have posted. Scars extending beyond the edge of the areola are difficult to hide, there is no anatomic feature to disguise them. However, the wider access can make for a faster easier operation. Working through a tiny incision at the edge of the areola takes a great deal more skill and time. Short Scar Small Incision Gynecomastia Surgery does a much better job of hiding the scar.

Options will depend on time, healing, Scar Care, and Compression Garments, and many other factors.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Personally i think the results look good.
It looks like a built pectoral now i would personally like them results,
Dont put ureself down bro,

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Enterprise,

Post a photo or two so we can see how you look now.  What part of the country are you in?

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
My bad; I was on the preceding page and didn't see the photos.

Your scars on either side of the areola are fairly short and later (once the scars have matured) can be "excised".  They're short enough that excision should be possible, and you should be left with only the scar around the nipple/areola from the 3 o'clock to 9 o'clock positions, like most guys are left with.

In support of plastic surgeons who perform this surgery, it would be great if your thread and story were more visible on this site, maybe in several areas.  Sorry you're struggling; it will get better.

Dr. Pope, MD

Offline BoneBleached

• Posting Member
  • Even Fools Are Right Sometimes.
Dude you look great, You can barely see it, I would love to be in the shape that you are in, you got good genes. It's just a small scar, do you really think anyone is gonna look at you like you're a freak over that petty little thing? I doubt it. You look great and I hope that over time you start feeling great too.
Tired of being that one link that just cant break

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024